What's new

The Religion of Secularism

Buddy, I have no problem with being religious or not, being this religious or that religious. I respect them all.

I do have some problem to do guess-work on God.

Tell me how could a mere human being can guess this is God’s pleasure and that is not god’s pleasure?

GW Bush (and others) believes sending troops to Af, Iraq is a crusade, obviously to make God please. But people of Iraq, the sons and daughters of Americans are suffering. Are consequent sufferings also serve the pleasure of God? Similar version goes to Muslim extremists who plotted and conducted 911, etc.

Quite often, God’s pleasure on one side of human being can be God’s hatred on the other side of human being.

So, live and let live as human being, and unpretendingly, that’s the basic morality.

Comparing Muslim extremists to what the rest of the Muslims (a quarter of the world) believe is not very relevant. The Qur'an tells of what is for God's pleasure... it says that if someone kills an innocent person, it is as if he has killed the whole of humanity... now you tell me- what do these terrorists do?

Regarding about America. I'm not american and hence not familiar with the religiosity there. But I'm guessing that the government used religion to justify the war. I mean, that would make it the 'right' thing to do, won't it? Your soldiers fight a war for nothing, our people die for nothing. Now, tell me- does the bible instruct this, or does the elite of the country say this? There is a clear difference. This is why we spit at the extremists saying that they are killing innocents because that was the order of God- we know it wasn't!

Religion is great, but is sometimes misused.

i cant get this, how secular is causing black vs white, rich vs poor etc? on the other hand, wherever religion is politicized, things go wrong. keep religion on personal level and things will be fine.

Religion can be too powerful a tool, for those at helm and ingenious enough to use it accordingly, for good or bad.

LOL, calling secularism a religion is like saying Tom is addicted to heroin, Dick is addicted to cocaine, but Harry doesn't do drugs, so he's addicted to abstinence :lol:

LOL, calling secularism a religion is like saying Tom is addicted to heroin, Dick is addicted to cocaine, but Harry doesn't do drugs, so he's addicted to abstinence :lol:

you are totally wrong, if abstinence has the same properties and effects as cocaine and heroin than only we can say that harry is addicted to abstinence not in other case...

Secularism contains almost the same effects and properties as religion has...

Comparing Muslim extremists to what the rest of the Muslims (a quarter of the world) believe is not very relevant. The Qur'an tells of what is for God's pleasure... it says that if someone kills an innocent person, it is as if he has killed the whole of humanity... now you tell me- what do these terrorists do?

Regarding about America. I'm not american and hence not familiar with the religiosity there. But I'm guessing that the government used religion to justify the war. I mean, that would make it the 'right' thing to do, won't it? Your soldiers fight a war for nothing, our people die for nothing. Now, tell me- does the bible instruct this, or does the elite of the country say this? There is a clear difference. This is why we spit at the extremists saying that they are killing innocents because that was the order of God- we know it wasn't!

Religion is great, but is sometimes misused.
Point of secularism is to avoid thinking that because some religious book teaches something than it must be right. Cutting a hand for theft or stoning someone is crazy if you don't look it through the eyes of a faithful.

you are totally wrong, if abstinence has the same properties and effects as cocaine and heroin than only we can say that harry is addicted to abstinence not in other case...

Secularism contains almost the same effects and properties as religion has...

No it does not. Secularism does not prescribe, secularism is just hygiene. What you do with it upto the people. In religion, the religion tells people what to do and mostly it can not be changed.

Infact secularism was invented because religion can not be changed, but then people also have different religions, creating a mess and conflict. Secularism says keep religion private and away from state.

Point of secularism is to avoid thinking that because some religious book teaches something than it must be right. Cutting a hand for theft or stoning someone is crazy if you don't look it through the eyes of a faithful.

What is wrong with harsh punishment? With harsh punishment, comes little crime.

I personally think the corrupt politicians should be punished according to religion- killed.

No it does not. Secularism does not prescribe, secularism is just hygiene. What you do with it upto the people. In religion, the religion tells people what to do and mostly it can not be changed.

Infact secularism was invented because religion can not be changed, but then people also have different religions, creating a mess and conflict. Secularism says keep religion private and away from state.

Dude... the least amount of secularism is in Muslim countries, and Islam has never changed. So I guess what you are saying is contradictory.

There are many points where secularism cannot be changed.. what about those?? :azn:

i cant get this, how secular is causing black vs white, rich vs poor etc? on the other hand, wherever religion is politicized, things go wrong. keep religion on personal level and things will be fine.

Religion should dictate laws. Give an example where 'things go wrong' in a place dictated by religion? No, I don't mean Afghanistan. That doesn't count as religion.

I guess definition of atheists say something else. Yea, you can say they are believers as well, but they believe in non-existence of God, they are the pessimist folks.

What load of BS! Going by your definition, absitnence is a form of ***, not doing collecting stamps is hobby etc etc etc

FTR the athiests also believe in the non existence of the flying teapot!

Atheists believe in the concept of "god",

HUH? :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall: Atheist believe in the concept of GOD? :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

or the power of nature, or a higher being. But they don't believe it is as synchronized and controlled as religious people do. They also scoff at the idea of the importance of earth and human life - we are just a speck of dust in this enormous universe.

We scoff at the notion that some higher power put us in this place to lord over it!

All humans believe in some kind of higher power.

Pseak for yourself

It is just that some choose to not let that overcome logical and rational thinking. Nothing wrong in citizens having "faith", but when states distinguish and discriminate on the basis of religion, you can have a serious problem.

FFS read up a bit about the topic you are posting about

Back
Top Bottom