What's new

The greatest gift Chinese people ever gave to Pakistan for which many died: Karakoram Highway KKH

Even a greater gift is the train link, that would be an even greater accomplishment , and an unbelievable achievement.

I think the train link will be a huge undertaking with almost unfathomable challenges.

Dont forget the work of FWO.. who worked even in brutal winters to complete the project....

P.S: The first pic without a doubt is from Balochistan-KPK road and not KKH.

bro plz read again I quoted the 800 Pakistanis died [official no.s:locals, army as well as FWO] actually it is estimated 5000+ died during construction this was the condition reduced percentage of oxygen, changing weather and landslides with huge stones enough to wipe out houses but it was their country and they were suppose to finish it which they could'nt. The remarkable thing are the Chinese workers from a poor nation [at that time with limited resources] not only financed the project but to fulfill it came into aid Pakistanis in the most difficult territory and another country. This is the chinese cemetery that holds the 100s of heroes who died during construction of roads. This is located in Danyor Gilgit,

Chinese-graveyard-Danyore-Gilgit-2.jpg

Saw it in 2013 in english daily, unaware of its history, felt perplexed why they build it like a war memorial. It is looked after by locals.
Now get to understand that these are actually heroes for Pakistan as much as China.

KKH did wonders for the Gilgit-Baltistan region bringing in prosperity and making it a trading hub , starting in 1980s and brought Xinjiang-GB closer. Apart from China, Pakistan also got connected to Central Asian states.Pakistan benefited hugely and has been placed at the centre geopolitically due to this link.

KKH would've been impossible and undoable if Chinese workers would not have got involved. They treated it as a challenge and accomplished it.

The real hero of Pak-China ties as well as building of the most difficult highway in the world is Zhou Enlai, the Chinese Premier.

Last edited:
One of the most dangerous roads in the world. How's the condition of this road on PakistanI side these days?
A true engineering marvel.

KKH was initially built as a military route..in case Indians decide to invade AJK...the route was to be used for Chinese troop and weapon movement..

such amazing video, thanks for the share.
someone should also translate that in english, anyway subtitles worked fine for me...
there was an old PTV drama as well on this project i forgot its name. if someone remember please share i will love to watch it again.

------------------------------------------
Long live Pakistan
Love Pakistan or Leave Pakistan
:pakistan:

Now this is friendship. We dont speak the same language, dont share the culture and religion, even the food is poles apart. But the relations are based pn mutual trust and respect, where we both benefit and no controversy or rona dhona, dhokebazi has ever happened between us. Its so easy to be friends with you China thankyou.

Back
Top Bottom