What's new

The UAE Builds the Jeniah Stealth UCAV

Philip the Arab

Reaction score
Country
Jordan

The United Arab Emirates defence company Abu Dhabi Autonomous Systems Investments (ADASI) unveiled the mock-up of an Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle named Jeniah (Fairy). The company states that the UAV will have artificial intelligence for decision-making, but it does not spesifiy whether the AI is for navigation or assault missions.

According to the company's statement, the Jeniah project results from the UAE-based company's three years of research and development efforts. However, the company has yet to reveal when the UCAV will fly for the first time.

(Credit Waleed Sami)
The Scramble Magazine claimed that ADASI got help from engineers from South Africa after their company closed.
Jeniah is designed with stealth characteristics to carry out ground attack missions deep into enemy territory and to provide anti-access/area denial (A2/AD) systems to control access. In its combat missions, Jeniah can operate individually or fly formations in groups.

1678025471513.png

1678025492936.png

C9CAC57E-CD40-4A0D-8011-668899228EA9.jpeg

1DCEB58B-820B-4235-B102-FCFB198DF204.jpeg

UAE (Halcon etc.) has been spitting out one impressive project after the other lately. Bonds well for the future of the overall Arab military sector when a small Arab country like UAE can achieve this much within such a short time period.

One wonders what the collective potential of Arabs could be, if they became politically unified by large, given the massive and quickly growing Arab population, enormous natural and mineral wealth (KSA alone, 1 Arab country, has almost every strategic mineral below its lands waiting to be excavated and taken advantage of), human capital and potential, political will (see recent developments in numerous Arab countries - in particular KSA and UAE), and history.

Arabs are one of the few civilizational peoples out there. The Arab world has a very long and proud scientific history, Islamic Golden Age, home to the oldest civilizations in the world that dominated science and technology for millennia etc.

I wrote it in another thread but the current state of Arabs is an anomaly and probably the biggest waste of potential in the world alongside, sadly, Pakistan. I am happy that Arab leaderships are finally waking up and realizing and no longer tolerating to waste the enormous potential and time.

So I have overall no doubts that Arabs will eventually become largely self-sufficient in almost every critical field/technology but this process would be quicker and more effective if the Arab League worked even half as effective as say the EU does.

Can't have it all, I guess, but better late than never.

The United Arab Emirates defence company Abu Dhabi Autonomous Systems Investments (ADASI) unveiled the mock-up of an Unmanned Combat Aerial Vehicle named Jeniah (Fairy). The company states that the UAV will have artificial intelligence for decision-making, but it does not spesifiy whether the AI is for navigation or assault missions.

According to the company's statement, the Jeniah project results from the UAE-based company's three years of research and development efforts. However, the company has yet to reveal when the UCAV will fly for the first time.

(Credit Waleed Sami)
The Scramble Magazine claimed that ADASI got help from engineers from South Africa after their company closed.
Jeniah is designed with stealth characteristics to carry out ground attack missions deep into enemy territory and to provide anti-access/area denial (A2/AD) systems to control access. In its combat missions, Jeniah can operate individually or fly formations in groups.

View attachment 918919

View attachment 918920

View attachment 918922

View attachment 918923

Good on UAE and congrats to UAE for being able to develop the institutions that allow it to attempt such complex projects now.

We have seen alot of prototypes and mockups - hopefully some of these get translated into real systems that hit production !!!

Good on UAE and congrats to UAE for being able to develop the institutions that allow it to attempt such complex projects now.

We have seen alot of prototypes and mockups - hopefully some of these get translated into real systems that hit production !!!
They are, their TB2 type drone was just flight tested and is gonna be mass ordered.

“At the Dubai Air Show, we showed the Reach-S as a dummy model. It is now a flying plane, and we are in the process of closing a very large order,” he said, before revealing how much a single one cost

“Where others are selling at between USD3.5–5 million, we are announcing a price of USD1.1 million.”

1678037981420.jpeg

1678038148931.jpeg

@Corruptistan if the topic interests you

(Credit Waleed Sami)

View attachment 918919

View attachment 918920

View attachment 918922

View attachment 918923
Interesting emphasis on range/endurance rather than payload. It seems the UAE is positioning this as more of a strategic asset more so than just a loyal wingman UCAV.

Interesting emphasis on range/endurance rather than payload. It seems the UAE is positioning this as more of a strategic asset more so than just a loyal wingman UCAV.
Well, with the advent of micro stand-off munitions I’d say that payload isn’t as important.
They already have the perfect munition imo, a airlaunched cruise missile with a 50kg warhead, 120km range, GAINS and a terminal IR seeker.

20211115_122112-scaled.jpg

Most likely they’ll use the Jeniah to take out AD/AF assets before sending in their manned fighter aircraft. I doubt it’s radar signature is very high, and it’s infrared signature is minimized by its exhaust design.

Well, with the advent of micro stand-off munitions I’d say that payload isn’t as important.
They already have the perfect munition imo, a airlaunched cruise missile with a 50kg warhead, 120km range, GAINS and a terminal IR seeker.

20211115_122112-scaled.jpg

Most likely they’ll use the Jeniah to take out AD/AF assets before sending in their manned fighter aircraft. I doubt it’s radar signature is very high, and it’s infrared signature is minimized by its exhaust design.

It will be launched from which aircraft or UAV?

1678649861348.jpeg

1678650379244.png

1678650070011.jpeg

@LeGenD
It uses a similar intake to the YF-23 which if I remember correctly is optimized to reduce the infrared signature of the aircraft.

Do you think the aircraft seems stealth(ish) at least from first sight?

Last edited:
In my opinion, if they develop this drone as they wish to it could make the Emirati Air Force one of the strongest in top 10 air forces if produced in sufficient numbers.

When you see them giving contracts to the West for billions of dollars for aircraft and drones you assume they could likely produce them far cheaper and acquire them in large (200+) quantities.

Combine that with their conventional aircraft and they’d have a lethal combination of manned and unmanned fighter teaming which would be only rivaled by Turkey in the region.

I could be wrong but I assume the drone is stealthier than most 4th gen aircraft and if armed with a radar and BVRAAM it could be very deadly.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom