What's new

The New NSG Commandos of India

AMCA

Reaction score
Country
India
Here is a Collection of a never seen photos of India's National Security Guards. They improved a lot after 26/11.

nsg1.png

nsg2.png

nsg3.png

nsg4.png

nsg5.png

To continue....

If you guys have any more new pictures please share it... Thanks

Yep,saw the video yesterday but the helmets looked pathetic(it might be very functional,though!),I also could not spot any changes in weaponry(the same MP5)......I was counting on upgraded variants of the MP5 or Israeli cornershots!
Rocky and Mayur meet the Garuds was the Best video of any SF group of the tri services!

But the protection around body corners and joints is still poor. No paddings for forearms, shins, thighs, elbows, knees and shoulders.

NSG needs better protection for its commandos. Not to mention operational regional hubs. I am wondering whether the Kolkata base is operational for them for our eastern sector.

It'd be amazing if these guys are given even better gear. MARCOs are comparatively better equipped.

But the protection around body corners and joints is still poor. No paddings for forearms, shins, thighs, elbows, knees and shoulders.

MARCOs are comparatively better equipped.

Protection needs to be carefully balanced.
Over doing protection reduces mobility and stealth.

If u get hit using while Heavy Armour ...ur not getting back in the fight anyway (no ones gonna be using small firearms)...

But it does save lives ; so all vital areas need to be covered (the gut and head)
The rest depends on budget;...*There is always gear tht can be called in from inventory ..depending on the situation *

this way its cost effective and solid.:tup:

They should be wearing helmets

This is not a live fire exercise

....and they do wear helmets .

Protection needs to be carefully balanced.
Over doing protection reduces mobility and stealth.

Pray tell me how the S-13, the GSG-9 and the Army Rangers of US do it? They have lightweight armor but strong enough to protect all vital body points. THAT is what I mean. Not wearing an Iron Man suit.

If u get hit using while Heavy Armour ...ur not getting back in the fight anyway (no ones gonna be using small firearms)...

I am not talking about heavy armor. My cousin brother has used this padded joint concept in body protection. He's been involved in a few hostage missions and though I don't know the details, there's hardly been a mobility factor. I'm talking about the MARCOs, who are rightly padded and protected well. Garuds need to get to that level of protection. Light but tough. Think about the headache it would be to drop behind enemy lines, lay wounded and wait for a rescue operation. Knowing our spineless and anti-national government, even that is a distant dream for a commando. So he's on his own and needs to be well protected so as to return safely.

But it does save lives ; so all vital areas need to be covered (the gut and head)

The joints are vital for rapid mobility too mate. A hit in the elbow or the knee makes any mobility or fighting capability useless. Same for the forearm and shins that are lightly boned and hence need better protection to at least withstand smaller shrapnel and handgun fire, if not 7.62 mm rounds.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom