What's new

The Formula1 in India

lol.. breaking news on NDTV. sports minister not invited to the event. well done to the organisers. keep these scums out of sight!!:lol:

Lol.He didn't allow tax exemption for F1(estimated 600 crores+),So I am kinda with him on this one!!!

Looks like not many people turned up for the event. May be because the ticket prices were too high.

I too was thinking of going but then the ticket prices deterred me.

Looks like not many people turned up for the event. May be because the ticket prices were too high.

I too was thinking of going but then the ticket prices deterred me.

I'm sure tomorrow that place will be buzzing. normally you don't get full crowd for qualifying session though..

375332_213034378765249_142199465848741_533079_332305418_n.jpg

why tax exemption, it should not be given to any sports.

My sentiments exactly.Makken is actually a half decent guy ya know,he immediately released and increased the pay of Hockey players for winning the Asia cup,Wanted to bring the BCCi under RTI and proposed mandatory retirement under his Sports Bill. Not bad eh...

I'm sure tomorrow that place will be buzzing. normally you don't get full crowd for qualifying session though..

I hope it does but I doubt I will.

It's not that easy to find 120000 people who'll be willing to shell out that much amount in a country like India.

These tickets are costlier than those for Singapore GP. Just imagine.

I hope it does but I doubt I will.

It's not that easy to find 120000 people who'll be willing to shell out that much amount in a country like India.

These tickets are costlier than those for Singapore GP. Just imagine.

that's true.. even people with dosh might find this bit expensive. Let's hope that the event turns out to be a success once the dust settles!!

No Formula One invite for Ajay Maken: Sources

New Delhi: Sports Minister Ajay Maken has not been invited to the ongoing Indian Formula One.

According to sources, Maken was not invited because the sports ministry had earlier denied excise and customs exemptions on the logic that F1 was an elite sport. It is learnt that an expemption to the tune of Rs. 100 crore had been asked for and was denied.

Maken on Saturday, while the final practice session was taking place at the Buddh International Circuit, tweeted: When F1 is flagged off; as Sports Min I am laying foundation stone for 5cr synthetic track at P.T.Usha's academy in Koyilandi near Calicut.

No Formula One invite for Ajay Maken: Sources | News | NDTVSports.com

^^^ Nothing wrong there,Want to organize F1?You better pay up to the state.

Indian GP: Sachin and other stars confirm their attendance

Greater Noida: Sachin Tendulkar will wave the chequered flag in the presence of a host of cricketers, politicians, Bollywood personalities and celebrities at the Buddh International Circuit for the inaugural Indian Grand Prix on Sunday. (In pics: Stars set to light up Indian GP)

Tendulkar, a die hard motor sport fan, has confirmed his attendance, a top official of Jaypee Sports International (JPSI) told IANS.

Among other cricketers present will be Mahendra Singh Dhoni, whose love for speed is all too well known, Yuvraj Singh, Virat Kohli, VVS Laxman and England's Kevin Pietersen. Tennis star Sania Mirza will also grace the occasion.

"We have received confirmation from the players. Tendulkar is most likely to wave the chequered flag at the end of the race," the official said.

Bollywood will be represented by Shah Rukh Khan, Arjun Rampal, Hrithik Roshan, and Abhishek Bachchan among others.

"The prime minister, president and Congress president Sonia Gandhi have also been invited, but we have not received any confirmation from them," he said.

Among politicians, Arun Jaitley, Kapil Sibal are expected to be at the circuit Sunday

Indian GP: Sachin and other stars confirm their attendance | News | NDTVSports.com

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom