What's new

The world doesn't line up to help Pakistan.

Talking about donations for flood victims from Muslim countries , Kuwait is also in Top ten.....
GENEVA, Aug 13, (KUNA): The UN office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) declared on Friday Kuwait has the highest Arab and Islamic contribution to date for the flood victims of Pakistan, with a payment of $5 million

Last edited:
Sorry completly disagree that it is Mr 10%. People outside Pakistan neither knows nor care about Zardari. It is diversion of funds to terrorism and not using funds for their purpose that is issue.

What 'diversion of funds to terrorism'? Don't spout unsubstantiated BS and propaganda.

There are two issue here. Firstly, US military is aiding flood victims. Secondly, US military needs support of ISI and Pakistan Army's against Talibans. ISI and Pakistan Army are supporting both US military and Talibans at the same time. In any case, Mr 10% is still causing only ten per percent of the poor image while 90% of bad image of Pakistan comes from ISI and Pakistan Army's support of Talibans.

I don't see any evidence that the ISI/Army are supporting the Taliban. The only thing they could be accused of is not acting against the Taliban in North Waziristan, but they can't do that without stabilizing the other areas first.

Please stop regurgitating BS propaganda without any context and understanding of the issues involved.

It is true however that the unsubstantiated propaganda spread by the Western media and governments vilifying Pakistan is largely to blame for the poor response to the aid appeals. There are people on CNN's comments section saying stuff like 'its a good opportunity to pour anthrax in the water' - that reflects a deep animosity towards the Pakistani people, not just its institutions.

CNN and US media is infested by Zionists. Though Mr.100% being President is taking a toll on Pakistan's Aid Drive.

CNN is doing a ok job imo. They are plugging the news of pakistan floods everyday and putting links up for donations. Not on the scale of Haiti though but they certainly are doing a much better job then the Conservatives over at FOX news.

Washington post is actually a right-wing conservative website. So it follows that its viewers will be too.

Besides, watching the comments, it's absolutely clear that those who have made the comments have no idea what is going on (i.e. what's the ground reality) and buy everything their media sells them.

Washington Post? A right wing conservative website?:rofl:
Are you sure you are not confusing it with The Washington Times? The Post is one of the most respected newspapers in the U.S. and is anything but right wing.

It is true however that the unsubstantiated propaganda spread by the Western media and governments vilifying Pakistan is largely to blame for the poor response to the aid appeals. There are people on CNN's comments section saying stuff like 'its a good opportunity to pour anthrax in the water' - that reflects a deep animosity towards the Pakistani people, not just its institutions.

So, why is that? Does nothing ever warrant some introspection? You have made the point on innumerable threads that this attitude is found, according to you in the comments made by Indians & you have put that down to pathological hatred towards Pakistanis/Pakistan. Now you are saying that the same also holds true for people in the west including in the country you live in. Why exactly do they share similar attitudes towards Pakistanis as Indians? Indian attitude could be explained as many have sought to do by citing historic religious hatred, non acceptance of Pakistan's creation & the like. None of these are applicable (supposedly) to those countries that are technically your allies. You have been making the point on other threads that public opinion is unimportant & what matters is how governmental relationships(of necessity) are. This unfortunate circumstance proves that there maybe a value to public opinion after all.

Calling everything BS/pathetic Indian drivel can only get you so far. The ostrich does not automatically become safer because it has its head buried in the sand. It's too much to expect long standing governmental policies to be reversed overnight but surely individuals can introspect & make necessary changes in their personal positions. Otherwise, like the ostrich, you face the danger of reality bearing down on you with terrifying finality irrespective of your misconceived sense of security.

So, why is that? Does nothing ever warrant some introspection? You have made the point on innumerable threads that this attitude is found, according to you in the comments made by Indians & you have put that down to pathological hatred towards Pakistanis/Pakistan. Now you are saying that the same also holds true for people in the west including in the country you live in. Why exactly do they share similar attitudes towards Pakistanis as Indians? Indian attitude could be explained as many have sought to do by citing historic religious hatred, non acceptance of Pakistan's creation & the like. None of these are applicable (supposedly) to those countries that are technically your allies. You have been making the point on other threads that public opinion is unimportant & what matters is how governmental relationships(of necessity) are. This unfortunate circumstance proves that there maybe a value to public opinion after all.

