What's new

THE "MOON"...Ah, the moon!!!

Because, even if those $100 million are spent per year on common man, nothing will change. AT ALL!

Once more, what you are missing is simple point : You are trying to fix a problem by fixing what is NOT broken and ignoring what is REALLY broken!

If you want to fix the problem, find ways to divert those 10s or mabe 100s of billions spent on useless religious celebration and gold offerings in all kinds of religious establishments. I mean, how come you can call India poor if it is throwing so much money on religious organizations and shrines? One shrine got 350 million dollars in donation! Thats insane money! Tap that kind of money and you will perhaps serve poors better than shutting down deep space program which actually has REAL VALUE, although further in future.
really? I can tell you right off the top that it can easily change the lives 1000 people JUST by buying them taxis to earn a living with. that's a thousand families...with 2 square meals a day, perhaps an education for the children, even if just a primary one. now you are gonna turn around and say that what's 1000 people out of a starving nation of over a billion people. okay, fair enough but that brings me BACK to the same question AGAIN...how many people did this space program help? and no, don't tell me it helped those engineers who created this disaster, cuz they are NOT the mainstream common, average indian on the road, not by a long shot, they are the few, highly educated ones that, if not for isro, would've found jobs in america or europe ANYWAY which canNOT be said for the average run of the mill indian.

really? I can tell you right off the top that it can easily change the lives 1000 people JUST by buying them taxis to earn a living with. that's a thousand families...with 2 square meals a day, perhaps an education for the children, even if just a primary one. now you are gonna turn around and say that what's 1000 people out of a starving nation of over a billion people. okay, fair enough but that brings me BACK to the same question AGAIN...how many people did this space program help? and no, don't tell me it helped those engineers who created this disaster, cuz they are NOT the mainstream common, average indian on the road, not by a long shot, they are the few, highly educated ones that, if not for isro, would've found jobs in america or europe ANYWAY which canNOT be said for the average run of the mill indian.

First few corrections for you. All the money spent on Deep Space Research does not disappear in thin air. It is used to pay salaries of scientists, technicians, labourers, local businesses. Most of them are not exactly those who can leave India and go to Europe. In such massive project, behind one engineer or scientists, there is an army of workmen to build infra and assemble machines. Simply put it does employ quite a few folks. So whatever number you have for those driving taxi, they have to be adjusted over and above it. I am not sure if the gain is going to be substantial.

Secondly, it also encourages more people to pursue higher education in technology, science, engineering and at-least workmanship. And higher education is almost always associated with better employment outcomes.

Lastly, you didn't address the most important argument : If instead of deep space program worth 100 million dollar a year, religious institutes which are earning in 10s or 100s of billion dollars per year for doing nothing better than some prayers are targetted and their revenue and profits and gold assets are tapped into providing employment, you will have really better outcomes.

First few corrections for you. All the money spent on Deep Space Research does not disappear in thin air. It is used to pay salaries of scientists, technicians, labourers, local businesses. Most of them are not exactly those who can leave India and go to Europe. In such massive project, behind one engineer or scientists, there is an army of workmen to build infra and assemble machines. Simply put it does employ quite a few folks. So whatever number you have for those driving taxi, they have to be adjusted over and above it. I am not sure if the gain is going to be substantial.

Secondly, it also encourages more people to pursue higher education in technology, science, engineering and at-least workmanship. And higher education is almost always associated with better employment outcomes.

Lastly, you didn't address the most important argument : If instead of deep space program worth 100 million dollar a year, religious institutes which are earning in 10s or 100s of billion dollars per year for doing nothing better than some prayers are targetted and their revenue and profits and gold assets are tapped into providing employment, you will have really better outcomes.
ok so you should stop RIGHT there, a staff of almost 15000 employees that has consistently failed in delivering the promise of going to the moon...$500 million spent on a group that fails most of the time verses investing $500 million on agriculture, water and health. which one would have the most IMMEDIATE benefits for the common man besides those 15000? just quietly let that sink in...if those 15k or so engineers, scientists & technicians had utilized that same $500 million in say for example, clean water and agriculture, it would have improved the lives and livelyhoods of perhaps 3 times as many farmers if not more...that is 45000 farmers besides the 15000 employees...that is 60,000 lives improved and opportunities created. crashing & burning on the moon multiple times facilitated the livelihoods of HOW many people???

ok so you should stop RIGHT there, a staff of almost 15000 employees that has consistently failed in delivering the promise of going to the moon...$500 million spent on a group that fails most of the time verses investing $500 million on agriculture, water and health. which one would have the most IMMEDIATE benefits for the common man besides those 15000? just quietly let that sink in...if those 15k or so engineers, scientists & technicians had utilized that same $500 million in say for example, clean water and agriculture, it would have improved the lives and livelyhoods of perhaps 3 times as many farmers if not more...that is 45000 farmers besides the 15000 employees...that is 60,000 lives improved and opportunities created. crashing & burning on the moon multiple times facilitated the livelihoods of HOW many people???
Consistently failed. Can you qualify this?
From what I see there were three projects. One to moon in 2000s. One to Mars in 2010s. And latest one to Moon landing.

The one in 2000s worked in first shot.
The one in 2010s to Mars worked in first shot.
The lander failed just now. From what I hear, their orbiter will still work.

Where did you come up with consistent failure? And remember, these were research projects. THEY WERE LIKELY TO FAIL!

Lastly, why haven't you addressed the most important point I raised? Why squeeze research expenses which can only free up 100 million dollars per year. Why not squeeze religious expenses and assets which are worth in 100s of billions? What good does religious pomp and show doing for poor people?

Last edited:
Consistently failed. Can you qualify this?
From what I see there were three projects. One to moon in 2000s. One to Mars in 2010s. And latest one to Moon landing.

The one in 2000s worked in first shot.
The one in 2010s to Mars worked in first shot.
The lander failed just now. From what I hear, their orbiter will still work.

Where did you come up with consistent failure? And remember, these were research projects. THEY WERE LIKELY TO FAIL!

Lastly, why haven't you addressed the most important point I raised? Why squeeze research expenses which can only free up 100 million dollars per year. Why not squeeze religious expenses and assets which are worth in 100s of billions? What good does religious pomp and show doing for poor people?
those were orbiters, NOT landers...and you STILL failed to tell me what EXACTLY did they get the common man? Even the orbiters, ok so its now orbiting mars, MOON, the friggin' son, PLANET URANUS, IT IS ORBITTING THE ANDROMEDA GALAXY,
what
did
it
do
for
the
common
man
that
is
struggling
day
in
and
day
out
trying to make ends meet? WHAT? Just...do NOT bother explaining ANYTHING to me, I am just not interested in your figures until I get an answer...JUUUUST answer this ONE SIMPLE QUESTION? What the blippin' HELL did it do for the common man?

JUUUUST answer this ONE SIMPLE QUESTION? What the blippin' HELL did it do for the common man?
What the hell that shrine charging 300 million dollars to common man are doing for common man who is dying of hunger? Nothing in short term. Nothing in long term.

To answer your question. Deep space exploration does NOTHING for common man in short term. May be it can do something in middle or long term.

What the hell that shrine charging 300 million dollars to common man are doing for common man who is dying of hunger? Nothing in short term. Nothing in long term.
wait, what? which shrine charges 300 million dollars to the common man??? what on earth are you blabbing about??? a shrine that charges 300 million dollars??? :wacko:
To answer your question. Deep space exploration does NOTHING for common man in short term. May be it can do something in middle or long term.
THANK YOU! NOTHING...IT DOES NOTHING! middle or long term? Yet to be seen (and this is AFTER 50+ years of first landing on the moon)! Goodness GRACIOUS it took 15 friggin' pages for you to admit that it does NOTHING in the short term for the common man!

THANK YOU! NOTHING...IT DOES NOTHING! middle or long term? Yet to be seen (and this is AFTER 50+ years of first landing on the moon)! Goodness GRACIOUS it took 15 friggin' pages for you to admit that it does NOTHING in the short term for the common man!
I did tell you after 50 years what it did for common man, didn't I? NASA's page?

India's CURRENT exploration? In short terms I doubt anything. But in long term. May be.

r common man, didn't I? NASA's page?
seriously dude? $220 billion dollars later, the common man got teflon, light weight breathing apparatus & a battery powered monkey...could've been achieved $220 million! :lol:

seriously dude? $220 billion dollars later, the common man got teflon, light weight breathing apparatus & a battery powered monkey...could've been achieved $220 million! :lol:
If it were possible it would have. It didn’t happen. :lol:

If it were possible it would have. It didn’t happen. :lol:
Once again, a dead on arrival argument, so SO many inventions came about before going to the moon that were far more complex than the ones listed.

is this guy serious? can't fix "earth-based" agricultural problems, so they'll expand it space...why am I even dignifying such stupidity with comments...:what:
I never imagined problem is so deep .. Ignorance is such a bliss for some people..

It is part of the human spirit and condition to surmount any and all challenges. It's the reason men die climbing mountains. Not every activity has an obvious immediate monetary gain but is rather a stepping stone to something far greater.
It is this very spirit, outlook and attitude of exploration, enquiry and adventure that has propelled the West to where it stands today and it is the very same introverted, narrow minded, jaundiced view being expressed in this thread that has held us back and condemned us to the servitude of the West.
The views expressed by some Pakistani posters on this thread are beginning to sound like sour grapes.
It's time we stopped digging and accepted our own shortcomings as a starting point to our own progress.

I never imagined problem is so deep .. Ignorance is such a bliss for some people..
yeah I know right? ain't it though? just go to the moon, planet mars or planet uranus and all the world problems will just automagically fix themSELVES!
xaf5iw8nvqny.jpg

ok well you just put yourself under the spot light. explain to me how is it "logical" to spend hundreds of billions on going to another planet and then spending hundreds of billions more on making that planet habitable when you can spend a FRACTION of those hundreds of billions on doing scientific research on making THIS planet better and cleaner? Further explain to me how thinking of ways of making this planet a better place is not scientific dreaming?
Everything starts as an experiment...
Even if it takes more money.
Who said space science can't make your life on Earth better ...
Do you know about solar flares and how they effect communication satellites.
Do you know how asteroids lurk in grey zones in solar system .one such asteroid will send all of us to Graves and earth to ice age

Back
Top Bottom