What's new

The Iraq War is over, USA heading home.

I see you got suckered into believing the oh-so-omnipotent CIA and Saddam connection...:lol:

Amazon.com: Saddam Hussein: The Politics of Revenge (9781582340500): Said K. Aburish: Books

Let me know if you are truly interested in being debunked by those who knew Saddam and what exactly happened.

Look at the sources in the wikipedia I linked there are many trustworthy sources like the New York Times and PBS.

Just because you read one piece of shitty revisionist literature does not mean that it is true.

The CIA links between Saddam in 1960's are pretty damn clear.

Almost 2 million Iraqis dead, no WMD's found, a whole country destroyed (billions dollars worth of damage done) and now they withdraw!

How about the millions the Taliban have killed in Pakistan last year, I mean if we are just going to throw numbers around,, whats the point. If you would be interested in Iraqis deaths here is a reliable site http://www.iraqbodycount.org/database/Iraq Body Count. If you will notice most Iraqis are being killed by other Iraqis and groups supported by Iran.

http://www.iraqbodycount.org/database/

This site gives each death day by day, take a look and see how far you have to go find a death caused by an americcan and how many deaths were by americans.

Who was it that wanted the americans when Saddam invaded Kuwait. Whom was asked to defend the most holy sites in Islam from Saddam.
US Allies in the Gulf War..
Kuwait
Saudi Arabia
Egypt
United Arab Emirates
Syria
Morocco
Qatar
Oman
Pakistan

Now if you want some one that really did kill a couple millions talk to Saddam
Saddams:
Kill tally: Approaching two million, including between 150,000 and 340,000 Iraqi and between 450,000 and 730,000 Iranian combatants killed during the Iran-Iraq War. An estimated 1,000 Kuwaiti nationals killed following the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait. No conclusive figures for the number of Iraqis killed during the Gulf War, with estimates varying from as few as 1,500 to as many as 200,000. Over 100,000 Kurds killed or "disappeared". No reliable figures for the number of Iraqi dissidents and Shia Muslims killed during Saddam's reign, though estimates put the figure between 60,000 and 150,000. (Mass graves discovered following the US occupation of Iraq in 2003 suggest that the total combined figure for Kurds, Shias and dissidents killed could be as high as 300,000). Approximately 500,000 Iraqi children dead because of international trade sanctions introduced following the Gulf War.
http://www.moreorless.au.com/killers/hussein.html

Approximately 500,000 Iraqi children dead because of international trade sanctions introduced following the Gulf War, which I doubt but because Saddam spent oil money allowed by the UN for palaces and the miliary rather then food or medicine.

Last edited:
Look at the sources in the wikipedia I linked there are many trustworthy sources like the New York Times and PBS.

Just because you read one piece of shitty revisionist literature does not mean that it is true.

The CIA links between Saddam in 1960's are pretty damn clear.
Many of the popular press are 'circular referenced', meaning they cite each other to varying degree in terms of verbiage, not genuine investigations. Said K. Aburish was Saddam's WEAPONS shopping manager from the start of his regime to the end. Aburish arranged meetings between Iraqi agents and various European governments and arms manufacturers. Some were open and some were clandestine. But why do you think the bulk of the Iraqi military was Soviet sourced?

Saddam Hussein came to power in Iraq via Syrian Baathists. As far as the CIA connection goes, IF he did have any contacts at all with the oh-so-scary CIA, it would have been nothing more than a finance officer. It was not as if the CIA got a glimpsed of young Saddam Hussein and said: 'Ah ha...Here is our man for Iraq.' When I was active duty, once I lunched with a CIA officer while both of us were waiting for a flight out of Dover AFB. Does that make me a 'CIA' agent now? :lol:

Many of the popular press are 'circular referenced', meaning they cite each other to varying degree in terms of verbiage, not genuine investigations. Said K. Aburish was Saddam's WEAPONS shopping manager from the start of his regime to the end. Aburish arranged meetings between Iraqi agents and various European governments and arms manufacturers. Some were open and some were clandestine. But why do you think the bulk of the Iraqi military was Soviet sourced?

