What's new

The future belongs to India, not China.

aakash_2410

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
India, a democracy of over a billion people, has a rate of growth almost as impressive as China's, a burgeoning middle class, a highly skilled work force and an abundance of raw materials. More important still, it operates under the rule of law not the rule of the politburo. Could it be that India ends up the dominant power of the eastern hemisphere?

Arguing in favour of the motion are Deepak Lal, Sir Mark Tully, and Gurcharan Das.

Arguing against the motion are Lord Powell, Danny Quah and Sir David Tang.

Listen the clip on:
Intelligence Squared » The future belongs to India, not China

REALLY REALLY REALLY nice audio clip. Worth a listen. As an Indian myself I hate to say this but at the end of the clip people voted AGAINST the motion meaning 'The future belongs to China.'

This clip is nearly 1 hour long so anyone who comments before that is trolling. loool :D

P.S. @mods I know this thread is REMOTELY related to economies but please don't delete the thread or ban me. :P It's a really nice clip. :)

The future belongs to India, the future belongs to China, what nonsense is this. :lol:

People need to stop being so myopic, there is a much bigger world out there.

And it doesn't "belong" to anybody.

I knew Chinese Dragon wouldn't even bother hearing the clip and would be the first one to reply! Typical! loool :D

Seriously mate, listen to it. :)

I knew Chinese Dragon wouldn't even bother hearing the clip and would be the first one to reply! Typical! loool :D

Seriously mate, listen to it. :)

its a debate not reality, listen it as to entertain but dont take what they said to granted.

if future can be debated then we should all sit to chat not up to work.

however as far as reality concerns china is still at its developing stage yet constitute 12% of world GDP follows 22% that of U.S

Perhaps the future belong to a sweet dream from a blogger however like an old wisdom: "Sweet dream never last long" ;)

The past, present & future belongs to India, not China or anyone else.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom