What's new

The Struggle for Self-Reliance in the PAF

Furthermore,

Pakistan Self Reliance initiative , has given us many classified technologies perhaps its not fair to mention on public thread
but we are already working on Advance Radars, AWAC research and various means to enhance our Missiles range and performance

PAF+ZDK-03+AWACS+Karakoram+Eagle.jpg

We are taking part in developing next generation of AWAC platforms

And future promises much more ,

J+11+fighter+in+Pakistan+.jpg

j-11b-chinese-version.jpg

and not to forget ...
attachment.php

You keep saying we are strugging and we will keep on Rolling , and when J11 is flying with Pakistani colors , I am sure , media will still be publishing about how US sanctioned us in 70s

Mash'Allah all these projects are good.

However I believe Pakistan can reach ever-new heights if we work with Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Brunei.

We can band together and make indigenous Tanks, Planes, and Ships.

I'm sure we can allocate money for this.

Maybe this discussion should come up in the OIC.

Last edited by a moderator:

However I believe Pakistan can reach ever-new heights if we work with Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Brunei.

And these people are least interested.. they openly declared that they prefer products from Western countries or Russia.
Because money talks and they want better than we can give.
the OIC is lip service 3 days lunch..
it has little place for actual movement or discussion of any issues now.

And these people are least interested.. they openly declared that they prefer products from Western countries or Russia.

I know that. But I'm just saying if invested in some serious project for just "5 years" I'm sure something good will come out of it.

Lol thats why we are so behind. Because we keep buying stuff from other countries. How can we advance if we don't make stuff ourselves. Buying stuff from USA is type of cursed imperialism in itself.

I know that. But I'm just saying if invested in some serious project for just "5 years" I'm sure something good will come out of it.

Lol thats why we are so behind. Because we keep buying stuff from other countries. How can we advance if we don't make stuff ourselves. Buying stuff from USA is type of cursed imperialism in itself.

Pakistan is doing more than anyone expect in term of military achievements and capabilities in cooperation with Saudi Arabia. I know mods here will not hesitate a min so let me be quiet and keep what I know to my self. Indians will go WTF:blink::D

We are behind cause some in pakistan still think that we should work with Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait,after all what their Money has done to pakistan they want More.Till those people wake up we are In full reverse like it or not.

We are behind cause some in pakistan still think that we should work with Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait,after all what their Money has done to pakistan they want More.Till those people wake up we are In full reverse like it or not.

Do you even bother to read. The latest I can get. September 19th, 2012.

SLAMABAD: Al-Qarnain Group of Saudi Arabia has said it is planning to invest $1 billion in the areas of energy, construction, hospitality and automobiles in Pakistan over the medium term.
Group’s Chief Executive Officer Eyad Al-Baaj, in a meeting with officials of the Board of Investment (BOI), apprised the Pakistani authorities of their investment plans, according to an announcement made by BOI here on Tuesday.
He discussed with BOI Chairman Saleem H Mandviwalla and Secretary Shaikh Anjum Bashir investment opportunities in various sectors of mutual interests of Saudi Arabia and Pakistan.
Al-Baaj said the group would invest $400 million in the first couple of years and increase the investment to over $1 billion in five years. These funds would become part of foreign direct investment in Pakistan and the group was interested in investing in energy, building and construction, hotel and automobile sectors, he added.
“The group is also entering into joint venture with Pakistani cement company Dandore. Current capacity of Dandore is 350 tons a day, which will be enhanced up to 7,500 tons,” he said.
The CEO stressed that the group was aware of the energy problems in Pakistan and was interested in constructing independent power plants with production capacity of 150 to 200 megawatts. The group is also keen on producing solar panels, their installation and back-up services to consumers.
Al-Qarnain, which is one of the biggest construction groups of Saudi Arabia, has also submitted proposals for construction of low-cost housing schemes in Pakistan.
In the automobile sector, the group plans to establish a state-of-the-art assembly plant for heavy trucks and buses with a comprehensive licence from Belarus. The CEO hopes that the plant will meet domestic demand, but its main target is to export vehicles to Gulf states, African countries and other buyers around the globe.
Published in The Express Tribune, September 19th, 2012.

Add to that GCC-Pakistan free trade agreement that was signed recently. The saudi government has previously pledge to stand by Pakistan to over come its energy crisis.

Do you even bother to read. The latest I can get. September 19th, 2012.

Add to that GCC-Pakistan free trade agreement that was signed recently. The saudi government has previously pledge to stand by Pakistan to over come its energy crisis.

This is all good news. Our leaders need to get together, and we need to lessen our dependence on western powers as much as possible, we need to wean ourselves from them.

KAUST a world-class university in Thuwal Saudi Arabia.

Even Teacher Assistants at my University in Canada know about it.

KAUST does live up to its reputation.

We Muslims need economic, technological, cultural, and political independence from foreign powers.

We have a very strong religious culture. This is the most important thing.

We also need a strong creative culture.

Like create alternatives to Microsoft(American), Ferrari(Italian), Nintendo(Japan).

We need our own alternative brands. We need make our creative culture. Make our own alternative fashion.

We Pakistanis are good that. At least we have Shalwar Kameez.

And the Reality is, India is getting Closer to China ( Check Naval and Air Power Projection in Real Terms , by 2020 ) , while Pakistan is Facing Huge Huge Shortage of Funds,being the main cause of the ruins of PAF/PN .

Having said this, one may observe factually that India is Almost Spending $60-80 Billion Annualy, and the Important Factor is the % Increase in recent Years.

Brother AzadPakistan, When, you Gonna Face an Indian Nuclear Sub or an Air Craft Carrier or a Stealth Fighter ( Not Just Planned BUT BUT BUT....All Three within 3 Years of Reach ) , You cant Say Im satified.. we doing gr8.... Blah Blah Blah..... It wont Work. To Conclude. Wake Up b4 its Too Late.