Saddam Hussein came to power in Iraq via Syrian Baathists. As far as the CIA connection goes, IF he did have any contacts at all with the oh-so-scary CIA, it would have been nothing more than a finance officer. It was not as if the CIA got a glimpsed of young Saddam Hussein and said: 'Ah ha...Here is our man for Iraq.' When I was active duty, once I lunched with a CIA officer while both of us were waiting for a flight out of Dover AFB. Does that make me a 'CIA' agent now? :lol:

Said Aburish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This guy is just a reporter, not a weapon shopping manager. Are you ******* kidding me?

Said Aburish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This guy is just a reporter, not a weapon shopping manager. Are you ******* kidding me?
Nope...I am enlightening you. Am doing you a favor to remove the blinders from your eyes.

Amazon.com: Saddam Hussein: The Politics of Revenge (9781582340500): Said K. Aburish: Books
Chapter 6 Marching to Halabja

Where my own efforts were concerned, I reported to Dalloul on 16 January 1976 that Herr Hennig of the German company MAN was willing to cooperate with us on building atomic power stations. In 1978 Snia Technit, the little-known subsidiary of Fiat in Italy, signed an agreement. Any doubt that Saddam ultimately intended to build an atomic weapon disappeared with the Italian deal, which also must have been known to Western intelligence sources. The equipment that Snia was providing would not have been needed for the peaceful use of nuclear reactors.
That was Ramzi Dalloul. Look him up. The CIA installed Saddam Hussein in Iraq? :lol: You have been soundly suckered.

Nope...I am enlightening you. Am doing you a favor to remove the blinders from your eyes.

That was Ramzi Dalloul. Look him up. The CIA installed Saddam Hussein in Iraq? :lol: You have been soundly suckered.

Sorry I trust the words of Robert Morris better than the testimony of some guy, who has no evidence of his own existence other than a couple of mentions in revisionist literature.

Ex-U.S. Official Says CIA Aided Baathists

CIA offers no comment on Iraq coup allegations
by David Morgan

PHILADELPHIA�If the United States succeeds in shepherding the creation of a post-war Iraqi government, a former National Security Council official says, it won't be the first time that Washington has played a primary role in changing that country's rulers.

Roger Morris, a former State Department foreign service officer who was on the NSC staff during the Johnson and Nixon administrations, says the CIA had a hand in two coups in Iraq during the darkest days of the Cold War, including a 1968 putsch that set Saddam Hussein firmly on the path to power.

Sorry I trust the words of Robert Morris better than the testimony of some guy, who has no evidence of his own existence other than a couple of mentions in revisionist literature.

CIA offers no comment on Iraq coup allegations
by David Morgan

PHILADELPHIA�If the United States succeeds in shepherding the creation of a post-war Iraqi government, a former National Security Council official says, it won't be the first time that Washington has played a primary role in changing that country's rulers.

Roger Morris, a former State Department foreign service officer who was on the NSC staff during the Johnson and Nixon administrations, says the CIA had a hand in two coups in Iraq during the darkest days of the Cold War, including a 1968 putsch that set Saddam Hussein firmly on the path to power.
In Egypt, young Saddam Hussein was just one of the many Iraqi exiles that the Egyptian government sheltered and monitored. So of course the CIA would have an interest in this group. The only reason why Morris would mention Saddam is because of the prominence of today's Saddam, not that the CIA noticed something extraordinary about young Saddam Hussein at that time. Not much critical thinking, I see.

It was not the CIA but the founder of Baathism, Michel Aflaq, who used his prominence to mentor and eventually morally supported the installation of Saddam Hussein in Iraq...

Michel Aflaq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
On 23 February 1966 a bloody coup d'état led by right wing extremists, a radical Ba'athist faction headed by Chief of Staff Salah Jadid, overthrew the Syrian Government. A late warning telegram of the coup d'état was sent from President Gamal Abdel Nasser to Nasim Al Safarjalani (The General Secretary of Presidential Council), on the early morning of the coup d'état. The coup sprung out of factional rivalry between Jadid's "regionalist" (qutri) camp of the Ba'ath Party, which promoted ambitions for a Greater Syria and the more traditionally pan-Arab, in power faction, called the "nationalist" (qawmi) fraction. Jadid's supporters were also seen as more radically right-wing. Members of the party's other fractions fled; Aflaq was captured and detained, along with other members of the party's historic leadership, in a government guest house.[3] When the new rulers launched a purge in August that year, Aflaq managed to make his escape, with the help of Nasim Al Safarjalani and Malek Bashour, both close trusted friends and colleagues, and hence was able to flee to Beirut.[4] Aflaq accepted the post of secretary-general of the Baghdad-based Baath party in 1968. He visited Iraq for short stays until taking residence there in the 1980s. He retained his post as secretary-general, although it was largely a formality, as real power was in the hand of assistant secretary-general Saddam Hussein. Aflaq died in Paris on June 23, 1989, following heart surgery.
The CIA installed Saddam Hussein in Iraq? :lol: You got suckered big time.

Was the war worth it?

Saddam and the baathist are gone and that is a good thing. Saddam is directly responsible for the deaths of at least 2 million people inside and outside of Iraq. I think its safe to say his hanging was good.

Another unintended but direct result of the war is the death of Sunni Arab jihadists. By the end of 2007 Al Queda in Iraq was recruiting from North Africa as most of the local gulf arabs pre-disposed to jihad had been killed. How do you measure the added stability in the region do to the loss of an extremist generation.

The shia marsh Arabs are no longer facing genocide via the destruction of their historic marshlands.

The Kurdish regions are positively booming.

Iraq's 70's era oil and energy infrastructure has been made modern.

The inevitable shia/sunni clash that had been going on under Saddam picked up speed during the occupation, but US and allied troops kept a repeat of Bosnia and its concentration camps from occurring. Thus despite the claims, only around 100,000 people actually died from war between 2003-10. Compare this to the 300,000 in 3 months in Rawanda to see how bad it could have been.

While Iraq is not a paradise its not the hell it was under Saddam or could have been if Saddam's fall had not occurred with an occupying army to keep a lid on the violence.

Let us not forget that Saddam invaded three of his neighbors, used poison gas on Iranians and his own citizens, supported suicide bombers that derailed the Oslo accords and spent a decade defyign the UN and the world's call for him to disarm his military forces and stop threatening his neighbors.

It's too early to determine whether this war was a success or a failure. If there are still American bases there and the Iraqui Gov't has become stable and democratic a few years from now, then one can say that the war was a success. If somehow enemies take over the Iraqui Gov't and remove the rest of the American troops from the country, then the Second Gulf War would have been just another Vietnam. But right now the Iraqui war is (or was) a political loss. Who knows how things will shape a few years from now. We may have a new foothold in the Middle East. But yeah... it was a nasty and confusing war. You gotta have sympathy for the Iraquis who were the true victims.

How about the millions the Taliban have killed in Pakistan last year, I mean if we are just going to throw numbers around,, whats the point.

What the hell does Pakistan and the Taliban have anything to do with Iraq? Stop uttering BS and stay on topic!

Worth 2-3 million dead iraqis,war torn iraq,far spread insurgency,now a hub of alqaeda,failed state,abu gharib,millions of iraq refugees,rape,sodomy n murder cases on NATO soldiers.,,,,nothin left..no WMDS?? WOW Thanks for liberating IRAQ.

Worth 2-3 million dead iraqis,war torn iraq,far spread insurgency,now a hub of alqaeda,failed state,abu gharib,millions of iraq refugees,rape,sodomy n murder cases on NATO soldiers.,,,,nothin left..no WMDS?? WOW Thanks for liberating IRAQ.
This I agree with you. Iraq war was a waste of time, money and more specific, lives. Iraq lost its WMD capability when Israelis finished their Osirak nuclear plant for bombs. If he had biological and chemical warfare weapons, I think most middle level non-nuclear countries with significant scientific capabilities have it.

No one was in any danger from Iraq. The show of money simply became a costly mess that even now USA is struggling to come out with. :frown:

Jan 2006
Survey
"Thinking about any hardships you might have suffered since the US-Britain invasion, do you personally think that ousting Saddam Hussein was worth it or not?"
77 percent of Iraqis think it was worth it.
The Sunnis regret the end of apartheid, but if we exclude them, 91 percent of Kurds say it was worth it, and 98 percent of Shias say it was worth it.
http://markhumphrys.com/iraq.html

but who cares what the Iraqis want?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom