What's new

The Formula1 in India

Congrats again. First F1 in the sub-continent truly is historic. Had a good time pass though.

So if its a success then it belongs to the Sub-Continent,South Asia, SAARC, Third World etc etc but if its a fail then India and India alone should shoulder the shame.

Not so long ago when CWG Delhi was a mess (which was also a success in the end) Pakistanis along with their Chinese friends in this forum were quick to take jabs at India's inefficiency.Why then during that time did any Pakistani say that 'Give India a break, its their first time hosting such a big event and its a big event for not only India but the entire sub continent."

Off-course its India's success and I was all so obvious in what i meant when i said "sub continent" but some of you folks are just over the top. What inferiority complex is can be seen here. These kind of posts also show how some of you simply hate your western neighbor as you cant even tolerate a lighter tone! Where on earth did i try to steal the light from your show? Shove your event with cold water.

Enough said! :angry:

Off-course its India's success and I was all so obvious in what i meant when i said "sub continent" but some of you folks are just over the top. What inferiority complex is can be seen here. These kind of posts also show how some of you simply hate your eastern neighbor as you cant even tolerate a lighter tone! Where on earth did i try to steal the light from your show? Shove your event with cold water.

Enough said! :angry:

Western neighbor :):P

Congratulations To All the Indians.....

lets celebrate the day and forgive and forget those trolls today...

378165_213487745386579_142199465848741_535644_1772938850_n.jpg

Man, what an experience ... Kudos to the organizers .. they did a fantastic job and surely deserve a pat on the back ! :yahoo:

Indian F1 Grand Prix: 95,000 crowd throng Buddh International Circuit to watch inaugural race

GREATER NOIDA: A bevy of dignitaries, filmstars and cricketers were among the 95,000-odd crowd that thronged the Buddh International Circuit to witness the inaugural Indian Grand Prix here today.

Sachin Tendulkar, Yuvraj Singh and Harbhajan Singh were among the cricketers present at the circuit as double world champion Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull blazed his way to the 11th win of the season ahead of McLaren's Jenson Button and Ferrari's Fernando Alonso.

The film world was represented by Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone and Gulshan Grover among others.

Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati Devi did the honours to bring the curtains down on a successful event by presenting the winner's trophy to Vettel amid loud cheers at the stands.

Rakesh Bharti Mittal, vice-chairman of Airtel, the title sponsors, presented a trophy to a Red Bull official for his driver winning the race.

Executive chairman of Jaypee Group, the race organisers, Manoj Gaur, presented the trophy to Button for his second- place finish, while Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India chief, Vicky Chandhok, gave away the trophy to Alonso.

Being the final race day, today's turnout was 45,000 more than yesterday's qualifying.

Indian F1 Grand Prix: 95,000 crowd throng Buddh International Circuit to watch inaugural race - The Economic Times

Man, what an experience ... Kudos to the organizers .. they did a fantastic job and surely deserve a pat on the back ! :yahoo:

Indian private sector is second to none when it comes to efficiency. The CWG games should have been taken care by Private players and India should have spared the initial embarrassment.

Indian F1 Grand Prix Champion Sebastian Vettel falls in love with 'Incredible India'

GREATER NOIDA: Formula One World Champion Sebastian Vettel says his win in the inaugural Indian Grand Prix was the one of the best in his career and he will take back a lot from the country which has inspired him immensely.

Vettel secured his second world title in Japan three weeks ago and Sunday won his 11th race of the season.

The German, who has not put a foot wrong this season, is floored by everything concerned with India.

He rates the Buddh International Circuit as one of the best on the F1 calendar, loves the people who according to him are poor but happy and can't wait to come back next year.

"Coming to India has been an inspiration. A great learning experience," said a humble Vettel.

"I haven't spent a lot of time here but it was very inspiring when I had a bit of time to spend in the country. I went to see the Taj Mahal which is obviously a touristy thing to do but driving there by car, and not falling asleep because the roads were pretty... it was a good adventure, let's say," he said.

"All in all, it was great to be here, a great circuit, which obviously - speaking about our job, about racing, that's what we judge most, the circuit is fantastic to drive. I was surprised that the race went by pretty quickly. I was always trying to keep the gap to him (Button), trying to push but my engineer came on the radio and said 'twelve laps to go' and I was surprised because I thought, bloody hell, that went by quickly. It is a good sign, because you enjoy the circuit and it is a good sign for the future."

"It is great what people did here in a short amount of time. We heard about it (circuit) a couple of years ago but to put up this arena is incredible. Its not 100 per cent finished but I am sure they will fix it next year. I am very proud to be the first winner here in India. It is a very impressive country."

Indian F1 Grand Prix Champion Sebastian Vettel falls in love with 'Incredible India' - The Economic Times

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Indian private sector is second to none when it comes to efficiency. The CWG games should have been taken care by Private players and India should have spared the initial embarrassment.

If CWG was given to private company than how congress had done the corruption.

but some of you folks are just over the top. What inferiority complex is can be seen here.

Weren't you the one who pointed out "Poor People"? Well, if you didn't know this: the entire event is owned and funded by a private company and has nothing to do with the poor in India. In fact, if a company can take such a huge risk it only means there are people who can afford it.

India is a great place to do business and sports is one form of it. I'm afraid you don't follow F1 neither have you read about the BIC but wanted to drop in your "wise words". Its time for you to realize that you were either trolling or being Jealous and hence very very insecure!

Back
Top Bottom