What's new

The Myth of Bharat

Believing that his empire was a divine gift and trust to be preserved, the Habsburgs monarch of Austria-Hungary Franz Josef I annexed Bosnia and Herzegovina to make up for the territories lost earlier and, along with other maniacs, participated in insanities that lead to WW-1. His claim was neither new nor unique. Monarchs have laid similar claims more than often and almost everywhere. An example of this is the concept of Bharta/Bharat, the land which, according to Hinduism, needs to be preserved and includes modern day’s Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Nepal, Bangladesh, precisely the extent of Maurya empire.

Rigveda, the earliest Hindu text was compiled in what is now Punjab and KPK provinces of Pakistan about 1000 BC and refers to this land as Sapta Sindhu, the land of seven rivers. Five rivers of Punjab, river Beas and river Swat. Rigveda is filled with hymns of praise for it almost making what is now Pakistan a holy land. But it does not have anything about the concept of Bharat in the sense later additions into Hinduism like Puranas propound.

My point is, this concept was concocted during Maurya Empire as neither before nor after that empire, this region remained as a single unit. The empire soon disintegrated and sub-continent remained divided into tens of smaller kingdoms which were not only independent but often hostile to each other. Mughals joined this region after 2000 years and after them, Bharat mata was resurrected.
I really find this thread and the likes initiated by Pakistanis ...Hilarious. Usually pointless...just like this one.

It was not my intention to give it the green color. No, its not. Findings on the excavations of Indus valley are available for reference. I do not have privileges to post a link but you could look for them. I do not intend to make a point with that. My stance and the accepted stance world wide is that the history belongs to the land and its people and not to a religion. Vedic Culture and IVC both belong to the people of Pakistan, though it was not called Pakistan then. Just as the Greece of Aristotle and Alexander belongs to the people of modern Greece, though it was not called Greece then and despite the people of Greece now follow an Abrahmic religion.

Then my best bet is , IVC and Vedic culture belongs to people of South Asia instead of Pakistan and India .

Thats desperate I should say. The Sapta Sandhu, the land of seven rivers, the Rigveda calls it. Satluj, Beas, Ravi, Chenab, Jehlum, Sindh and River Swat, 5 of them are in Pakistan and you are saying the heart of it was in Haryana. You can appreciate something without laying a claim to it. Grow up a little may be.

You are welcome to read up on the matter, I'm not giving you just a personal opinion. I never said that the area did not include the land that is now part of Pakistan but the Rg vedic river most mentioned is the Sarasvati. The fact that over half the books are related to the Bharatas is the clearest evidence of where the heartland is. Sapta Sindhu is the reference to punjab but maybe you should find out where & what the references were.

Sir Gee, Time of Mahabharata is also around 4 BC. On the other hand, there is a possibility that someone after Mauryans invented this myth.

The stories that make up the Mahabharata , it is argued by some western experts was compiled around 400-300 BCE & later (many others disagree with the time zone being this late) but no one makes the claim that it was the time that the Mahabharata war actually took place.The Mahabharata speaks clearly of what Bharat is - "north of the sea & south of the Himalayas." Nor is the argument that this idea of Bharat invented by the Mauryans tenable. Alexander's informants had given detailed description of the land that lay before him -what the greeks called India (East of the Indus on) and surely Alexander predated the Mauryans. Nor did this consciousness suddenly appear only in front of Alexander, that would be an incredibly cussed argument to make. Your argument is not sustainable.

Last edited:
Here we have, a whole bunch of people suffering from the same cognitive disability, all at once! Or perhaps, an innate tendency to deviate from what's being discussed, when what's being discussed doesn't suit one's narrative. My point is, my point is, my point is.... the myth of Bharatvarsha was concocted during the Maurya Empire, I ain't talking about King Bharat of Rigveda. A typical case of religio-political indoctrination for personal ends. On the other hand, you could disagree with me and elaborate on how your gods destined Bharta. Also clarify whether it was done before or after the Big Bang!

You poor Sod.

You are up against heavy artillery.

Bye.

It was nice knowing you.

It was not my intention to give it the green color. No, its not. Findings on the excavations of Indus valley are available for reference. I do not have privileges to post a link but you could look for them. I do not intend to make a point with that. My stance and the accepted stance world wide is that the history belongs to the land and its people and not to a religion. Vedic Culture and IVC both belong to the people of Pakistan, though it was not called Pakistan then. Just as the Greece of Aristotle and Alexander belongs to the people of modern Greece, though it was not called Greece then and despite the people of Greece now follow an Abrahmic religion.

IVC is not an isolated civilization considering the connectivity and rivers that are there in S.Asia (parts of Rajasthan, Gujarat etc..etc...).

It is a part of the broader civilization.

There is no evidence to relate IVC and Vedas except a seal consisting of a meditating man.

Vedas speak about river Sarswati which is modern day Haryana and parts of Gujarat.

The river Sarswati is mentioned more times than Sindu.

IVC is not an isolated civilization considering the connectivity and rivers that are there in S.Asia (parts of Rajasthan, Gujarat etc..etc...).

There is no evidence to relate IVC and Vedas except a seal consisting of a meditating man.

Vedas speak about river Sarswati which is modern day Haryana and parts of Gujarat.

A nice post indeed. Yes IVC and Vedas are not related but many many of your countrymen find it hard to digest, i dont know why. Then of course, Punjab the whole of it including Haryana, parts of Rajasthan and Gujrat were included in IVC as well as later mentioning of Rigveda.

A nice post indeed. Yes IVC and Vedas are not related but many many of your countrymen find it hard to digest, i dont know why. Then of course, Punjab the whole of it including Haryana, parts of Rajasthan and Gujrat were included in IVC as well as later mentioning of Rigveda.

I think its u who are still looking at things with closed Mind .:lol:
When U look at facts , Look at all of them rather than picking those U found helping your cause :lol:

If I thank your post, will you report me to the Sarsanghchalak?

Yes once the river saraswati dried up, these guys migrated towards gangetic planes and south.

There is no reason or evidence to believe that punjab is isolated region all these times.

If I thank your post, will you report me to the Sarsanghchalak?

Mr.@Joe Sarsanghchalak?

Yes once the river saraswati dried up, these guys migrated towards gangetic planes and south.

There is no reason or evidence to believe that punjab is isolated region all these times.

Mr.@Joe Sarsanghchalak?

How would I know his first name? He's your Sarsanghchalak.

Got it ....... Bangalore ?:)

You took your time, didn't you?

Back
Top Bottom