What's new

The Nuclear Battlefield - India vs Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a minute this article was published in 2001.

When the Nuclear stand of took place.

I guess it was in line with the current events of the time. We all remember how close India came to launching an invasion and how close Musharraf came to using the nuke's . This was right after the Attack on the parliament i believe.

But its been over 9 years and the situation on the ground has changed dramatically since then both logistically and Politically. All who read have wasted their time.

its a good article if it serves the indian POV and vice-versa.
what a waste of time with futile 'jingoism'

Thanks Spitfighter,

I got the gist of the article in that its less an invasion and more a one-time capability destruction.

My point was ..... the oft quoted Pakistani use of tactical nukes on advancing Indian army columns in the open desert could be offset by a two-prong blitzkrieg type assault where the Indian army overruns both Islamabad and Lahore before Pakistan can react.

What happens then? The enemy is in your house .....

Will Pakistan go nuclear? Where?

In the desert?

On their overrun metropolises (including central command Islamabad)?

On Indian civilian targets as a first strike?

Coz any which way you look at it ..... 40 kms or 60 kms or 100 kms ..... if the Indian army advance is not met with the full force deployment of the Pakistan army ...... then till where does the Indian army advance to get at the remainder and neutralise them?

There will be cities in the way ..... and their so-called axis of tolerance.

Do we chase them all the way to Afghanistan?

Or will we have another Iraq as the top brass of the Pakistan army melts away overnight out of the country, and the army regulars hurriedly go civilian?

Cheers, Doc
This one's a topper Doc - I just can't believe you could trump your own Army Chief.

In any future conflict, keep the 1971 scenario in equation as tables might turn. While the Indian Army is engaged in a full fledge war with Pakistan, it will also have to fend off the home threat as well.
The low level insurgencies in half a dozen states would indeed flare up.
Forget about the Iraq possibility, it's more plausible like Afghanistan, the Indian forces may as well retreat to the sanctuary of the Indian Capital, with States declaring Independence all around. !!!

While you are predicting this for INdia in a future scenario, shouldnt you be more worried about Pakistan where it has already started.

Thanks Spitfighter,

I got the gist of the article in that its less an invasion and more a one-time capability destruction.

My point was ..... the oft quoted Pakistani use of tactical nukes on advancing Indian army columns in the open desert could be offset by a two-prong blitzkrieg type assault where the Indian army overruns both Islamabad and Lahore before Pakistan can react.

What happens then? The enemy is in your house .....

Will Pakistan go nuclear? Where?

In the desert?

On their overrun metropolises (including central command Islamabad)?

On Indian civilian targets as a first strike?

Coz any which way you look at it ..... 40 kms or 60 kms or 100 kms ..... if the Indian army advance is not met with the full force deployment of the Pakistan army ...... then till where does the Indian army advance to get at the remainder and neutralise them?

There will be cities in the way ..... and their so-called axis of tolerance.

Do we chase them all the way to Afghanistan?

Or will we have another Iraq as the top brass of the Pakistan army melts away overnight out of the country, and the army regulars hurriedly go civilian?

Cheers, Doc

And Snap! Time to wake up. :lazy:

Pakistanis motto to safeguard the land,ideological & intellectual boundaries of the FATHER LAND !

so if it comes to pushing the red button you can put your family jewels on the line pakistan will do it to safeguard itself from india! never will we ever give an inch of our FATHERLAND to india no quarter would be given to the indian aggression....

While you are predicting this for INdia in a future scenario, shouldnt you be more worried about Pakistan where it has already started.

When MM Singh commented that Naxal Maoists represent the biggest threat to India's integrity, I believe he was addressing you people.

When MM Singh commented that Naxal Maoists represent the biggest threat to India's integrity, I believe he was addressing you people.

Maoists are patriotic people..they fight for their ideologies and rights.dont expect them to help you in case of war :)

^^^

You are wasting your time who don't have an iota of knowledge of these movements.

Balochistan holds the key.

The Indian Navy holds the key.

There will be a punch through *** in the north.

Karachi will be blockaded or go down in the South.

Balochis will rise from the West in a pincer movement ..... or dry rot from within.

The Afghan northern alliance will step up its efforts in the north-west.

Pakistan before it realises it could well become an encircled landlocked country.

Not knowing which way to turn.

Cheers, Doc

Balochis will rise from the West in a pincer movement ..... or dry rot from within.

Pakistan before it realises it could well become an encircled landlocked country.

Cheers, Doc

Doc the medical marijuana is for the patients and not for the doctors to smoke. Seriously because the side effects of the thing on you a quite visible through your posts. As I said earlier time to wake up. And smell the :coffee:

Cheers, Doc

Assam seems like an ideal place to execute all your dreams.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maoists may represent the biggest threat to indias security(economic i guess) but not to its integrity.And let me assure u it has miniscule in effect compared to random numbers of existential threats pakistan currently faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom