What's new

the Qibla

HK-47

Reaction score
nothing in Islam IMO is without controversy.you know I am sure how there were two Qiblas ,well everyone says the qibla was changed owing to reasons concerning Jews(why the heck why them?????).well is it true?why was it changed?

nothing in Islam IMO is without controversy.you know I am sure how there were two Qiblas ,well everyone says the qibla was changed owing to reasons concerning Jews(why the heck why them?????).well is it true?why was it changed?
What I'm interested to know is, HOW was it changed.

People say they got up from prayer and it was changed without any stoppage and everything happened automatically like the entire mosque was picked up and flipped. I find that hard to believe and perhaps the Prophet just walked off during the prayed to the other side and the congregation just rotated itself when they saw him walk off. The other thing seems like a far fetched story.

Reasoning is simple. When the Muslims moved to Madinah after they were an instant hit. Everyone wanted to be called a Muslim for it brought a greater social status. Some Jews adopted the policy of not giving up Judaism but pretending to be Muslims. It didn't bother them since they were praying to the same direction.

Muslims required a clear distinction between us and them.

That is what I feel must have had happened. I say this from no historical or Islamic reference.

Ok I did some research.

The Quran says:

"We decreed your former Qiblah only so that We may know the Prophet's true followers and those who were to deny him. It was indeed a hard test, but not for those whom Allah guided..." Surah al-Baqarah, 2:143

So basically, it was pretty much to do with separating the Jews from the Muslims.

They were tested. If anyone would've hesitated to turn, then that would've been a tell.

This also proves that people physically turned during the prayer and weren't rotated automatically.

It happened like Prophet (SAW) was leading the prayers and during the salat the divine revelations came upon Propet (SAW) and with it was orders to change direction of salat to Kaaba from Jerusalem. As this was being revealed to Prophet(SAW) Hazrat Ali(RA) with Allah's blessing also heard this divine revelation. And Prophet(SAW) and Hazrat ALI(RA) together changed there direction from Jerusalem to Kaaba.

And Prophet(SAW) and Hazrat ALI(RA) had finsihed there salat to the diorection of kaaba.

The version of event your narrating seems to be aggrandize much i dont agree with it and i havent heard of it in my life. Cities were not swapped at all.

It happened like Prophet (SAW) was leading the prayers and during the salat the divine revelations came upon Propet (SAW) and with it was orders to change direction of salat to Kaaba from Jerusalem. As this was being revealed to Prophet(SAW) Hazrat Ali(RA) with Allah's blessing also heard this divine revelation. And Prophet(SAW) and Hazrat ALI(RA) together changed there direction from Jerusalem to Kaaba.

And Prophet(SAW) and Hazrat ALI(RA) had finsihed there salat to the diorection of kaaba.

The version of event your narrating seems to be aggrandize much i dont agree with it and i havent heard of it in my life. Cities were not swapped at all.
I didn't mean cities were swapped.

What I'm talking about the congregation automatically all switching sides to the Kaabah.

Hmmm so you're saying only the Prophet and Hazarat Ali changed directions?

Back
Top Bottom