What's new

The Ghazal Thread

devil'sadvocate

New Recruit

Reaction score
I thought the forum was missing a thread about the most beautiful form of poetry in the Urdu language...

I'll start off with a classic by Faiz Ahmed Faiz, Sung beautifully by Nayyara Noor...

Last edited by a moderator:
The majestic Abida Parveen.

Lyrics : Asghar Gondvi.

A gem bu Ghulam Ali...

Lyrics : Maulana Hasrat Mohani

I am looking for the ghazal or qawali which says (tu payar hay kisi aur ka, tujhe chahta koye aur hay - tu pasand hay kisi aur ki, tujhe mangta koye aur hay).

I tried to search it on google but I get the Indian movie version always. I want the original ghazal or qawali sung by two pakistanis together (I dont remember the names of the singers)

I am looking for the ghazal or qawali which says (tu payar hay kisi aur ka, tujhe chahta koye aur hay - tu pasand hay kisi aur ki, tujhe mangta koye aur hay).

I tried to search it on google but I get the Indian movie version always. I want the original ghazal or qawali sung by two pakistanis together (I dont remember the names of the singers)

Hi Al Bhatti, If I am not wrong then that qawwali is sung by Sabri brothers and that is with me somewhere in my collection. I will try to find, upload and share the same with you.

i have some VERY good ones which I will upload tomorrow and share with u guys

This is my all time favorite.

Amazing lyrics, lovely memories..a great hear every time.

Back
Top Bottom