What's new

The 'mystery' of India's low coronavirus death rate

80% of deaths are not medically reported in India.
Doesn't matter u need A Death certificate from hospital Or doctor to cremate you dead Without it you cannot even cremate your dead Weather You christian ,Hindu or Muslim

By the way .. death rate is even lower in Pakistan. Number of infections is nearly half as that of India but deaths are merely one third.

So whatever it is in case of India , it is stronger for Pakistan.

India's total infections can be challenged due to lower testing but not the death rate. Even if there are a lot of asymptomatic patients, it means the death rate is even lower.

Indian deaths are way higher. Many dying are not treated or don't reach official figures. Even the coronavirus cases are way way higher in India but they are just brushing it with common flu or cold. There is no way mere 30k cases in a population of 1.5 billion.

By the way .. death rate is even lower in Pakistan. Number of infections is nearly half as that of India but deaths are merely one third.

So whatever it is in case of India , it is stronger for Pakistan.
Yes I'm pretty sure Pakistan too have higher number of overall cases but not as much as India. I would say perhaps 5 to 8k more compared with India who may be reporting about at least 800k to 1.5 million lower than current number. The reason is that population density in Pakistan is lower than India and many other countries in the world plus Pakistan have about 75 percent population who is under 35y/o. So most likely herd immunity is more or less achieved.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1405197
Screenshot_20200430-053009_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200430-053439_Samsung Internet.jpg

https://www.indexmundi.com/map/?v=21000&r=as&l=en

Last edited:
You stupid people. Even Corona Virus is a contest for you guys. Both India and Pakistan are 3rd world Poor countries. what are you people blabbering about each other?
Bharat Mahan and Pakistani Zinda Qoum, Stop Saying stupid things like we are stronger people, we have better health care, we are more immune, we are better then you. Both of these countries are one of the most corrupt countries in the world too. Just hope whatever is keeping this outbreak away keeps working and its not on paper and if the outbreak is not underway in the first place, Its too soon to tell for now. Keep social distancing, Stay at home, Wash your hands, Keep your home disinfected. You are not super humans or immune, neither are your governments even quarter as effective and smart as European and American Governments. Stay vigilante as ever. And For God sake in this moment of Grief put this Nationalism and bashing aside and pray for each other.This is a pandemic for whole humanity not for a nation, race, religion or creed.
My Friend just lost his father to Corona Virus and his whole family is quarantined.
You people will only realize when some one you know will suffer in front of you (May Allah Protect you all irrespective of your country, religion or race)

Last edited by a moderator:
There is some under reporting in some of the states like West Bengal.
But the lockdown in most places is quite strict even now.
Hospitals are not yet overwhelmed.
The full picture would be available in the next couple of months.

You stupid people. Even Corona Virus is a D*** Measuring contest for you guys. Both India and Pakistan are 3rd world p*** Poor countries. what are you people blabbering about each other?
Bharat Mahan and Pakistani Zinda Qoum, Stop Saying stupid things like we are stronger people, we have better health care, we are more immune, we are better then you. Both of these countries are one of the most corrupt countries in the world too. Just hope whatever is keeping this outbreak away keeps working and its not on paper and if the outbreak is not underway in the first place, Its too soon to tell for now. Keep social distancing, Stay at home, Wash your hands, Keep your home disinfected. You are not super humans or immune, neither are your governments even quarter as effective and smart as European and American Governments. Stay vigilante as ever. And For God sake in this moment of Grief put this Fu***** Nationalism and bashing aside and pray for each other.This is a pandemic for whole humanity not for a nation, race, religion or creed.
My Friend just lost his father to Corona Virus and his whole family is quarantined.
You people will only realize when some one you know will suffer in front of you (May Allah Protect you all irrespective of your country, religion or race)
Nobody is doing d measuring here. Let me explain you a bit if I can about what is happening in this thread. One word, debate. Australian newspaper wrote an article(kind of investigative journalism) to find the mystery of lower reported case. Even though you don't like it but humans have to record, write and learn from the tragedies to avoid future ones. Sorry for your loss but you can't vent anger here.

And yes we do know Pakistan is a poor country, you don't have to remind us. Unlike India we don't claim to be a Supa Pawa.

Nobody is doing d measuring here. Let me explain you a bit if I can about what is happening in this thread. One word, debate. Australian newspaper wrote an article(kind of investigative journalism) to find the mystery of lower reported case. Even though you don't like it but humans have to record, write and learn from the tragedies to avoid future ones. Sorry for your loss but you can't vent anger here.

And yes we do know Pakistan is a poor country, you don't have to remind us. Unlike India we don't claim to be a Supa Pawa.
Bharat is and should not be a standard for comparison for us, Its also a poor third world country, some regions even more broken then sub Saharan Africa.
In case you don't notice. Go through the comments in this thread its all about Jingoism and Blindly defending and bashing, I would hardly call it a debate. I am not taking about the title and original post.
"Even though you don't like it but humans have to record, write and learn from the tragedies to avoid future ones." This comment have no connection at all to what i said.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom