What's new

The New Pakistan US Relationship (After the Salala Check-Post Attack)

U.S also stopped helping us after soviet afghan war but it doesn't mean that pakistan plunged into famine and people died of hunger because they could not get american aid.

As far as starving of americans is concerned they had some storage which will be about to end now and central asian routes are very expensive.

Obviously you will survive, even worst cases like Zimbabwe survived the Economic Chaos, then Pakistan will be too. But there would be increasing economic hardship with the passage of every year. In all countries poverty is decreasing but in Pakistan it is increasing, 55% shortage of electricity. Most of the budget is wasted in paying back the debt and with Passage of every year development budget meant for education, health sector and infrastructure is decreasing.

Because Pakistan severed their relation with US but without any proper arrangement for worst days.

Last Year, in India we had scarcity of Onions but it doesn't mean that India plunged into famine and people died of hunger because they could not get Onions to eat. :cheesy: I was seeing many enthusiastic Pakistanis were saying they will starve Americans even for the toilet paper but 1 month already passed, it seems nothing happened to them. The only thing we are listening of free-fall of Pakistan's economy due to uncertainty after withdrawal of US aid.

Nothing happened to them?

Are you living in this world for the past two weeks?

Operations severely affected, rations getting a bit on the low side.

Nothing happened to them?

Are you living in this world for the past two weeks?

Operations severely affected, rations getting a bit on the low side.

Really, did your wet dreams of making them to starve for toilet paper got real. :rofl: And did American pulled out even a single soldiers after NATO air-strike.

could the US 'define' what they mean by a 'limited' relationship! - already the past relationship was 'limited' to one topic - WoT and thats all.

there is NO PTA
NO BIT
NO Strategic discourse
NO american companies operate 'directly' in PK

sounds very limited to me already!

could the US 'define' what they mean by a 'limited' relationship! - already the past relationship was 'limited' to one topic - WoT and thats all.

there is NO PTA
NO BIT
NO Strategic discourse
NO american companies operate 'directly' in PK

sounds very limited to me already!

I think Pakistan presently has the opportunity to define the relationship according to its own national interests, and it should take this opportunity to do so unequivocally, rather than allowing USA to define it yet again.

I think Pakistan presently has the opportunity to define the relationship according to its own national interests, and it should take this opportunity to do so unequivocally, rather than allowing USA to define it yet again.

fair point but are they (GoP) capable!? - Hina Rabbanni will define PK's foreign policy. these un-educated 'louts' sitting in parliament will define this relationship!?

fair point but are they (GoP) capable!? - Hina Rabbanni will define PK's foreign policy. these un-educated 'louts' sitting in parliament will define this relationship!?

If there ever was a justification for the Army to make sure the politicos behave, this is it!

I hope that the elite get together and do the right thing for once.

If there ever was a justification for the Army to make sure the politicos behave, this is it!

hmmm! lets be careful mate! are we suggesting that the army control the foreign policy? nah!

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

thats so undemocratic!

Fair enough but don't you think Army was keeping a tight lid on foreign policy all these years?? if so then how will things change this time...b/w what leverage does Pakistan have over US that you think Pakistan would be able to put all her terms this time???

I am not sure if you know me as such but just to let you know i can be anything but a troll...so please consider above questions as genuine curiosity...

Regards...

hmmm! lets be careful mate! are we suggesting that the army control the foreign policy? nah!

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

thats so undemocratic!

The truth is the truth! ;)

Fair enough but don't you think Army was keeping a tight lid on foreign policy all these years?? if so then how will things change this time...b/w what leverage does Pakistan have over US that you think Pakistan would be able to put all her terms this time???

I am not sure if you know me as such but just to let you know i can be anything but a troll...so please consider above questions as genuine curiosity...

Regards...

I think what is different this time is the realization that this may the last chance before the fat lady sings. ;)

Regards...

it is more over an internal drama where zardarni huqumat is trying to show people that they can kick american *** after so many obligations on them. these tactics are useful to fetch votes in upcoming elections. the new Pakistani ambassador Sherry rehman to US will some how ask americans to play this act till the elections and convince the world later that everything was fine, finally she belongs to PPP.

I think what is different this time is the realization that this may the last chance before the fat lady sings. ;)

:) ... with all due respect that realization might not be enough....what i am asking from elites of Pakistan(like you) is what leverage Pakistan has over US that in a relation they can play equal....

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

it is more over an internal drama where zardarni huqumat is trying to show people that they can kick american *** after so many obligations on them. these tactics are useful to fetch votes in upcoming elections. the new Pakistani ambassador Sherry rehman to US will some how ask americans to play this act till the elections and convince the world later that everything was fine, finally she belongs to PPP.

well the NATO supply is blocked from past one month and so are the drones...so for sure it is not an internal drama...Internal drama was incidents after OBL death...Every single Pakistan politician was vowing that no more violation of sovereignty will be tolerated and within few days things were back to what they were...

Why is US sending another Aircraft Carrier to Support Operation in Afghanistan?

Carriers already operating in the 5th Fleet: CVN72 Stennis

Inbound Carriers: Abraham Lincoln

picvalley.net / v.php?p=u / 2666 / 21860592378358776213248833063DmSrfb3SWMmYCjC5Qvj . JPG

---------- Post added at 02:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 AM ----------

Can anyone interpret the above map

The USN has traditionally maintained 2 carrier battle groups in west Asia/east Africa as a part of the Fifth Fleet based in Bahrain. While one CVN has been placed in or near the Red Sea/Persian Gulf, the other has been in the Northern Arabian Sea. The CVNs rotate into this region either through the Atlantic and the Mediterranean or come in from the Pacific and the Indian Ocean. At the end of the cycle they return to San Diego/Norfolk for maintenance etc. This has been the trend for the past decade or so except during periods of conflict when additional CVNs are grouped under the Fifth Fleet.

CVN-72 Abraham Lincoln

Home Port : Everett, WA.
Back log
07Dec2011,
departed Everett for around-the-world cruise,
that will take to new homeport in Norfolk,
and is relocating to conduct a scheduled four-year RCOH
at Newport News Shipbuilding
07Dec-09Dec2011, EastPac
10Dec2011, San Diego
11Dec-19Dec2011, Pac
-------[ RCOH Schedule ]-------------------------
FY2013, scheduled to begin RCOH

CVN-74 John C. Stennis

25Sep-08Oct2011, North Arabian Sea
09Oct2011,
CVW-9 launched first combat sorties
in support of Operation Enduring Freedom
in Afghanistan
09Oct-11Nov2011, North Arabian Sea
12Nov2011,
John C. Stennis (CVN 74) and George H. W. Bush (CVN 77)
steam alongside one another in the Strait of Hormuz
13Nov-17Dec2011, Arabian Gulf
18Dec2011,
CVW-9 launched the Navy's final air sortie over Iraq,
effectively ending naval support for Operation New Dawn
19Dec-20Dec2011, Arabian Gulf

PS - RCOH is Refueling and Complex Overhaul
- Nothing alarming or extraordinary for two CVNs being located in west Asia/ Arabian Sea.

Back
Top Bottom