What's new

The sad tale of the LCA

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is simple. 3rd generation or any other generation, a country making an aircraft is a big achievement. Iran has gained at least a step that will make them self-sufficient. Getting shot down is another issue, so leave that aside.

LCA has mixed opinions. Some Indians have admitted that it is not entirely 'Indian', while some suggest that it will be when it finally starts production. How do i personally view it? Well its certainly in the JF-17, M2K, Mig-29, and F-16A group for now. However, the longer they delay, the more problems they would face to keep up with day to day changes in modern technology. Oh and BTW, keep in mind that they have designed it a way that will not be capable of seeing improvements. Something needs to be done about that as well...
Mk2 will be real answer now, no more delays. Mk2 with Amca will prove to the world that India wont back down.

lemme give you an example. When Hal started developing dhruv, first Indian helicopter, they asked Germany for help in design, and every avionic in the copter were foreign. And it took almost 25 yrs to get it to mass production. So it is clear getting more foreign consultants and designers doesn't make things fast.

Now come to hal lch. Over all designing started in 1999, without any money from govt. Project got sanctioned in 2007, and first flight in 2010. Indian Airforce Chief said, " I am proud of this machine". It can hit production in 2 yrs from now. Same with Luh, it will take flight in year from now. Its a proof that after gaining experience India has always been quick. We need to build capabilities in house, that is the secret. Its a slow and steady process.

No country in the world prefers an entire strike force with dual engines , That is why Tejas should be inducted as Point Defence Interceptors

Thinking beyond 2020, no such thing would be valuable enough for IAF to acquire LCA to perform just one task. Even though, a downgraded version can be kept in service for pilot training in the future for fighter conversion courses.

Mk2 will be real answer now, no more delays. Mk2 with Amca will prove to the world that India wont back down.

lemme give you an example. When Hal started developing dhruv, first Indian helicopter, they asked Germany for help in design, and every avionic in the copter were foreign. And it took almost 25 yrs to get it to mass production. So it is clear getting more foreign consultants and designers doesn't make things fast.

Now come to hal lch. Over all designing started in 1999, without any money from govt. Project got sanctioned in 2007, and first flight in 2010. Indian Airforce Chief said, " I am proud of this machine". It can hit production in 2 yrs from now. Same with Luh, it will take flight in year from now. Its a proof that after gaining experience India has always been quick. We need to build capabilities in house, that is the secret. Its a slow and steady process.

There are some real issues facing Indian aviation industry. Speaking of 5th generation fighters, they are an entire different breed of air craft. Chinese's 5th generation air craft are being built according to so called 5S Standards. [Stealth,Super cruise,Sensor fusion,Super maneuverability, Survivability ]. For India to develop AMCA, it will be a very tough call as India at the moment has little technical capability to design and develop a 5th generation air craft. Therefore, i can predict that at some stage AMCA will have another partner. Jet making is no easy game, otherwise everyone would be doing it, making 5th generation air craft is a whole new avenue specially for countries with no track record in aviation technologies like India.

For AMCA, India lacks in the areas of Domestic Propulsion Systems [High thrust, high tech,Engines that could super cruise], Metallurgy, electronics, avionics, electronic intelligence and warfare equipment, AESA radar, IFR probes, ejection seats, domestic 5th generation armaments. That is a huge gap that India has to bridge, and it can only if the attention is paid to a single project & not legs stuck in two boats.

Well right now , Tejas needs to be certified again ... What happens in future is speculation ... I can understand the optimism though but the aircraft must be inducted first ...

I can't Understand whats the Matter of Talk here ........... LCA was made to meet requirement of IAF in war like Kargil and i since think LCA do much good then its competitor like JF-17 can do in Sky . So, for me its Induction in 2015 or near by would be a good thing for IAF .. :) :)

and secondly my comments are not off-topics :P

Can anyone tell me why does the aircraft need a second IOC because I haven't of this thing in any aircraft project ? Why does it need to be certified again when it should have got the FOC ?

Paint Off on Surface

20121012100201895.jpg

20121012100213543.jpg

Thinking beyond 2020, no such thing would be valuable enough for IAF to acquire LCA to perform just one task. Even though, a downgraded version can be kept in service for pilot training in the future for fighter conversion courses.

Do not forget the CAS missions. I do not think all CAS aircraft/Unmanned drones will operate under full air superiority in most of the war. Can't send expensive MKI, Rafale for CAS missions. Need a low cost decent multi role jets for such missions.

Can anyone tell me why does the aircraft need a second IOC because I haven't of this thing in any aircraft project ? Why does it need to be certified again when it should have got the FOC ?

Second IOC (IOC-2) of Tejas is for Fire Power Demonstration

India's indigenous Light Combat Aircraft Tejas will be put to play in its first ever combat exercise in February 2013. The IAF's Iron Fist exercise over Rajasthan's Pokhran range will see a pair of Tejas limited series production fighters fly, drop bombs and perhaps fire weapons alongside IAF Su-30s, Mirage-2000s and MiG-21s. The type is scheduled to achieve the second phase of its troubled initial operational clearance (IOC-2) by September 2013.

Request to all of my Pakistani brothers here:

Dear we should be very glad of Indian achievements in making a 4.5 generation multi role LCA. We should not express our sympathies on loss of Indian tax payers money. I remember i was in class 3 may be when i first heard about these mind blowing projects of LCA and Arjun. Hmm now my kid is in class 3;)

No big deal 2012 bhi guzar gya aur 2020 bhi guzar jaye ga.

Best of luck to Indians..

I remember i was in class 3 may be when i first heard about these mind blowing projects of LCA and Arjun. Hmm now my kid is in class 3;)

Best of luck to Indians..

Its interesting .. i learned about these only a few years maybe 5 years back.

Are our industries part of ur curriculum?

or you have been using internet during ur 3rd class or has been reading defence news in newspapers since then...

India lags far behind in reporting defence news...still most news are in online sources...

Thanks for the information. It was indeed interesting.

or you have been using internet during ur 3rd class or has been reading defence news in newspapers since then...

India lags far behind in reporting defence news...still most news are in online sources...

LMAO :rofl:

Pakistanis use time machine and travel in advance :rofl:

Yes dear it was in 1990. Urdu newspaper Daily Jang. Special publication regarding Air force Day.
A detailed article about Pakistan Indian Air Forces. In that article i first read about LCA.
Not to mention in that same article i read about K-8 jet trainer JV with Pakistan.

Now compare K8 and also LCA project..:pdf:

Yes dear it was in 1990. Urdu newspaper Daily Jang. Special publication regarding Air force Day.
A detailed article about Pakistan Indian Air Forces. In that article i first read about LCA.
Not to mention in that same article i read about K-8 jet trainer JV with Pakistan.

Now compare K8 and also LCA project..:pdf:

The design was finalised in 1990 and u read it in jang..

Some gr8 junk u are reading.. That too in 3rd class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom