What's new

The overpopulation thread

A big country needs a lot of people. More people = more power. Pakistan need to increase its population to match Indian troop numbers in case of mobilisation.

Ideally, Pakistan need to overtake USA on population numbers to become the third largest nation to secure its future in the 21st century.

21st century will be the century of the mega, and giganations.

In 30 years, Pakistan's population will reach 400 million people, and it will be the point where it will overtake USA. If USA's population growth will slow further from the current 0.5%, this will happen even earlier.

The black swan event here which is very obvious, but not talked about is the possibility of immigration flow reversals.

It may now sound ridiculous that any brown country will see a positive migration, and even more unbelievable that a currently wealthy Western country can lose not only its immigration allure, but see a population drain, but this is already happening with Chinese, and to part wealthiest part of Indian diaspora. Here on this forum we see even Pakistani members sometimes anticipating good times ahead, and keeping one foot back in Pakistan just for such scenario.

Countries with high populations of recent 1st, 2nd generation migrants themselves have much more mobile populations. People who come to wealthy counties for money, may well as easily leave them for money, and opportunity too.

We live in the era of nukes. Australia which has 1/50 of China's population can construct 200 thermonuclear weapons for military parity with China. You do not need millions of people. Those wars are over,

It does not matter what Pakistan's population is. Right now they cannot impose their will on Iran or Saudi Arabia. The only neighboring country that it can impose its will is Afghanistan. Even there it is fighting for 4 decades. Forgot about Pakistan competing with India or China. You can see even with China and India. India's parity in population with China does not mean equal economic outcomes. With their current level of human development 400 million Pakistanis might make no difference in grand scheme of things. You ignore environmental degradation the current populations have on their countries. Is any Muslim country looking at Pakistan as a role model for anything ?

I understand your concept of immigration reversal. Not every society is as open as America. Even China might not be accepting of large scale inflows of Chinese migrants back of China. A few numbers here and there is a novelty. I can see 1st and 2nd generation immigrants keeping options open. 3rd, 4th or 5th generation Chinese immigrants in America are not going to China.

The reduction in fertility is not an automatic reduction in the population growth. There are countries with skyrocketing populations, and relatively low fertility. There are even countries where the two were inversely proportional.

Remember, most of the world had enormous childhood mortality, some times above 50%, and early mortality in general.

In the most of Africa today, well, even in some poorer places in China, people are quite likely to die from some bug, or trivial diseases mortality from which were near nonexistent in the West for a more than a century. Malaria, diphtheria, or typhus will be a perfect example.

Now imagine, such places gaining minimal economic prosperity, and now being able to afford at least things like antibiotics. In an instant, they slash their non-age mortality from double digits, to near zero.

Even with 3 children per woman, you will almost double the population in 30 years.

with 2 children per women you are looking at zero population growth rate. in the long run lower fertility leads to lower populations.

it is ironic someone from China is complaining about lower population growth rate when china is a major beneficary of one child family rule

We live in the era of nukes. Australia which has 1/50 of China's population can construct 200 thermonuclear weapons for military parity with China. You do not need millions of people. Those wars are over,
Unlikely Aussies have the manpower to develop so meany warheads.

Daniel Quinn and Russel Thornhill discuss food production & population (1998):

Screenshot 2021-09-25 234020.jpg

Compared to our neighborhood we are not really that populated

We have more than enough fertile land to feed the people (we only use 1/3 of our current fertile land, forget that with 1,2$ canal system we can make big chunk of Baluchistan fertile)

Food isn't an issue

My issue is that in the near future Pakistan will suffer from acute water shortage and I genuinely cant see a decent long lasting solution for it...
so people will suffer

B- Can we really manage 300 million people as in schools, standard of living etc? not too sure

So I feel overpopulation just means rapid growth without adequate backing of infrastructure
we aren't overpopulated in the sense that we lack the space, but due to sheer size, rapid growth and our mismanagement

we are struggling with managing this population in terms of providing quality of life

View attachment 780208
Compared to our neighborhood we are not really that populated

We have more than enough fertile land to feed the people (we only use 1/3 of our current fertile land, forget that with 1,2$ canal system we can make big chunk of Baluchistan fertile)

Food isn't an issue
Are you reading anything posted on this thread???? Fertile land is what gave us overpopulation. More food gives us more people.

Are you bloody not getting it??? Did you need see any of the videos or article links posted in this thread???

Are you reading anything posted on this thread???? Fertile land is what gave us overpopulation. More food gives us more people.

Are you bloody not getting it??? Did you need see any of the videos or article links posted in this thread???
Read the whole post

My conclusion was that overpopulation is an issue not because of food but because we are lacking in other areas which hampers our quality of life

Itna ghusa kyun hai Bhai?I am not the one having all these babies you know

Relax Kar
Okay i am sorry if I sounded disrespectful but I was a it frustrated that you were not reading what is being written on this thread. Growing more food means increasing population.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom