What's new

The First Iranian Woman In Space Is Now Inspiring The Next Iranian Generation

Aramagedon

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
810-620x400.jpg

When engineer and businesswoman Anousheh Ansari returned from space, something changed. Having achieved her childhood fantasy of seeing Earth from above, she was determined to help others achieve their dreams too.

“I grew up with my head in the sky. I was born and raised in Iran and all I could imagine was going to space,” Ansari said during a presentation at WIRED2016 in London.

Ansari is best-known as the first female private space explorer and first astronaut of Iranian descent. As a child she drew pictures of rockets and alien worlds, with the adults around her saying it was a phase she would grow out of and forget. “But I showed them wrong,” said Ansari, smiling.

In 2006 she visited the International Space Station. It was an experience that had a profound impact.

“When you’re up there you have this transformational experience,” Ansari explained. “You see this beautiful planet that is our home. You see how it shrinks in size and how the borders just melt away and you see one home.”

Having previously made a multi-million dollar donation to the original space-focussed XPRIZE in May 2004, Ansari’s current business seems more prosaic. Prodea Systems, founded shortly after her return to Earth in 2006, focuses on the Internet of Things.

“I was inspired to make a bigger impact on the world,” she said.

To that end, Prodea manufactures technology that turns TVs into basic internet terminals, bringing web access to areas of rural India previously almost totally disconnected. “We’re using our technology to take education, health and other services to the most rural parts of India,” Ansari explained. As well as bringing much-needed web access, she also hopes the technology will inspire children “to do things that might seem completely impossible to them”.

“Having been through this experience I knew that others could do the same thing,” she said.

Realiran.org

It's obvious.
You can reach space even before your country, if you accept to be a good American citizen!
well, Its right that she went to space with USA flag but can you blame her for that ?
to be honest I won't blame her I blame the royals and Warlords, Khans, Clerics, Intellectuals,.... that for some profit tried to kill the spirit of science and progress in this country for several centuries . I blame the ones who taught its easier to rule people if keep them ignorant ,the ones who preferred people obey not question .
hope you have not forgot the literacy rate of our country several years ago. and won't forget how much of the literate people in or country just read and write and won't question what they read.
In the end I can't blame her , the blame is somewhere else. and by the way she was not such a goody goody citizen . she tried to go to space with Iran flag.

well, Its right that she went to space with USA flag but can you blame her for that ?
to be honest I won't blame her I blame the royals and Warlords, Khans, Clerics, Intellectuals,.... that for some profit tried to kill the spirit of science and progress in this country for several centuries . I blame the ones who taught its easier to rule people if keep them ignorant ,the ones who preferred people obey not question .
hope you have not forgot the literacy rate of our country several years ago.
though I can understand poor people migration, but I see no honor in migration when you are rich.
literacy rate was different in the rich families;
researching to domestically build a Peykan is science not riding a Bugatti Veyron! so don't drag science into this discussion.

and won't forget how much of the literate people in or country just read and write and won't question what they read.
it's the same all around the world, and even worse in U.S.

and by the way she was not such a goody goody citizen . she tried to go to space with Iran flag.
Americans can migrate to our country and invest in our country, and when we had a private space program they can fund the project AFTER THAT they can decide to stick a U.S flag to their spacesuit, without stars of course! and I consider them the best Iranian citizens (not kidding).

Last edited:
though I can understand poor people migration, but I see no honor in migration when you are rich.
researching to domestically build a Peykan is science not riding a Bugatti Veyron! so don't drag science into this discussion.

Americans can migrate to our country and invest in our country, and when we had a private space program they can fund the project AFTER THAT they can decide to stick a U.S flag to their spacesuit, without stars of course! and I consider them the best Iranian citizens (not kidding).

well she was not rich when her family migrated to USA when she was 16
its how she become rich enough to pay for the space
In 1993, she persuaded her husband, Hamid Ansari, and her brother-in-law, Amir Ansari, to co-found Telecom Technologies Inc., using their savings and corporate retirement accounts, as a wave of deregulation hit the telecommunications industry.[citation needed] The company was a supplier of softswitch technology that enabled telecom "service providers to enhance system performance, lower operating costs and furnish new revenue opportunities." The company, headquartered in Richardson, Texas, offered a line of products that allowed for integration between existing legacy telecom networks and application-centric, next-generation networks via software switch technology.[12] Telecom Technologies was acquired by Sonus Networks, Inc. in 2001 in a stock-for-stock transaction for 10.8 million shares of Sonus stock. Anousheh Ansari became "a vice president of Sonus and general manager of Sonus' new INtelligentIP division."[13] As of March 2001, she remained in that position.[14][needs update]

In 2006, she co-founded Prodea Systems, and is the current chairman and CEO.
ad by the way if you look at her space flight patch and her suit you see she kept that Gimped Iranian flag there
AnousheAnsariOnISS.jpg

Anousheh_Ansari_space_patch.jpg

and well you knew it was also Russian official who asked her to remove Iran flag and only use USA one
by the way yo only can ask that from Americans when you make situation so interesting for Americans here to migrate to Iran and use Iran space program instead of their own.

and yes it has many thing to do with science, we still can't produce a cryogenic engine do you knew why ? I'm sure you knew even if they gave us the blueprint for one we can't make it and I'm sure you are aware without a cryogenic engine sending a human into space is just a dream.

well she was not rich when her family migrated to USA when she was 16
its how she become rich enough to pay for the space
as we say, money bring the money, and her family was rich enough to migrate to U.S and found a big company.

ad by the way if you look at her space flight patch and her suit you see she kept that Gimped Iranian flag there
AnousheAnsariOnISS.jpg

Anousheh_Ansari_space_patch.jpg
not as a flag, but a drawing without allah mark and not on her spacesuit, it's more an insult.
I already told you I will let them to use their flag without the stars on their shirt!

and yes it has many thing to do with science, we still can't produce a cryogenic engine do you knew why ? I'm sure you knew even if they gave us the blueprint for one we can't make it and I'm sure you are aware without a cryogenic engine sending a human into space is just a dream.
as I said her migration had nothing to do with science. it's like saying someone rides Bugatti Veyron because of his passion for science!
we don't have a cryogenic engine because of two kind of people:
people who didn't (and don't today) care about space and people like her who prefer to invest on already ready products in U.S.

as we say, money bring the money, and her family was rich enough to migrate to U.S and found a big company.

not as a flag, but a drawing without allah mark and not on her spacesuit, it's more an insult.
I already told you I will let them to use their flag without the stars on their shirt!

as I said her migration had nothing to do with science. it's like saying someone rides Bugatti Veyron because of his passion for science!
we don't have a cryogenic engine because of two kind of people:
people who didn't (and don't today) care about space and people like her who prefer to invest on already ready products in U.S.
the company was not big at the start ,it become big later
and it was a software company so no it was not something ready made. they were providing solution so telecommunication companies could use their older devices with newer technologies side by side and their main product at the time of acquisition was softswitches.
http://www.sonus.net/resources/pres...ks-completes-acquisition-telecom-technologies
and migrating to USA is not equal to be rich.
and by the way that's not a USA flag as the number of stars is totally wrong

and we don't have a cryogenic engine because between Molla-sadra till the middle of Pahlavi era when we have people like Dr. Hesabi we were sleep and shun away sciences such as physics and algebra and chemistry .
we don't have that engine simply because we can't produce an alloy that is capable of with standing tremor in such low temperatures .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom