What's new

The US Navy wants to sell off its troubled littoral combat ships to allies after just a few years in service

Really...??? Did YOU make such 'analysis' by yourself BEFORE the concept was executed? Or did you WAITED until the USN deployed the ships, found some issues, others smarter than you and have real Ph.D opined, then you rode the coattails of their opinions to make yourself look smart? Do you even know how to swim? :lol:
Talk nonsense BS. All the eidences are in that the LCS are big failures that's why US navy wants to get rid off them.

I remember just a few years ago, these were cutting edge, state of the art modular (out of this world) fighting ships as per american fanbois.
I remember that, it was an nth gen state of the art with no equal in the world ready to take on the mightiest of the navies.

Talk nonsense BS. All the eidences are in that the LCS are big failures that's why US navy wants to get rid off them.
In other words, YOU, just like others from countries that does not contributed to military science and crafts, talked out of your as5.

In other words, YOU, just like others from countries that does not contributed to military science and crafts, talked out of your as5.
You talk out of shit nonsense even though you claim you have military background. Just accept facts is not that hard.

They could be ideal for the Philippines, and reactivating the maintenance yards at Subic Bay could also subsidize a yard the USN could need in a Taiwan contingency.

The LCS is probably also a better platform to employ USVs, deploying hydrophone networks due to its modularity.

The US already plans to come back to operating more out of the Philippines, this could be the best way to boost their capabilities and have a destroyer squadron/Surface Action group operate out of Subic bay to back them up as they exert themselves in their territorial water/Littorals.
Well, they are ideal for just about anyone who is looking for coastal option with some fight, the question always is, can these country afford it. Philippine wouldn't be able to afford even just one of these LCS, unless the US is giving them away, there are no way they can be with Philippine.

If they are getting rid of those LCS, I would say a number of Middle East countries that don't need a Blue Water navy is the perfect candidate. Country like Qatar, UAE or Kuwait.

But as I said, they will be most likely goes to the Coast Guard in some 15-20 years for Drug interdiction after the Constellation class is up and running. A bit overkilled but that is the most logical.

maybe poor and struggling country like BANGLADESH can be donated

Well, they are ideal for just about anyone who is looking for coastal option with some fight, the question always is, can these country afford it. Philippine wouldn't be able to afford even just one of these LCS, unless the US is giving them away, there are no way they can be with Philippine.

If they are getting rid of those LCS, I would say a number of Middle East countries that don't need a Blue Water navy is the perfect candidate. Country like Qatar, UAE or Kuwait.

But as I said, they will be most likely goes to the Coast Guard in some 15-20 years for Drug interdiction after the Constellation class is up and running. A bit overkilled but that is the most logical.
Definitely will end up in southern command; South America and the east coast of Africa in a whole host of roles (unless the PLAN starts operating there with Type 054B frigates, in which case the Constellations will be there).

The GCC countries could afford it, but wouldn’t they want to just go for their own constellation class frigates or FREMM boats like the Egyptians have?

Definitely will end up in southern command; South America and the east coast of Africa in a whole host of roles (unless the PLAN starts operating there with Type 054B frigates, in which case the Constellations will be there).

Well, on the other thread I have already explained how Chinese Navy is lacking big ship vis-a-vis US, I don't think putting Constellation in SCS is going to make much difference, when the US have twice the number of Destroyer and Cruiser than the Chinese.

I mean yeah, as part of a fleet protection group, but I doubt that will be a block deployment in the SCS like deploying them like a destroyer squadron.

The GCC countries could afford it, but wouldn’t they want to just go for their own constellation class frigates or FREMM boats like the Egyptians have?

Saudi already ordered Freedom Class LCS, but they are twerking it into a full blown Frigate (which is smart), these LCS do come with a good punch, again, not against fleet navy but against coastal defence, and they are easy to operate and loaded with advance technology.

I mean, not everyone wanted a Frigate.

So much for state of the art, turning the tides of war, invisible ship that everyone talked about a few years back lol and memories are still fresh from the forums!

Back
Top Bottom