What's new

The secular nature of a hindu

US me bhi "electoral college" ka lafda chlda h, bc

wtf if up with this simpleton commie style BS, which does not even qualify for logic (unless cxmaar dumb quota applied)

if fact it falls short even with full quotakhori salvo fired lol

I suspect you know very little about how first-past-the-post electoral politics works. If you educate yourself before making sweeping statements, it would help.

For starters, consider the fact that with only 36% of the electoral vote, the BJP and its allies have an overwhelming majority in the Lok Sabha.

Consider also the fact that Muslims are scattered all over, and are often a vote-winning section in a given constituency.

Things might become clearer. The possibility cannot be ruled out.
You think one of the two major political parties in India not fielding any Muslim candidates had nothing to do with this?

Nothing is more sacred than human life. Human life first. Trump says we are Americans, so America first. Similarly, we are humans, so humanity first. But, Hindus lynch and murder human beings for the sake of cows.
Muslims lynch and murder human beings over accusations of blasphemy.

When did you return? And where you been?
A week or so ago.

I had not been well. Now I sneak away and post on a tablet gifted to me by jbgt90.

How are you?
You think one of the two major political parties in India not fielding any Muslim candidates had nothing to do with this?

Why would anyone field Muslim candidates where there was no obvious electoral arithmetic favouring them?

Why would anyone field Muslim candidates where there was no obvious electoral arithmetic favouring them?
Why would this be the case? Do Hindus in particular areas simply not vote for Muslims?

Why would this be the case? Do Hindus in particular areas simply not vote for Muslims?
No, not that.

Parties choose Lingayats, not any other Hindu, in a Lingayat rich constituency. In the north, the Yadavs are notorious for hanging together, even more, much more, than the Jats, the Gujjars, the Rajputs, or the Kurmis. That fragmentation and selection based on fragments goes on all over.

So when any party goes shopping for candidates, they take the composition of the constituency into account.

This lady won in a Muslim-minority constituency, because of the respect that she had earned, and because of the backing of her party [Disclaimer - I am NOT a Congress supporter].

Parties choose Lingayats, not any other Hindu, in a Lingayat rich constituency. In the north, the Yadavs are notorious for hanging together, even more, much more, than the Jats, the Gujjars, the Rajputs, or the Kurmis. That fragmentation and selection based on fragments goes on all over.
So how has Muslim representation in Indian Parliament diminished over time in India? Are communities now just happening to start voting their own (probably not)? Are political parties now just happening to start considering the demographics of constituencies (probably not)?

A week or so ago.

I had not been well. Now I sneak away and post on a tablet gifted to me by jbgt90.

How are you?
You got introduced to jbgt90 even before PDF or did you get to know each other only after PDF?

To be clear, I'm referring to the state apparatus in Sikh states.
That was not true, to the best of my knowledge. You may have heard of the intervention of Patiala state forces in Jammu; I had it confirmed recently by two sources, a solid ex-Army officer, and a KP. But I am not aware of such intervention in other areas.

On the other hand, in terms of Penderel Moon's testimony in his memoirs, the state forces in Bahawalpur did take sides and caused havoc.

If I find subsequently that state forces in the Punjab were responsible for anti-Muslim action, I will write and acknowledge that.

In the Punjab, Malerkotla was held to be safe haven and nobody went near it, due to the historical action of the Nawab in giving succour to the family of the 10th Guru, when the entire Mughal state apparatus was hunting them down.

So how has Muslim representation in Indian Parliament diminished over time in India? Are communities now just happening to start voting their own (probably not)? Are political parties now just happening to start considering the demographics of constituencies (probably not)?
No, it is due to the BJP refusing to grant Muslims a disproportionate share of candidacy, that the Congress had done, and that the Samajwadi Party (for its own, very narrow interests) tried to do.

Considering the caste demographics became particularly acute after V. P. Singh's disastrous administration, and his instituting the Mandal Commission to identify communities, and their need for special reverse discrimination.

Back
Top Bottom