What's new

The scrap puzzle. US desperate for a buyer of its excess equipment in Afgha

What free stuff? Either they will pay to ship it out, or we will pay as they force this stuff upon us and charge our CSF accounts.

Somebody will pay, one way or another.

Well, lets say you simply put out a commercial tender for an MRAP. How much would you end up paying per vehicle? As compared to what you pay - or perhaps can be given in aid, sinc this is surplus military equipment - when you get some out of the A-stan pool. Of you've read any of the articles, you would know give away's or aid could also be an option.

NOBODY IS FORCING YOU TO TAKE ANYTHING!

YOU ASKED ABOUT 'WHAT THE ISSUE IS', the issue is 'opportunity'. Don't pretend like someone is forcing military equipment down your throat... (poor attitude!)

Well, lets say you simply put out a commercial tender for an MRAP. How much would you end up paying per vehicle? As compared to what you pay - or perhaps can be given in aid, sinc this is surplus military equipment - when you get some out of the A-stan pool.

NOBODY IS FORCING YOU TO TAKE ANYTHING. GET A LIFE!

Well, considering that we were arm-twisted into joining the war on terror, what's a few piles of old used up crap to dump on us while charging us for it? This is the life we are already living, or do you disagree with that?

Well, considering that we were arm-twisted into joining the war on terror, what's a few piles of old used up crap to dump on us while charging us for it? This is the life we are already living, or do you disagree with that?

1. it is not a few piles
2. it is not used up crap (if you bother seriously look at the issue)
3. nobody is dumping on you (it is simply sitting there)
4. no one is as yet charging

Yes , I disagree with that. I see only attitude (oh poor victims that you are!) and no substance.

1. it is not a few piles
2. it is not used up crap (if you bother seriously look at the issue)
3. nobody is dumping on you (it is simply sitting there)
4. no one is as yet charging

Yes , I disagree with that. I see only attitude and no substance.

So let us disagree until we know what the decision makers on both sides decide about the equipment and its ultimate disposition.

What's another $6 billion after the hundreds of billions already spent? What seems to be the issue here?

First of all scrap never costs millions.. its value is determined by its shipping cost to nearest processing facility.
As we know scrap from Russian war is rusting in Afghanistan without any reprocessing.. simply because fuel cost more than its value.
Therefore, US scrap in Afghanistan.. have negative value.

Secondly, every thing US has ever tried to pass Pakistan, in the name of EDA is either returned or thrown away by Pakarmy.

Perhaps, US shall consider passing its equipment to northern alliance.. may be they can make it to work.

People who ask for US equipment need to wakeup to reality or ask ISPR.

Pakistan army is spending money and resources to make inspection reports of the US scrap... this must end.

Just hand it over to the Taliban. Their probably gonna get it anyway once the americans leave.
The Karzai gov and afghan national army will be selling their own boots once the americans leave, thats how corrupt they are.
You can see the black turbans with rpg,s and ak-47 sat all over them humvees lol.
The russians left so much behind, that it,s still being used by the taliban.

I will buy one of their Land Cruisers?

It's a Toyota but the US probably got a few, more than a few.

Back
Top Bottom