What's new

The Rise And Fall Of America's Favorite Junk Foods

This doesn't necessarily qualify as a snack, as it's not edible.

But I'd still like to get a taste of the Mighty B-21 bomber that so many here are triggered by

Maybe I can get a scale chocolate edible one

Too salty. Try triscuits instead (yes it has salt too)
91GclAKfk5L.jpg

Peanut butter cups always the safe win

Wheat Thin is too salty?? Then you should never try shapes.

515173.jpg

As you see the motto (on the biscut at the lower right corner of the box) said "It's flavour you can see".... You can actually see the seasoning on each of the biscuit. I mean I don't think they have shapes in the US tho, probably for the right reason...

As for peanut butter cup, yes, that's a go to snack like McDonald is the go to fast food, I mean, when in doubt, go with Resse's PB Cup....

You can find TimTams here. They are pretty good.

Not the selection you have in Australia.

be73148974c670027b8d26d8afb5a8c6.jpg

There are like 20 different favours of Tim Tam in the 2 local supermarket, it got so ridiculous the two-supermarket chain (Coles and Woolworths) both have their unique favour of Tim Tims. So for the Tim Tam fanatic out there, you are going to need to shop in both supermarket if you want to complete the entire Tim Tams Collections.....

Plain biscuits are not very popular in the US. Everything has to be covered in something else...like chocolate.

Well, here in Australia the government have a rule that snack and confessionary company to offer "Healthier" alternative and just can't shove sugar into people mouth, so the company who make the chocolate covered snack will need to make something like crackers, milk arrowroots and so on and put it on the shelves.

I think we are use to an overly fat based diet, to enhance the taste, which is why non-western snacks don’t quite do it for many of us.
Well, they both have their pros and cons I guess.

American snack are more flavor based, everything is rich on something, South Korean snake are more balanced, i mean, i dont think I have ever seen anything in Asian snack isle are double choc or double stuffed. I don't know is it because of general taste or by design

Wheat Thin is too salty?? Then you should never try shapes.

View attachment 1003671

As you see the motto (on the biscut at the lower right corner of the box) said "It's flavour you can see".... You can actually see the seasoning on each of the biscuit. I mean I don't think they have shapes in the US tho, probably for the right reason...

As for peanut butter cup, yes, that's a go to snack like McDonald is the go to fast food, I mean, when in doubt, go with Resse's PB Cup....

Not the selection you have in Australia.

View attachment 1003733

There are like 20 different favours of Tim Tam in the 2 local supermarket, it got so ridiculous the two-supermarket chain (Coles and Woolworths) both have their unique favour of Tim Tims. So for the Tim Tam fanatic out there, you are going to need to shop in both supermarket if you want to complete the entire Tim Tams Collections.....

Well, here in Australia the government have a rule that snack and confessionary company to offer "Healthier" alternative and just can't shove sugar into people mouth, so the company who make the chocolate covered snack will need to make something like crackers, milk arrowroots and so on and put it on the shelves.

Well, they both have their pros and cons I guess.

American snack are more flavor based, everything is rich on something, South Korean snake are more balanced, i mean, i dont think I have ever seen anything in Asian snack isle are double choc or double stuffed. I don't know is it because of general taste or by design

Hate to burst a bubble, but there is a debate on whether Timtams are halal:

"Is Tim Tam halal? No. Tim Tam original biscuits from Australia contains 0,05% alcohol and carmine dye (E210) are not halal suitable. Tim Tam biscuits from Indonesia are halal safe."

Hate to burst a bubble, but there is a debate on whether Timtams are halal:

"Is Tim Tam halal? No. Tim Tam original biscuits from Australia contains 0,05% alcohol and carmine dye (E210) are not halal suitable. Tim Tam biscuits from Indonesia are halal safe."

I don't think Tim Tam at any point claim they are Halal, and we all know they contain Alcohol product, some are even straight up Alcohol (like Kahlua and Tia Maria) version, they need to get special Permission IIRC to sell those in supermarket because they are not allow to sell Alcohol content in it.

And we actually use it as a straw,,,,,,,,,

Okay now I'm getting hungry with these images so I'm going to go grab a snack.

Me too! Hahaha

Well, the title of the thread should be changed to "The Rerise of Junk Foods".

Me too! Hahaha

Well, the title of the thread should be changed to "The Rerise of Junk Foods".

True! True! Junk food will never go away. I acknowledge that I try to eat less, but sometimes I get sucked back in haha

Well... Junk food is not dangerous.

It's just way too delicious!!!

That's why we eat more and unstoppable.

Anything that is over consumed is always bad, even the healthiest food.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom