What's new

The Turkish defense industry continues to rise: 7 companies in Defense News Top 100 list

There is no Hyundai Techwin and I am sorry, but I am having a difficult time of understanding your sentences.

However, when you said "If he wanted it, he could now have it in a fully Turkish tank", does this mean Turkey could design & build a fully indigenous tank right now? I was under the impression that Turkey can't even develop a powerpack as well as some other critical parts?

Turkey also completely without any help except PowerPack could do if you wanted a tank of their own design. Regarding the powerpack issue, the commercial engines of companies such as Tümosan - Bmc Power are constantly shown in Turkish forums, but Otosan has been producing engines and transmissions for Ford for years. In the past years, he designed a high power engine with Euro 6 emission for F-Max trucks, which were also designed by Otosan and released to the market in Europe and is currently in production. They even give licensed another Chinese partner of Ford to manufacture this engine and vehicle. No matter how difficult it is, a private company that can design and manufacture an engine of this size with Euro 6 emission can remove the power pack for the tank with light technical support, so we will see a prototype in the next 3 years. Nobody asks if they can do it, but when it will happen.

I was under the impression that Turkey can't even develop a powerpack as well as some other critical parts?

S.Korean Tank K2 use German engine and gun too

stop terrorize the thread with your ignorance and jealousy

Mate, all of those countries already are selling the products that Turkey is trying to design & build in the next 2 decades. I don't think Turkey won't beat countries like US, UK and Europe on quality (except a very few cases) and Russia & China on prices (again except a few minor cases). In the end, do you seriously believe Aselsan & TAI could beat companies like Honeywell, Dassault, GE Aviation, RR, Mitsubishi heavy industries?

I said this in the general product range. Specifically, it is not possible to compete with these companies in the engine branch and I do not think it will happen in the next 50 years. Currently, TEI earns an income of 5 billion dollars a year by producing parts for these companies and they are doing these for products that really have balls. As I said, this friend is a little impetuous and sometimes gets too boost.

You have no brain cells you ultra nationalistic shit

in the last 10 years 7 Turkish Companies entered top 100 list and Aselsan in top 50 , TAI in 53 now

by 2030s everybody will see Turkiye's global defense industry

Last edited by a moderator:
the US can do nothing ... when Turkish engines enter service
you can't compete even Embrar and Russian aerospace companies and forget about competing against Airbus/RR/Lock Heed Martin/GE/P&W/Northrop Grumman/Boeing etc etc

you can't compete even Embrar and Russian aerospace companies and forget about competing against Airbus/RR/Lock Heed Martin/GE/P&W/Northrop Grumman/Boeing etc etc

we dont care about anyone ...... we focused on our job

btw Embraer ranks 79 ( $775 milllion ) ....... TAI ranks 53 ( $1,85 billion )

and nobody compare TAI with Airbus,LM,Boeing,Northrop Grumman .......

Last edited by a moderator:
Turkey also completely without any help except PowerPack could do if you wanted a tank of their own design. Regarding the powerpack issue, the commercial engines of companies such as Tümosan - Bmc Power are constantly shown in Turkish forums, but Otosan has been producing engines and transmissions for Ford for years. In the past years, he designed a high power engine with Euro 6 emission for F-Max trucks, which were also designed by Otosan and released to the market in Europe and is currently in production. They even give licensed another Chinese partner of Ford to manufacture this engine and vehicle. No matter how difficult it is, a private company that can design and manufacture an engine of this size with Euro 6 emission can remove the power pack for the tank with light technical support, so we will see a prototype in the next 3 years. Nobody asks if they can do it, but when it will happen.

Mate, only engines that I could find on Tumosan website are with the highest output of ~115ph and BMC seems like using engines from Fiat or Cummins for their buses and trucks. And do you think foreigners would believe that they could build a military-grade reliable diesel engine with an output of 1500ph? By the way, a transmission is a competely separate issue. I believe Korea is toubled more with the transmission than the engine, even though the country is very experienced in designing & developing & manufacturing powerpack. In fact, many other companies that have been involved in diesel engines with very high output for heavy vehicles and ships have failed to develop a reliable 1500 diesel engine & transmission. I am sorry, but it is not very convincing if you insist that some unknown company that only has some experience in producing truck engines under the license & designing a truck engine for once could build a reliable 1500 diesel engine & transmission.

Okay 3 more years right? I have nothing to lose either ways. However, you should understand my skepticism is reasonable. Frankly, It seems like Turkish officials are just kicking the can down the road until Germany gives up on embargoing Turkey.

Members are advised to not to feed a misbehaving person instead, report the matter and move on without quoting back. Otherwise, the instigator and the one replying in kind, both will be receiving fractions.

Regards,

This title was moved without any excuse.

Is Defense News a local magazine? No, it is the world's most respected organization in its field. Is the Turkish defense industry a local supplier? No, it exports to 4 continents.

So Why? I do not know, may be because of some positive information about Turkey.