Interesting and as always an arrogant post from the Indian community (sadly).
1: You are NOT getting close to China. Nor you will. You will be just a thorn in China's neck as the masters in the West planned it. The purpose was to turn India into a regional power. Not the US. Trust me and you'll see it happening in the five years. A play card is a play card...some are important and some are not. India is a high value one due to China!

2: India is spending $ 60-80 billion to bring its military up to speed to 2012 from old Russian formats. This isn't R&D money. Second, you also have 9 times more area to cover and defend than Pakistan. I wouldn't be flaunting it as its shameful that you are acting ballsy to a neighbor 9 times lesser than you in size...BUT keeps you in check. Not sure I should smile here or not.
The $ 60-80 billion is essentially to make sure China doesn't just walk in one day and have lunch a few hundred miles from the Center of India. For Pakistan, if this was a conventional game, you would've done fine with even $ 20 billion.

3: When you use threats like Nuclear Sub, Ballistic Missiles, Stealth Jets, etc.....do you really forget that Pakistan has never disappointed you in the past? Whatever you guys came up with over seven decades......they got something to counter it. Even in less quantity but they did EACH and EVERY time.
So...realize you'll be facing a stealth jet, ballistic missiles that may travel faster than the air defense systems you may have and either full nuclear sub or a few 'converted' ones.

Knowing ALL this....I would try to tone down the rhetoric and drink some tea to calm down. The end game is dangerous for hundreds of millions of humans on each side, who could care less about your macho military post as they are poor and they need a better life for them and for their kids. This hate, macho man drama doesn't suit the South Asia where literally around a billion people live below standard of what should be a normal healthy life!!!.....so talk Peace and give each other some respect to build trust. PEACE is the ONLY stabilizing act in the case of India and Pakistan.

Interesting and as always an arrogant post from the Indian community (sadly).
1: You are NOT getting close to China. Nor you will. You will be just a thorn in China's neck as the masters in the West planned it. The purpose was to turn India into a regional power. Not the US. Trust me and you'll see it happening in the five years. A play card is a play card...some are important and some are not. India is a high value one due to China!

2: India is spending $ 60-80 billion to bring its military up to speed to 2012 from old Russian formats. This isn't R&D money. Second, you also have 9 times more area to cover and defend than Pakistan. I wouldn't be flaunting it as its shameful that you are acting ballsy to a neighbor 9 times lesser than you in size...BUT keeps you in check. Not sure I should smile here or not.
The $ 60-80 billion is essentially to make sure China doesn't just walk in one day and have lunch a few hundred miles from the Center of India. For Pakistan, if this was a conventional game, you would've done fine with even $ 20 billion.

3: When you use threats like Nuclear Sub, Ballistic Missiles, Stealth Jets, etc.....do you really forget that Pakistan has never disappointed you in the past? Whatever you guys came up with over seven decades......they got something to counter it. Even in less quantity but they did EACH and EVERY time.
So...realize you'll be facing a stealth jet, ballistic missiles that may travel faster than the air defense systems you may have and either full nuclear sub or a few 'converted' ones.

Knowing ALL this....I would try to tone down the rhetoric and drink some tea to calm down. The end game is dangerous for hundreds of millions of humans on each side, who could care less about your macho military post as they are poor and they need a better life for them and for their kids. This hate, macho man drama doesn't suit the South Asia where literally around a billion people live below standard of what should be a normal healthy life!!!.....so talk Peace and give each other some respect to build trust. PEACE is the ONLY stabilizing act in the case of India and Pakistan.

You understand here that Pakistan spends much more on its military as a percentage of GDP as compared to India?
You also realize that there are social implications for that?

We plan what to do with the money we have within the band of spending we are comfortable with. Pakistan is straining itself to keep the kind of funding it has with its military. There is a reason we are spending much more than them on Infrastructure - both economic and social. We are not a military state that Pakistan is.

As a matter of fact, it is something satisfactory to note that India spends lesser than both Pakistan and China as a percentage on its defence and is still able to keep up with deterrence levels.

This difference in spending on other sectors is already starting to show the differences b/w India and Pakistan both economically and socially and will only show further diverging trends in a decade.

Pakistan has bankrupted itself in trying to 'keep India in check' and there are consequences of decisions that Pakistan has chosen as a nation. I dont know whether to smile here or not.

Lastly India is less than 3.something times Pakistan's size. Not sure how you manufacture your own facts at convenience.

pakistan is a very highly capable nation but lack of skilled human resources and political support taking them backward. without these two basic support they trying to manage somewhat equal to their neighbours. once they get skilled professioners/technicians with political support it will be hard for any nation to takeover them (but this logic goes to all nation not only for pak bro)

I think there is no join future for Memeber's of OIC
most gulf countries get their orders from Washington

Only independent Muslim countries in world are

Turkey
Iran
Egypt/Pakistan (Heavily influenced not fully but heavily)

Saudia- Qhatar - BAhrain - UAE - KUWAIT , these are all warlord states , rulers are assigned

I understand your frustration my dear but no we can’t fit a a chinese engine on an f16. American engines are highly superior in terms of life cycle and very compact in size. The dimensions, power to weight ration, service life. It just wouldn’t ever work.
F16 airframe parts are of different metallurgical composition, which is usually a secret and reverse engineering it will never give the exact composition. So no what are your saying is a no go.

Airplanes require exact parts even down to the nut and bolts. Copies never work and almost certainly cause mishaps. They’re not Toyota Corolla where you have an option of installing Kabuli, Thai made and local part instead of OEM.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom