What's new

The Iraqi Armed Forces

Some updates.

Iraqi forces in general are slowly reorganizing and recovering from the war. Intensive training is ongoing as well as repairing old equipment. Nothing significant on any new arms deals. Corruption is as it was. Lack of automated monitoring allowing for corrupt officers to keep tens of thousands of dollars through in their contracts. Overall the military is more capable and operational than before. However lack of political leadership and anti-corruption moves are limiting it from achieving its full potential.

Anti-terrorism operations are ongoing. IS groups are being put down faster than they can regroup. Most IS elements don’t have safe havens inside towns or cities so they choose isolated areas such as mountain caves, desert valleys and farms to organize and meet.

Here’s some of the continuous operations against IS elements.

Some updates.

Iraqi forces in general are slowly reorganizing and recovering from the war. Intensive training is ongoing as well as repairing old equipment. Nothing significant on any new arms deals. Corruption is as it was. Lack of automated monitoring allowing for corrupt officers to keep tens of thousands of dollars through in their contracts. Overall the military is more capable and operational than before. However lack of political leadership and anti-corruption moves are limiting it from achieving its full potential.

Anti-terrorism operations are ongoing. IS groups are being put down faster than they can regroup. Most IS elements don’t have safe havens inside towns or cities so they choose isolated areas such as mountain caves, desert valleys and farms to organize and meet.

Here’s some of the continuous operations against IS elements.

Has logistics made any improvements? Rarely hear from the non infantry roles in the Iraqi army, even though it’s the backbone of any army. The lack of automated logs probably is effecting logistics too.

Any thoughts on the demotion of Lt. Gen. Abdul-Wahab al-Saadi and how it will effect the growth of the Iraqi army?

I recently spoke to some members of the Iraqi army and discussed some concepts of the Iraqi army. From what I’ve gathered. Basic training for non-officer soldiers is 3 months long. Officer training is 3 years. And artillery school and armor school is 6 months. We also spoke about the 51,090 soldiers that were recently reinstated. I was told the total number of Iraqi soldiers is now 120,000. If anyone can verify or add to this information it’d be greatly appreciated .

I recently spoke to some members of the Iraqi army and discussed some concepts of the Iraqi army. From what I’ve gathered. Basic training for non-officer soldiers is 3 months long. Officer training is 3 years. And artillery school and armor school is 6 months. We also spoke about the 51,090 soldiers that were recently reinstated. I was told the total number of Iraqi soldiers is now 120,000. If anyone can verify or add to this information it’d be greatly appreciated .

of which 120.000 Iraqi soldiers passed through US-led coalition training, not all soldiers passed through this training as far as I know.

Iraqi police was always a much larger force than the army post 2004, whether that is still the case I do not know.

of which 120.000 Iraqi soldiers passed through US-led coalition training, not all soldiers passed through this training as far as I know.

Iraqi police was always a much larger force than the army post 2004, whether that is still the case I do not know.

I’m not sure how many did but he just told me there was 120,000 total now just in the army. I’m not sure how many are in the police force I’ll see if I can find some police officers on social media. But I am wondering what the total number is for the whole ministry of defense. If anyone has an information or estimates that will also be gladly appreciated

Any updates on Qwat Khasah?

1st Qwat al-Khasah Special Mission Company, an elite Iraqi Ministry of Defense force, conducted its first partnered mission with Coalition Special Operation Forces in Tarmiyah, Iraq, Nov. 23, 2019. The QK SMC led a partnered clearance operation targeted two Daesh bed down locations to deny the terrorist group safe haven.

"The Qwat al-Khasah is an elite force with specialized training. They give the Iraqi MOD more capability to raid ISIS remnants," said Brig. Gen. Yahya Rasool, Iraqi MOD spokesman

The operation involved a small arms enemy engagement, but no reported Coalition injuries.

QK was recently assessed as a viable partner for Iraq-focused, counter-terrorism missions with Special Operations Joint Task force – Operation Inherent Resolve. This first successful partnered counter-terrorism mission marks the continual strengthening of the Iraqi Security Forces.

"We remain committed to providing the necessary training, advice, and assistance to the Iraqi Security Forces," said U.S. Air Force Maj. Gen. Eric T. Hill, SOJTF-OIR commander. "The Iraqi security forces are taking the fight to Daesh."

The Qwat al-Khasah, Arabic for "Special Forces," is a highly trained and specialized infantry unit, similar to the U.S. Army Rangers, with expertise in small unit tactics for counter-terrorism operations.

According to the Iraqi MoD Facebook page, the Qwat al-Khasah can be rapidly deployed via ground or air within 24-72 hours throughout Iraq to seize, clear, and hold terrain.

The QK School was first stood up in 2015 and the now fully operational 1st Qwat al-Khasah Battalion was formed in November 2017, with an additional two battalions formed since then. The 2nd Qwat al-Khasah Battalion and 3rd Qwat al-Khasah Battalion are expected to be fully operational by the end of 2020.

The 1st and 2nd QK battalions have been used in small operations since 2018 while concurrently going through training. They are known as the reserve force within the Iraqi MoD to support and strengthen Iraqi Army and other Iraqi Security Forces.

https://www.inherentresolve.mil/Rel...iraq-ministry-of-defense-deploys-elite-force/

1st Qwat al-Khasah Special Mission Company, an elite Iraqi Ministry of Defense force, conducted its first partnered mission with Coalition Special Operation Forces in Tarmiyah, Iraq, Nov. 23, 2019. The QK SMC led a partnered clearance operation targeted two Daesh bed down locations to deny the terrorist group safe haven.

"The Qwat al-Khasah is an elite force with specialized training. They give the Iraqi MOD more capability to raid ISIS remnants," said Brig. Gen. Yahya Rasool, Iraqi MOD spokesman

The operation involved a small arms enemy engagement, but no reported Coalition injuries.

QK was recently assessed as a viable partner for Iraq-focused, counter-terrorism missions with Special Operations Joint Task force – Operation Inherent Resolve. This first successful partnered counter-terrorism mission marks the continual strengthening of the Iraqi Security Forces.

"We remain committed to providing the necessary training, advice, and assistance to the Iraqi Security Forces," said U.S. Air Force Maj. Gen. Eric T. Hill, SOJTF-OIR commander. "The Iraqi security forces are taking the fight to Daesh."

The Qwat al-Khasah, Arabic for "Special Forces," is a highly trained and specialized infantry unit, similar to the U.S. Army Rangers, with expertise in small unit tactics for counter-terrorism operations.

According to the Iraqi MoD Facebook page, the Qwat al-Khasah can be rapidly deployed via ground or air within 24-72 hours throughout Iraq to seize, clear, and hold terrain.

The QK School was first stood up in 2015 and the now fully operational 1st Qwat al-Khasah Battalion was formed in November 2017, with an additional two battalions formed since then. The 2nd Qwat al-Khasah Battalion and 3rd Qwat al-Khasah Battalion are expected to be fully operational by the end of 2020.

The 1st and 2nd QK battalions have been used in small operations since 2018 while concurrently going through training. They are known as the reserve force within the Iraqi MoD to support and strengthen Iraqi Army and other Iraqi Security Forces.

https://www.inherentresolve.mil/Rel...iraq-ministry-of-defense-deploys-elite-force/

I saw this on the Facebook page the other day. They look good. However, they are not funded like ICTF. They recently ditched the k2c rifle for the m4 but I honestly think they should switch to the sig551 and let the army get a hold of more m4s to fulfill the need for more infantry soldiers. They also should use the old 36commando battalion uniform as there primaries. But ICTF won’t let them go. I spoke to some special forces guys and they still buy some of their equipment sometimes. They’re very well trained though.

I saw this on the Facebook page the other day. They look good. However, they are not funded like ICTF. They recently ditched the k2c rifle for the m4 but I honestly think they should switch to the sig551 and let the army get a hold of more m4s to fulfill the need for more infantry soldiers. They also should use the old 36commando battalion uniform as there primaries. But ICTF won’t let them go. I spoke to some special forces guys and they still buy some of their equipment sometimes. They’re very well trained though.

True, ISOF has its own ministry level branch whereas this group is part of the army. the whole idea of Australia and the US for developing this group is to have ISOF focus on recon and other SF type missions rather than large-scale assault operations. This force is supposed to take over those large scale assault operations, but before they actually replace ISOF for that will take years.

True, ISOF has its own ministry level branch whereas this group is part of the army. the whole idea of Australia and the US for developing this group is to have ISOF focus on recon and other SF type missions rather than large-scale assault operations. This force is supposed to take over those large scale assault operations, but before they actually replace ISOF for that will take years.

True. They are the 75th rangers of Iraq. Interesting how they ditched the Korean k2 rifles. I spoke to one member and he said they aren’t reliable. I’d vouch for the sig 551 for them. Beautiful Swiss rifle.

True. They are the 75th rangers of Iraq. Interesting how they ditched the Korean k2 rifles. I spoke to one member and he said they aren’t reliable. I’d vouch for the sig 551 for them. Beautiful Swiss rifle.

Can I ask how do you speak to them, are you inside Iraq

Can I ask how do you speak to them, are you inside Iraq

Instagram. Tons of of them are on their. They take a lot of pictures[emoji23] and their captions are kinda hard to translate. But they are genuinely open to my questions. I have a pretty good connect for ICTF

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom