3562468451_dd1da35bee_b.jpg

Theraphosa-blondi_3.jpg

attachment.php

male-spot-subadult-male-theraphosa--large-msg-117712151999.jpg

gblondi1.JPG

araign%C3%A9e.jpg

9430503217_d75cf1c740_z.jpg

Look at the fangs on that bastard:o:

WHO THE F**K HOLD THIS THING, HOLY CRAP.
THE SIGHT OF THAT THING SCARED ME AND THIS GUY IS HOLDING IT.

WHO THE F**K HOLD THIS THING, HOLY CRAP.
THE SIGHT OF THAT THING SCARED ME AND THIS GUY IS HOLDING IT.

Just for the info, those pictures are of a Theraphosa Blondi, which I think is the same species as the one described in the OP.

However, IIRC the Theraphosa Blondi is only the SECOND biggest bird eater.

Again if IIRC, the biggest one is the Theraphosa Apophysis. Notice the color.

attachment.php

466335.jpg

img2936largeik1.jpg

tapophysisl902.jpg

tapophysisl901.jpg

1422.gif

Just for the info, those pictures are of a Theraphosa Blondi, which I think is the same species as the one described in the OP.

attachment.php

466335.jpg

img2936largeik1.jpg

tapophysisl902.jpg

tapophysisl901.jpg

1422.gif
Ohh mann. It's the hair on spiders that make them look scary.

1311342334367.gif

i didn't understand this part... if the bowl was upturned over the spider, did it lift the bowl and then escape??
Not sure. Maybe he is unsure whether the spider has escaped or not? I wonder how he searched online.

Not sure. Maybe he is unsure whether the spider has escaped or not? I wonder how he searched online.

yes... either he is confused or the reporter mixed up the details... and he would have searched fearfully, i imagine, because this is what i found immediately... spider bites...

attachment.php

466335.jpg

img2936largeik1.jpg

tapophysisl902.jpg
556734_618187594880787_1145447130_a.jpg
556734_618187594880787_1145447130_a.jpg

tapophysisl901.jpg

1422.gif

muff83pt0vcc8w15bspf.jpg

Have you had any nightmares, lately? Would you like some? Then you'll love the South American Goliath birdeater. This furry spider is the size of a puppy, and thanks to hard claws on the tips of its foot-long legs, it makes a horrifying clicking sound when it scampers through the forest.

Harvard etymologist Piotr Naskrecki recently spotted a Goliath birdeater in Guyana. He was actually hunting for katydids but instead he enjoyed the pleasure of meeting a puppy-sized spider.

buhqvexubdyuntpmtyid.jpg

At first, Naskrecki thought it was a possum. Then, like any good scientiest would do when spotting a rare species, he lunged at it. This was a mistake:

Every time I got too close to the birdeater it would do three things. First, the spider would start rubbing its hind legs against the hairy abdomen. "Oh, how cute!", I thought when I first saw this adorable behavior, until a cloud of urticating hair hit my eyeballs, and made me itch and cry for several days.

But wait, there's more:

If that wasn't enough, the arachnid would rear its front legs and open its enormous fangs, capable of puncturing a mouse's skull, and tried to jab me with the pointy implements.

Let's review. Curious scientist strolls through Amazonian rainforest encounters puppy-sized spider with claw-shaped hooves, repeatedly approaches beast only to be sprayed in the eyeballs with "a cloud of urticating hair" and then the fangs came out.

Enjoy the nightmares—and never go wandering through the rainforest at night.

throgkeddisb0jcjyjeo.jpg

(from Gizmodo, Pictures belong to Piotr Naskrecki)

* My Comments;

This was my reaction;

there-was-a-spider-i-panicked.jpg

my neighbor has this size spider hanging from his tree, as a holoween scare

Back
Top Bottom