Calling everything BS/pathetic Indian drivel can only get you so far. The ostrich does not automatically become safer because it has its head buried in the sand. It's too much to expect long standing governmental policies to be reversed overnight but surely individuals can introspect & make necessary changes in their personal positions. Otherwise, like the ostrich, you face the danger of reality bearing down on you with terrifying finality irrespective of your misconceived sense of security.

Well you have pretty much covered everything, but just to add on, i was always surprised by the "don't care" attitudes of many Pakistani members to the negative publicity their country was receiving. Many laughed it off as Western propaganda or Indian hatred. Even when the PM of Britain made such shocking statements, it was dismissed with a laugh. Honestly, I have wondered if it was an attitude put on by the members for the sake of seeming unperturbed or whether it was genuine lack of concern. Because I for one would have been deeply disturbed and insulted should my nation have been subject to relentless assault on prominent international news networks.

Because at the end of the day, the opinion of others towards your country matters. The comparison of aid received in 2005 Earthquake and for this flooding disaster is proof enough. Instead of always laughing off international public opinion, maybe its time Pakistan rethink its foreign policies, and ways to improve international public perception of the nation.

What is coming in the way is the image Pak ( read ISI & PA) have acquired for diverting funds & resources from the purpose it is meant for.

Post User Polls: Are you donating to help Pakistan? - Jodi Westrick

A look at the percentages will help.

This diversion began with Zia and continues to the day. No one is sure if what is sent will reach those it is intended for.

This is just a myth, and a baseless one as well, it is IMPOSSIBLE to embezzle American aid money as there are always observers to oversee where that money is being used, at what rate it is being used, the progress being made and finally they compile a report and send it to the relevant agency or institution.

Well you have pretty much covered everything, but just to add on, i was always surprised by the "don't care" attitudes of many Pakistani members to the negative publicity their country was receiving. Many laughed it off as Western propaganda or Indian hatred. Even when the PM of Britain made such shocking statements, it was dismissed with a laugh. Honestly, I have wondered if it was an attitude put on by the members for the sake of seeming unperturbed or whether it was genuine lack of concern. Because I for one would have been deeply disturbed and insulted should my nation have been subject to relentless assault on prominent international news networks.

Because at the end of the day, the opinion of others towards your country matters. The comparison of aid received in 2005 Earthquake and for this flooding disaster is proof enough. Instead of always laughing off international public opinion, maybe its time Pakistan rethink its foreign policies, and ways to improve international public perception of the nation.

War does that to you, we have been in a state of ALL OUT WAR since the Lal Masjid operation and the worst part is that nobody is prepared to honour the sacrifices of the people who lost their loved ones, their property and their worldly possessions, I saw many fine men fall, and it hurts me when someone says we are not doing enough. If they can do better, they should lead by example, manuals and operational protocols do not mean **** to us. Similarly, these people who criticize us hardly know about what they are talking about, bloody cowards sit behind desks and think they have the authority to speak on matters they can only read reports about. You can only know the gravity of the situation and the key role Pakistan is playing if you are on ground zero. Following is the article of a very critical Indian journalist who visited us at bajaur, it speaks indepth about our concerns and beliefs:
Inside the colonel’s den

There are people on CNN's comments section saying stuff like 'its a good opportunity to pour anthrax in the water' - that reflects a deep animosity towards the Pakistani people, not just its institutions.

Did you not like what they said?

Do you think Americans or citizens of other countries like it when thousands of Pakistani people throng their streets proclaiming to defeat americans, or as your religious parties call it-the great satan and burning US flag?

Give respect, take respect mate. There is a reason why the rest of the wold has a not-so-high opinion of Pakistan.

War does that to you, we have been in a state of ALL OUT WAR since the Lal Masjid operation and the worst part is that nobody is prepared to honour the sacrifices of the people who lost their loved ones, their property and their worldly possessions, I saw many fine men fall, and it hurts me when someone says we are not doing enough. If they can do better, they should lead by example, manuals and operational protocols do not mean **** to us. Similarly, these people who criticize us hardly know about what they are talking about, bloody cowards sit behind desks and think they have the authority to speak on matters they can only read reports about. You can only know the gravity of the situation and the key role Pakistan is playing if you are on ground zero. Following is the article of a very critical Indian journalist who visited us at bajaur, it speaks indepth about our concerns and beliefs:
Inside the colonel’s den

yes, i agree that the suffering of Pakistanis have been greatly undermined in the west, to the point of insult. and it is sad to see the death of good soldiers not being even appreciated by the west.

But the fact remains that west is suspicious of Pakistan, and Pakistan hasn't done much diplomatically to alleviate the concerns. International diplomacy is an essential game to be played, and Pakistan really does lag behind in that aspect. Its a game that has to be played with cold-cut logic, not emotions. In international diplomacy, emotions are not supposed to govern anything. rather, they are used to take advantage of a situation.

Pakistan's refusal to engage Afghan Taliban, the insufficient response after the wikileaks (Pakistan should have launched a serious diplomatic counter-attack, rubbishing the report with proof) all have damaged Pakistan's image. And the fact that ex-ISI heads like Hamid Gul openly supporting Afghan Taliban doesnt help at all. To add to that, many Pakistanis abroad openly abuse the west, increasingly showing the country in a negative light.

Government of Pakistan (GoP) should have done MUCH more on the diplomatic front to boost the image of Pakistan. Because to me, the lackluster attitude of GoP, and many pak civillians, towards the west maligning the country and belittling Pakistan's sacrifices is as good as them insulting the soldiers martyred in this war. They died for their country. and the government and people of that country cannot even defend it from verbal assaults, or defend the honor of the fallen. they just pass of everything with a shake of their head.

Did you not like what they said?

Do you think Americans or citizens of other countries like it when thousands of Pakistani people throng their streets proclaiming to defeat americans, or as your religious parties call it-the great satan and burning US flag?

Give respect, take respect mate. There is a reason why the rest of the wold has a not-so-high opinion of Pakistan.

You must be joking - other than your Indian prejudice and moral bankruptcy I cannot think of any reason why you would compare calling for the defeat of a perceived US invasion and occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan by Islamists to calls by Americans to put anthrax in the water which would directly kill innocent men, women and children.

There is no case of 'give respect get respect' here, just pure hatred. Your anti-Pakistan hate and prejudice has blinded you.

It is absolutely disgusting to see calls for what amounts to genocide being justified by resort to protests against US wars, foreign policies and the US government.

Last edited:

The flood of a century is indeed an unfortunate circumstance, but 'floods of the century' are not really rational or feasible issues to base 'molding public opinion' on or formulating foreign policy on.

And why do these people share similar attitudes? The answer was in my post you relied to. Non stop propaganda and vilification of Pakistan for the sake of the US pressuring Pakistan to commit to a particular track in Afghanistan, while waffling with its own commitment as it abandoned Afghanistan to go wage an illegitimate war in Iraq.

What is so hard to understand here? Public opinion in both India and the West, going by these comments, reflects a hateful and prejudiced attitude towards ordinary people in Pakistan and other Muslim countries. The need for introspection is necessary on the part of these people, not Pakistan. So long as this BS propaganda from the West and vilification of Pakistan without any evidence to back it up continues, it will be called what it is BS propaganda.

The only ostriches here are those who got caught up in the hysteria of Islamophobia and hate to easily believe lies about Iraq, and despite being shown that, are now caught up in the hysteria of Islamophibia, hate and prejudice to talk about mass murdering men, women and children by putting anthraz in the flood waters.

Individuals certainly should introspect, especially Indians and Westerners, about why they find it so easy to take positions advocating mass murder of innocents.

Last edited:
The anti Muslim or Pakistani comments are not just exclusive to Pakistan - I've read far worse comments about Turkey after Flotilla incident.These kind of comments are common with ring wing ignorant folks.Indians of course love to suck up to Westerns and echo their comments.I recall when some Sikh was harassed because someone thought he is Arab instead of Sikhs saying that Not All Arabs or Muslims are terrorists the Sikh just aid hey we're not Arab or Muslim.The hatred shown for Muslims at BR or other Indian sites pretty much boggles my mind considering that India itself has huge Muslim Population.Needless to say countries are coming up for donation now.China has just announced another donation of 7 Million>Saudi has just announced donation of 300 Million Riyal.I see Indians on several sites advising Americans and others to not donate - Well What goes around comes around.I am sure there are plenty of hindus here who believe in Karma.

Back
Top Bottom