What's new

The US and South Asia After Afghanistan

ajtr

BANNED
Reaction score
NEW YORK, December 12, 2012 — U.S. Under Secretary Robert D. Hormats, Asia Society Senior Fellow Alexander Evans, Former Pakistan Ambassador Husain Haqqani, and Foreign Affairs Advisor Frank G. Wisner discuss the prospects for achieving a strategic U.S. approach to South Asia and the hard choices an incoming Administration will need to make to get there. (1 hr., 18 min.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thts what they r jst dreaming off, bt they r nt the only ones with plans in their hands?
Thy don't know what others might do, if thy go that!

This unfortunately would serve no purpose posting it in here ; Pakistanis would rather martyr Hussain Haqqani as the leader of the Haqqani network than their "Good Talibani" friends, just like they did with the good Doc. Afridi. The strategic calculus in the AF-PAK region is shifting, except that the ones who need to recognize it will not until it is too late, by which time they will be wallowing in a quicksand of geopolitical clusterfuck.

NEW YORK, December 12, 2012 — U.S. Under Secretary Robert D. Hormats, Asia Society Senior Fellow Alexander Evans, Former Pakistan Ambassador Husain Haqqani, and Foreign Affairs Advisor Frank G. Wisner discuss the prospects for achieving a strategic U.S. approach to South Asia and the hard choices an incoming Administration will need to make to get there. (1 hr., 18 min.)

Can somebody give a summary.

I donot bother to read this elite people discussion....Because most of the time whatever US and NATO plans for Afganistan...Unfortunately that never happens...So i just assumed that either US and NATO are just outsmarted in Afganistan or ...US and NATO are too smart enough to showcase to the world that they are getting defeated but otheriwse...they have acheived their ultimate goal which none of us might ever think of it....So in both the cases...I find myself very much confused ....

AFTER 2004, its gonna be a deadlock.
the pakistanis would be eager to take control of afghanistan in a way during taliban era.
projects started by the indians wud either slow down or stop completely due to taliban resurgence.
watever coalition troops remain in afghanistan, wud stuggle to keep the urban areas under control while the large swathes of country will be under the taliban.
society will return back to medieval times.
it doesnt matter whether US or pakistan or india is blamed for the mess in afghanistan , i think the real responsibility lies on the ppl of afghanistan. they seem to like their old laws and customs to define their society. this results in "warlord"ism and further division among tribes and sects.

as long as these mini identities persist,there can never be a united afghanistan. afghans should look to pakistanis how eagerly they promote and brandish the "pakistani identity", how successfully indians have created "brand india" among its diversities. if pakistanis and indians can , why not afghans????

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom