What's new

The Real Story Behind the U.S.-India Nuclear Deal

War is a dirty thing. Agreed!

However I wish GoP would take a tougher stance on this "collateral damage" of the US's WoT. This is not the first time the US have been careless. I remember watching 'Ross Kemp in Afghanistan' where the Brits were taking heavy losses due to so called "air support" from the US. Incidents like this and many others simply begs the question?

Is it that their targeting technology is not as superior as they claim it to be or is it that they just don't care who they target?

A video entitled 'Collateral Murder' comes to mind. Here's a link.
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

lol, that video has been debunked many times. stop trying to throw the thread off.

Davis case is already showing who is puppet
And how Uncle Sam is playing arm twisting Pakistan

what ever the Real Story Behind the U.S.-India Nuclear Deal may be the truth is simply India need more nuclear power to support its development you know what in the recent election In TN the major loss for DMK was also due to restricted power access to industries and home in state due to power shortage. So what ever may be the secondary reason for the deal may be the primary is surely CIVILIAN POWER PROJECTS.

yes US blackmail Pakistan.A founding member of the Non-Aligned Movement and a traditional champion of "third world" countries at the U.N. and the World Trade Organization, gaining India as a collaborator rather than an adversary was not a stroke of genius by the Bush administration. It started under President Clinton, but could not be consummated because of India's nuclear tests in 1998.

India has many thorium reservoirs. U.S has naked eye on Indian thorium reservoirs.. That's why deal nuclear deal is done to use thorium for their nuclear power.

You give the good information about India-America nuclear deal.

Intersting comment xebex. I think India, Pakistan and China should join forces. It is a HUGE market.
"United we stand, devide we fall".---well put :)

sorry *divided we fall*. My fingers are too fat for my keyboard:chilli:

the deal is to about put china and pakistan in under presure,and to increase role of india in afganistan.

India America nuclear deal was one of the best deal for India.In USA many best visiting places for tour and travel.Miami is one of the best places in USA to visit.

Great, I'm glad my government is trying to engage democratic India. India is much more of a natural ally for the US than is China. I have never understood why the US and India did not form a stronger trading relationship until the past decade. I think that India was reluctant to be "re-colonized" and so its foreign investment rules were an impediment to forming joint companies with American companies. This agreement helps both countries to further develop joint commercial projects. This will actually benefit Indian workers more than American workers, but will eventually raise the prosperity of both countries.

The expression "re-colonized" that you used in your post is the apt one in this context. India is very wary of that phenomenon. As a matter of fact; the entire "Non-Aligned movement" was born out of that sentiment. The then Soviet Union having had a far better "sense of History" than the (successive) American Leaders; and were very sensitive to that sentiment and carefully calibrated their response/relationship with India and the NAM accordingly. While Uncle Sam full of "gung-ho" gusto persistently blustered and blundered its way around. USA's hobnobbing with its client-state Pakistan did not help at all either.

All that is seems to be getting re-set probably. But USA will do well to finally develop some "sense of History" if it hopes to gain some traction in this part of the world. The last American Leader to have probably had that sense; was FDR; he was the first (and some-what the last, save Kennedy probably) who could effectively don the mantle of a World Leader.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom