What's new

The Last Stand - Air War 1971

I still wish to see Union of Islamic Republic of Pakistan one day in my life but surely bengalis have got taste of Indian friendship daily BSF kills them and not even one bullet is fired from Bengali Border Guards but at the end my grandfather's friend told me that Muktis along with indian forces were killing and raping bengali masses so coldly that more then 50% bengalis who wanted united Pakistan even not dared to stand actually porous border was main advantage of India along with hindu population.
I am sure thats why Hamidoor Rehman Commision Report never got published.... right?

Hmm. just fyi calling me a kid doesn't make your ridiculousness more assertive... Unfortunately the due to weak understanding of history you might not comprehend the difference between agreed Pakistan territories and princely states, but then again I don't blame you, poor comprehension is given when it comes to such threads and members encountered...

It's good to see members here openly being critical of M.A Jinah and his vision for pakistan...

the opinion is same as far as im concern.

I am sure thats why Hamidoor Rehman Commision Report never got published.... right?
Many of Indians think that it is not published becasue of rape and murder cases which India together with Rawami pimps propagates but truth is that report puts blame on Army and Political figures about there failure to defend nation.PA did stopped Abbottabad commission report because of same fact,it shows utter incompetence of top Brass that why these reports are never made public.. @syedali73 correct me sir if i am wrong

Many of Indians think that it is not published becasue of rape and murder cases which India together with Rawami pimps propagates but truth is that report puts blame on Army and Political figures about there failure to defend nation.PA did stopped Abbottabad commission report because of same fact,it shows utter incompetence of top Brass that why these reports are never made public.. @syedali73 correct me sir if i am wrong
You are right. Both the civil and military leadership was held responsible for the fiasco and therefore the report was never made public. Anyway it is available on the internet and those who claim it was not published because of rhe crimes against Bengalis should at least read it before reaching to their favourite conclusions.

A political mess, decided on a battle field, what a shame!
Pakistan Army and Air force did what they could under the circumstances. There is no shame in surrendering I think Gen. Niazi did the right thing, the Eastern Garrison was practically abandoned by the GHQ Rawalpindi. But what really hurts is all the innocent civilians on both side paid a heavy price for this conflict.

It got published in Musharaf's era.
Can be downloaded from internet as a pdf file as well.
Nothing special in it as we already knew most of the things in that report as our authors who wrote about 1971 mentioned more or less the same.

You are right. Both the civil and military leadership was held responsible for the fiasco and therefore the report was never made public. Anyway it is available on the internet and those who claim it was not published because of rhe crimes against Bengalis should at least read it before reaching to their favourite conclusions.
Sir ji report can be downloaded from internet as a pdf file easily as it has been made public.
It mentions crimes of army as well.
The book of Brig Siddiqe Salik mentions more or less the same things.
But the crimes committed by our army were not anywhere close to what Bengali history says.
Hamood ar Rehman's report does half of the work fine but still it absolves some people of their crimes while blames some others unnecessarily.

Not only East pakistan,India gained additional territories in western front which was never returned to pak so all in all 70s was the memorable decade for India

support your claim.
Sure

but its strange you guys are not aware of the fact that India occupied strategic pakistani territory in 1971 including Tiger hill and Tololing heights which helped us in the capture of Siachen in 80s ... This is from Brig Javed Hussain former SSG..since you wont believe indian sources

In October 1947, following the announcement of Kashmir’s accession to India, the Gilgit Scouts, a predominantly Muslim force raised by the British for internal security, revolted against the Dogras, and in a series of daring actions in1948 captured Kargil, Drass, Zoji La Pass and Skardu. However, in November 1948, Zoji La Pass and Kargil were recaptured by the Indians while the Kargil heights remained with the Gilgit Scouts.

During the Rann of Kutch conflict, these heights were captured by the Indians for the first time on May 17, 1965, for use as a bargaining counter in the negotiations. As a result of the agreement reached, the heights were returned to Pakistan in June 1965. In the first week of August 1965, Operation Gibraltar was launched. One of the areas used by the infiltrating force was the Kargil heights. To block these routes, the Indians captured the heights for the second time in the third week of August 1965. But after the signing of the Tashkent Agreement, the heights were once again returned to Pakistan.

On the outbreak of war on the western front on December 3, 1971, the Indians captured the heights for the third time on December 9, 1971. This time, however, they retained the heights in line with the Shimla Agreement under which the violable Cease Fire Line (CFL), created in December 1948 on cessation of hostilities in Kashmir, was converted into an inviolable Line of Control (LoC), on the basis of actual possession of territory at the time of the ceasefire in December 1971. When the Indians captured the heights on three different occasions, the Pakistani force that was overwhelmed, consisted mostly of lightly armed, inadequately equipped Karakoram and Gilgit Scouts, both paramilitary outfits.

the muktis were 175,000 strong insurgents... rest EP was attacked by 6 divs of indian amry...local support actually paved the way for EP fall as indian paratroopers welcomed by Dhaka residents.. in the end BD is anyway not friendly with India.. I have no idea why all neighbors have issues with india even Nepal...!!!
P.N.. For those who will say Pak is functioning 'malicious' activities through Nepal, again w/o local support its not possible so local had resentment at first place...

the muktis were 175,000 strong insurgents... rest EP was attacked by 6 divs of indian amry...local support actually paved the way for EP fall as indian paratroopers welcomed by Dhaka residents.. in the end BD is anyway not friendly with India.. I have no idea why all neighbors have issues with india even Nepal...!!!
P.N.. For those who will say Pak is functioning 'malicious' activities through Nepal, again w/o local support its not possible so local had resentment at first place...
Then pakistan should have captured western territory of India to be used as Bargain Chip but pak army commanders misrably failed in western theatre also ....for example battle of longevala..Battle of BP 628 etc

And plZ dont even mention nepal if you dont know the nature of India nepal relations

example battle of longevala..Battle of BP 628 etc

And plZ dont even mention nepal if you dont know the nature of India nepal relations
yeah... army launched that frustratingly at last as PAF already warned its limitation to provide air support in that theater.
anyway IAF is responsible for that triumph and idk india would have left EP if Pak has scored some town in rajistan...
at the moment idk much abt Nepal, but for sure india don't trust nepal or nepalis... as much of Ghorkas are not given higher ranks in indian army...

yeah... army launched that frustratingly at last as PAF already warned its limitation to provide air support in that theater.
anyway IAF is responsible for that triumph and idk india would have left EP if Pak has scored some town in rajistan...
at the moment idk much abt Nepal, but for sure india don't trust nepal or nepalis... as much of Ghorkas are not given higher ranks in indian army...
That is incorrect

More gurkhas lives in India than Nepal they are part of our society just like Afghans are of Pakistan plus Nepal is one of two country which we share open borders ....no visa no nothing

Back
Top Bottom