Now let's look at some of recently opened topics on the first page of the World Affairs section:

Ertugrul - a Turkish drama has gained popularity world wide - specially Pakistan

Tesla No Longer Even A Growth Company; Going Bankrupt

China and The Future of Technology

No Longer Leader of the Free World: Trump Admin. Humiliated at UN over Iran Arms Embargo(by chinese member)

Harboring illegal separatists may add obstacles to China-UK ties: ambassador

Turkey threatens Biden, tells US it will “pay price” for criticism

Australia needs Trump to win the election because 'we cannot face China alone'

Debt-trap diplomacy: PNG wants Huawei loan cancelled

Chinese stocks lead gains regionally; Japan’s economy shrank 27.8%

Australian diplomat urges restraint in deadly border spat between India and China

Saudi Arabia and Pakistan: A partnership too important to fail

Facebook refused to check hate speech by India's BJP fearing business fallout: WSJ report

Academic Ranking of World Universities 2020 (ShanghaiRanking)

Countries where land and environmental activists are killed the most (2019)

Chinese yuan is best major currency bet, In each and every category of fundamentals, China beats US

Australia's defence industry needs to triple output to keep up with arms race

Large population decline expected in China and India

Featured Congress has secretly blocked US arms sales to Turkey for nearly two years

For the first time, The Fortune Global 500 is now more Chinese than American

China leads peers in 5G investments, half of worldwide investment from the country

Income Tax raid finds money laundering worth ₹1,000 crore by Chinese firms

On this occasion, I am sharing with the forum for the last time what kind of systematic retrenchment applying against us. From now on, PDF reputation rapidly decrease in Turkish communities, but I hope the PDF board will be able to see the corruption in them one day, without us.

I will not assume as such without considering the facts that Mod(s) apply to keep it more informative & related for up-coming discussion. Defence related news mostly are kept in respective sections so that it will be available for a longer period as compare to world affairs sections that mostly project for political or strategical discussions and such thread will go down the list or to next page within the matter of a day if not hours. The reason that Turkish Defence industry is progressing and making its own name in particular area, in-fact having to list as such is appreciated as well as encouraging. Therefore, it would have been moved to particular section so that everyone that wanted to read or discuss, can easily find as compare to lost in the long yet rapidly updating world affairs section list.

It is a disappointment to see that people tend to make their minds already in such a way without asking the right question or for the reason at first.

Regards,

we dont care about anyone ...... we focused on our job
btw Embraer ranks 79 ( $775 milllion ) ....... TAI ranks 53 ( $1,85 billion )
and nobody compare TAI with Airbus,LM,Boeing,Northrop Grumman .......

The total revenue of Embraer (incl. civllian sales) is over $5 billion. In fact, Brazil has a separate company that deals with manufacturing helicopters (Helibras) which has a total revenue of about $6 billion, but won't be listed on here as it is a subsidiary of Airbus.

Mate, only engines that I could find on Tumosan website are with the highest output of ~115ph and BMC seems like using engines from Fiat or Cummins for their buses and trucks.

BMC 585 HP 6-cylinder National commercial truck engine AZRA
Ds7s6G1X4AAJDHC.jpg

Mate, only engines that I could find on Tumosan website are with the highest output of ~115ph and BMC seems like using engines from Fiat or Cummins for their buses and trucks. And do you think foreigners would believe that they could build a military-grade reliable diesel engine with an output of 1500ph? By the way, a transmission is a competely separate issue. I believe Korea is toubled more with the transmission than the engine, even though the country is very experienced in designing & developing & manufacturing powerpack. In fact, many other companies that have been involved in diesel engines with very high output for heavy vehicles and ships have failed to develop a reliable 1500 diesel engine & transmission. I am sorry, but it is not very convincing if you insist that some unknown company that only has some experience in producing truck engines under the license & designing a truck engine for once could build a reliable 1500 diesel engine & transmission.

Okay 3 more years right? I have nothing to lose either ways. However, you should understand my skepticism is reasonable. Frankly, It seems like Turkish officials are just kicking the can down the road until Germany gives up on embargoing Turkey.

Shortage in supply firms impasse size of the business because it is in all kinds of shopping with each other in Turkey. Turkey has a lot of skilled workers in the automotive and likewise there are too many tests and centers of excellence. The BMC Power gearbox commissioned for the engine receives support from a British company and someones says that the engine it will develop will be based on a modified 1550BG version of the Fiat-Iveco V12 engine. In addition, Tumosan has engine and power group work up to 750 hp. Up to 450 hp is actively used in the modernization of M113s, and at the same time, the engine supplier was selected for Pars 6x6 and 8x8 to be purchased by the armed forces. It's normal that you don't see it on the official site because it's busy selling engines used in tractors for farmers, what will a civilian 450 hp engine do? That's why there is an engine section in Turkish forums and subtitles.
Korea has been in this business for a long time with companies such as Doosan and SK, and even so, it is the most normal thing in the world to worry about us if the gearbox is not liked, but Korea does not contact European companies as much as we do (especially in the automotive sector). Aside from the difficulty of the job, one of the reasons why too many companies do not develop this engine is that it will not do much better except for the tank. Much smaller or larger engines are preferred for situations such as Generator - Apu and nobody wants to deal with it.

The total revenue of Embraer (incl. civllian sales) is over $5 billion.

We are talking about global defense list ...... and TAI has more military projects than Embraer .... Embraer is not even close

TAI's aviation projects ...

-- ANKA-S UCAV
-- AKSUNGUR UCAV
-- GOKSUNGUR supersonic UCAV
-- HURKUS Basic trainer Aircraft
-- HURJET advanced jet trainer and light attack Jet
-- TFX 5th gen Fighter Jet
-- T-129 5 tons Attack Helicopter
-- T-629 6 tons Attack Helicopter
-- ATAK-II 10 tons Attack Helicopter
-- T-625 6 tons Utility Helicopter
-- TAI 10 tons Utility Helicopter