What's new

The truth of Indian Economy since 1998

pt1982

Reaction score
Country
India
Growth Performance

If you look at the macroeconomic picture of India since 1998 under two ideologically different Govt. at Delhi, you will be dumbfounded. It busts many myths which have been created deliberately to suit one ideology. Lest see what are the macroeconomic data I am referring to and how it actually busts the BALLOON that one ideology is holding onto.
macro1.png

With this credible perspective of Indian Economy at our disposal, it wont take rocket science to explain which ideology has done wonders for the county.

I think, only Inflation has been an Achilles hill of Congress, other wise be it:

• FDI inflow - 10 times more
  • Annual GDP growth - 2% point high with two back to back global recessions
  • Performance of stock market - 3 times
  • Fiscal deficit - 1% point less with the with two back to back global recessions
For more read this great research document which busts a lot of myth whether the flavor of the month political ideology:

• Suits private sector?
  • Are they reformists?
  • Can they perform better than the incumbent in power?

Bad comparison,We were Hit by sanctions in 1999 which resulted in low growth rates and it was NDA regime which brought policies to project India into a high growth trajectory.UPA just messed all the things and brought infinite corruption,incumbency,policy paralyisis,directionless foreign policy and a lot of other things.

A better comparison would be to compare BJP ruled states and Congressi ruled states.

Beside that you should have posted this in sticky thread.

i m not in the modi brigade, nor in the pappu rally either.....
my take on the above chart is :
NDA's policies were long term and hence showed their results after their short stint at the helm. so in place of congress, if NDA had the reigns (post 2004) the figures wud have been pretty much the same.
scams wud have been less in numbers, but the magnitude of each wud have been comparable. Inflation wud have been a issue then too.

i m not in the modi brigade, nor in the pappu rally either.....
my take on the above chart is :
NDA's policies were long term and hence showed their results after their short stint at the helm. so in place of congress, if NDA had the reigns (post 2004) the figures wud have been pretty much the same.
scams wud have been less in numbers, but the magnitude of each wud have been comparable. Inflation wud have been a issue then too.

Forgot to give the link. The researchers deny that probability at least they do not give any credence to the idea that NDA did some long term reform; they DID NOT. The 5.6% growth during NDA was due to the 8.6% growth in the last year when they exit. With continuous GDP rates in 4, they had a low base to grow at 8.6%.

In case of UPA, they did it against a high base and consistently till they were bugged down by:

• Back to back global recessions
  • High energy price
  • High global food price
  • High commodity price

http://econ.lse.ac.uk/staff/mghatak/UPA record.pdf

What explains the high FD during NDA and what explains low FD even there were lot of stimulus to econmy to push growth in the face of back to back recessions in 2008/09 and 2011/12?

This clearly speaks volume about the ability of UPA to manage economy than NDA?
macro3.png

My dear friend you have done a wrong comparison, a better comparison would be to compare BJP ruled and Congressi ruled states.
Lets see it by comparing the biggest advantage that Gujrat thought to be having over Congress ruled states:

Lets face it...Gujrat is at fourth..TN at top, then comes Maharastra and then AP.

Non-BJP States ahead in manufacturing - The Hindu

What explains the high FD during NDA and what explains low FD even there were lot of stimulus to econmy to push growth in the face of back to back recessions in 2008/09 and 2011/12?

This clearly speaks volume about the ability of UPA to manage economy than NDA?
View attachment 23116

Lets see it by comparing the biggest advantage that Gujrat thought to be having over Congress ruled states:

Lets face it...Gujrat is at fourth..TN at top, then comes Maharastra and then AP.

Non-BJP States ahead in manufacturing - The Hindu
Absolute statsistics doesnt matter,what matters is how much progress you made in five years.And are you sure that Congress is the ruler in these states??

Can you also post the growth rates of these states??

My dear friend you have done a wrong comparison, a better comparison would be to compare BJP ruled and Congressi ruled states.
I am also ready to talk about states ability to combat inflation. This report in Hindu talks how Congress ruled states have better grip over inflation than BJP ruled states.

Retail inflation lower in Congress-ruled States

Retail inflation lower in Congress-ruled States - The Hindu

@pt1982 lets not cherry pick things and compare overall.The best way to compare is growth rate of different states and then we will come to other things like Education,Health e.tc.,Agree??

Bad comparison,We were Hit by sanctions in 1999 which resulted in low growth rates and it was NDA regime which brought policies to project India into a high growth trajectory.UPA just messed all the things and brought infinite corruption,incumbency,policy paralyisis,directionless foreign policy and a lot of other things.

A better comparison would be to compare BJP ruled states and Congressi ruled states.

Beside that you should have posted this in sticky thread.

NDA created a situation for itself to win an election without thinking how India is going to be impacted economically; so India paid a price for political benefit to BJP.
I do not think there is any other bigger economic calamity than the back to back recessions that UPA successfully dealt with by giving impressive Growth figures in the history of India.

@pt1982 lets not cherry pick things and compare overall.The best way to compare is growth rate of different states and then we will come to other things like Education,Health e.tc.,Agree??
I am not cherry picking. I am busting two biggest myth that Gujrat model:

Can handle inflation
Can lead in manufacturing
here I am giving how it falters in bringing in FDI too:
macro4.png

And I know, you wont discuss Gujrat's performance in social sector indices, would you? :)

BJP done great job in 1998
You are comparing GDP's than compare last 3 years GDP also in it.
The UPA just got profit of BJP work in last 10 years.
Yes BJP project were long term
Atal Bihari Vajpayee start project named Pradhan Mantri Garam Sadak Yojna, thats why now nearly in every village of India has roads. But in last ten years UPA is not even able to repair them.
UPA is the most corrupt party in India.
AK Antony is our Defense Minister what is know about Defense
P.C is our Finance Minister :D he was lawyer back in time... WTF he can do with Finance..

You are comparing GDP's than compare last 3 years GDP also in it.
The UPA just got profit of BJP work in last 10 years.
Yes BJP project were long term
Atal Bihari Vajpayee start project named Pradhan Mantri Garam Sadak Yojna, thats why now nearly in every village of India has roads. But in last ten years UPA is not even able to repair them.
P.C is our Finance Minister :D he was lawyer back in time... WTF he can do with Finance..

I have included all the years GDP....that is why it has come down to 7.6% across whole of UPA.
I do not subscribe to the idea. What kind of policy NDA brought that only can affect country after 6 years of NDA. Kindly elaborate.

Congress did not abandon the PMGSY. It built upon the good work and built 2.81 lakh KM of rural roads which was 4/5 times more what NDA built.

Look at the investment pattern in infrastructure. During NDA all the investment were by Public, very less private investment. During UPA most new investment was brought in by Pvt. sector. What does it say?
Do not say that NDA was dreaming and UPA reaped the benefit. :)

macro5.png

I do not know about that. But, I know that Babula Bokhariya with three years of conviction still sits pretty under the shadow of MONA. Is that an example of Honesty?

In 2G no Congress guy has been charged.
In case of Adarsh BJP MP Sancheti is booked for owning 8 benami flats
So called coalgate MONA, Raman Singh were lobbying for pvt players. (I don not see this as corruption. but as you think it is corruption, I have to point it out)

Regarding Antony and his experience in defense, yes he is a failure as he was not as trained as Fernadese to blow bridges as terrorists.

PC is the best thing to happen to India. I always wanted him to be the PM, but he chose to retire from electoral politics.

Last edited:
Wasn't it the congress person who inacted the reforms?

I have included all the years GDP....that is why it has come down to 7.6% across whole of UPA.
I do not subscribe to the idea. What kind of policy NDA brought that only can affect country after 6 years of NDA. Kindly elaborate.
slide-2-638.jpg

slide-4-638.jpg

slide-7-638.jpg

slide-9-638.jpg

slide-10-638.jpg

slide-12-638.jpg

slide-13-638.jpg

slide-14-638.jpg

slide-18-638.jpg

slide-20-638.jpg

I think this are enough for you..
As you can see in graph that in 2004 when NDA left the Center everything was increasing fast but in UPA government after 2004 everything is decreasing fast.... Examine all this pictures :)

And I think this article will help you to understand more Click here

Last edited:
slide-4-638.jpg

I think this are enough for you..
As you can see in graph that in 2004 when NDA left the Center everything was increasing fast but in UPA government after 2004 everything is decreasing fast.... Examine all this pictures :)

And I think this article will help you to understand more Click here

One by one... :)

Did not understand the red slant! I think it is saying "I am lying." India has seen deceleration in last two years and has anybody denied that? Learn how to draw line.

Back
Top Bottom