What's new

The Nails in the dollar's coffin

Status
Not open for further replies.
been hearing about the death of the US and the dollar ever since i joined the forum.
you could be hearing it since you were born but that doesnt mean it wont happen,all fiat currencies fall to 0

you could be hearing it since you were born but that doesnt mean it wont happen,all fiat currencies fall to 0

The dollar is held up by fear ( if your a country holding large amounts of it ), and military force.

From a finance/economy point, it's been dead on its feet for a while.

I don't see any signs of dollar weakening any time soon. I see plenty of signs Indian rupee is losing value to dollar. I was expecting that demonetization will strengthen rupee but I didn't expect this. Modi is no economist by any means. Looks like his gamble has failed.

The dollar is dead. Obviously, people should buy strong and living currencies like the Yuan and the Ruble, maybe some Euros. :D

define 'dollar is dead' ?? There are more sovereign nations who are the buyers of US bonds than sellers. So, as long as there is demand for these bonds then US can finance their expansion with cheap credit. Once you buy the long term bonds then you are locked for the period of the bond to maturity. All you can do is not buy the treasury bonds and I don't see that happening presently. So, for doom sayers they have to wait a long time for that to happen.:p:

define 'dollar is dead' ?? There are more sovereign nations who are the buyers of US bonds than sellers. So, as long as there is demand for these bonds then US can finance their expansion with cheap credit. Once you buy the long term bonds then you are locked for the period of the bond to maturity. All you can do is not buy the treasury bonds and I don't see that happening presently. So, for doom sayers they have to wait a long time for that to happen.:p:
the amount of US treasury bonds buyers are going downhill,have u not seen the graphs in these videos.

The dollar is dead. Obviously, people should buy strong and living currencies like the Yuan and the Ruble, maybe some Euros. :D

Really people should concentrate on the ruble. Buy all you can!!! Trump is going to make the ruble great again ....

Really people should concentrate on the ruble. Buy all you can!!! Trump is going to make the ruble great again ....

Convert enough roubles to buy Lada today, by tmrw it won't be enough to buy a loaf of bread!

Seriously, buy Gold.

If not, than any 'hard asset' : land, house, tractor etc. Avoid any paper currency.

Yes, and also invest in the great exclusive opportunity to sell air conditioners in Siberia. Retire early! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom