What's new

The Story of Pakola

Pakola was the creation of seven brothers from the Teli family of Dhoraji in India who migrated to Pakistan in 1947. The idea of Pakola came from its founder Haji Ali Mohammad, who dreamed of developing a drink that portrayed the true reflection and taste of Pakistan. In order to pursue his dream, Haji Ali Mohammad opened a small factory with only two machines at Lawrence Road in Karachi with Pakola Ice-cream Soda being the initial product.

The drink was launched at Pakistan Air Force Base on the anniversary of Pakistan's Independence, 14 August 1950, in the presence of the first Prime Minister, Liaquat Ali Khan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakola

Green, white, and best served chilled, Pakola Icecream Soda has stood the test of time to become Pakistan’s most iconic drink.
Watch our #14thAugust report as we chart out Pakola’s cultural history to celebrate 73 years of Pakistan, and its favourite drink.
Strange,
I have been living in Pakistan for the last couple of years and I still haven't drunk this Pakola.
Sad me.

Green, white, and best served chilled, Pakola Icecream Soda has stood the test of time to become Pakistan’s most iconic drink.
Watch our #14thAugust report as we chart out Pakola’s cultural history to celebrate 73 years of Pakistan, and its favourite drink.

Thanks for the share.

Miss visiting Pakistan and miss the taste of Pakola! On another note, once I was helping an American family friend with one of his side businesses of selling Swati hats "called Pakuls" and a Pakistani Christian got really upset with me, he claimed me using the term "Pakul" is an insult and relates to calling Pakistanis "Pakis". I tried but couldn't succeed in explaining to him that this is what the hats are actually called in Swat!

300px-1st_bottle.jpg

Pakola my favourite icecream soda! I get cans whenever I visit, have not found them in my local Pakistani stores here in forever.

94397672_10151496671294984_6477844914787844096_o.png

Pakola, derived from Pakistan-Cola, is a line of flavored carbonated soft drinks from Pakistan.Pakolas famous catchphrase in the 80’s was created by a British resident from Lewisham called Furqan Siddiqui. It went ‘My lola, my lola, drink some Pakola’.

Flavor: Ice-cream Soda
Introduced: August 14, 1950
Color: Green
Country of origin: Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom