What's new

The Future of Kashmir? "Seven" Possible Solutions!

I have nothing to talk to with any of you because you keep harping on the same points over and over! Think ahead!

i have been to ladakh they are so friendly people and there isn't any thing you mentioned there
if you get a chance please visit its very beautiful place
and about kashmir valley you cannot do nothing if there is a such a thing

have u been to the kashmir valley?
the population of muslims in ladkh increased due to fleeing kashmiris to escape violence in the kashmir valley
thats how bad it is

I have nothing to talk to with any of you because you keep harping on the same points over and over! Think ahead!

in order to move ahead our past and especially our present plays big roles
so think present and past first before u tell people to think ahead

I ask the Indian members stay off this thread till Agnostic Muslim and the Others come in, because this Thread is going no where with the current set of discussions, We started this to bridge Gaps, Not build barriers and Go back to SQUARE ONE.

The problem in Kashmir is an old one and unfortunatelky out of the focus in view of other more urgent issues. To those who think it is an integral part of India, the current situation should be an eye opener. If you think that this is just an outside interference, then think again as the ;local people are dying in this struggle and it engges hundreds of thousands of Indian troops. For Pakistan, it is an issue of survival due to our water resources being sourced from there. However, Pakistani perception of Kashmir as a part of Pakistan is unreal as the wishes of the people are now different.
The solution lies somewhere in between the two wishes and possibly in an autonomous Kashmir which governs itself under joint governance of INDO_PAK. Any other solution will cause acrimony and a war to sort the problem will leave a rather charred Sub continent which I am sure both Governments will be eagreto avoid. The trick is to keep India involved in both political and other endeavours to reach a mutually acceptable solution.
WaSalam
Araz

The problem in Kashmir is an old one and unfortunatelky out of the focus in view of other more urgent issues. To those who think it is an integral part of India, the current situation should be an eye opener. If you think that this is just an outside interference, then think again as the ;local people are dying in this struggle and it engges hundreds of thousands of Indian troops. For Pakistan, it is an issue of survival due to our water resources being sourced from there. However, Pakistani perception of Kashmir as a part of Pakistan is unreal as the wishes of the people are now different.
The solution lies somewhere in between the two wishes and possibly in an autonomous Kashmir which governs itself under joint governance of INDO_PAK. Any other solution will cause acrimony and a war to sort the problem will leave a rather charred Sub continent which I am sure both Governments will be eagreto avoid. The trick is to keep India involved in both political and other endeavours to reach a mutually acceptable solution.
WaSalam
Araz
Now we are talking! I feel We should give the 10 year peace then Plebiscite Idea some thinking. We should push our governments to do more, thats whats needs to be urgently pursued.

Now we are talking! I feel We should give the 10 year peace then Plebiscite Idea some thinking. We should push our governments to do more, thats whats needs to be urgently pursued.

India keeps postponing talks on Kashmir. They say 10 years then another 10 years. Its been 61 years now, the dispute must come to an end NOW.

WaSalam
Araz

I dont know about the Pakistani government, but the Pakistani people want Kashmiris to decide what they want for their land and we will always support our Kashmiri brothers and sisters. Ever since we were little kids, we heard horror stories of how Kashmiris are treated in their own land by Indian troops.
Even if Kashmiri people dont want to be part of Pakistan, Pakistanis should accept it. The only way the world will know what Kashmiris want is through a fair plebiscite. Kashmiris were promised a plebiscite in 1948 and they are still waiting for it, its been 61 years and they are still waiting for it, now is the time to fix the dispute...Kashmiris have waited enough.

if people of kashmir can live peacefully in ladakh then why is there a problem in kashmir

because the indian forces are massacring innocent people
their presence is not welcome there

I dont know about the Pakistani government, but the Pakistani people want Kashmiris to decide what they want for their land and we will always support our Kashmiri brothers and sisters. Ever since we were little kids, we heard horror stories of how Kashmiris are treated in their own land by Indian troops.
Even if Kashmiri people dont want to be part of Pakistan, Pakistanis should accept it. The only way the world will know what Kashmiris want is through a fair plebiscite. Kashmiris were promised a plebiscite in 1948 and they are still waiting for it, its been 61 years and they are still waiting for it, now is the time to fix the dispute...Kashmiris have waited enough.

the indians dont want the kashmiris to choose
they know that the result will be anything BUT india

Well omar you keep repeating the same thing again and again, Brother there are two perceptions.
1. India is killing innocent civlians and supressing voice of Kashmiries.
2. Pakistan is fueling insurgency in kashmir by bombing innocent civilians forcing indian army to take more stricter measures in the name of security.

These are both contradictary beiliefs of the two country, unless these two notions are completely wiped out of the box then only a FAIR PLEBISCITE can be talked about. India have to come down from believing kashmir is an integral part of india, and you have to also come down from defining your own areas of kashmir and believing kashmir is part of pakistan( even though your support is for plebiscite;) ), and make sure your part of kashmir is restored to its 1947 definition and no outsiders are there in these place. Unless compromises are made no mandate would be fair enough. So dialogue should be in that direction with a stipulated time plan.

I dont know how well these would work out, because of the mistrust we are nourishing, as you yourselves have said from childhood you have heard only about the demon called india, and i dont know how well one can co-exists with a demon ;), but by anlysing the siutaiton i feel this would be a fair deal for all the three parties involved.

Now please dont ask for plebiscite NOW NOW NOW.. coz it is not going to happen NOW NOW NOW ;). Lets talk talk talk without divising plans to backstab each other ;)

Agnostic Muslim

It is not terrorism since the right to resist an occupation is an internationally recognized right for an occupied people.

Depends on who says it

The choice is India's, since India was the one that violated the peaceful agreement to begin with

If we violated then you must have referred the issue to your now high and mighty UNSC. Do the Judges in Pakistan allow you to take matters in your own hand when the case is in proces?

People like you will continue regurgitating jingoism and immoral and illegal positions based on 'might is right'. There is nothign to discuss with you.

People here want to live and let live, keep ypur Kashmir with yours while we keep ours.

Depends on who says it

If we violated then you must have referred the issue to your now high and mighty UNSC. Do the Judges in Pakistan allow you to take matters in your own hand when the case is in proces?

People here want to live and let live, keep ypur Kashmir with yours while we keep ours.

You are behind the times - read the thread and post - I am not going to regurgitate arguments a dozen times. More regurgitated posts asking the same old questions will be deleted without notice.

You are behind the times - read the thread and post - I am not going to regurgitate arguments a dozen times. More regurgitated posts asking the same old questions will be deleted without notice.

but old questions are repeated since no mutual satisfactory consensus is reached! when some pakistanis regurgitate the old arguements, then indians regurgitate our old stand. if the posts are going to be deleted, I hope that this would be applied to both sides, otherwise the plz let the debate continue.

You are behind the times - read the thread and post - I am not going to regurgitate arguments a dozen times

Nothing like jumping from UNSC to Pakistans feelings to taking justice into own hands ... sounds like the arguments have been ping ponging from one plane to another.

Back
Top Bottom