What's new

The Fight against PKK Terrorism

They are all linked between each other so I can't really be sure without having read at least an article from a credible source about it.

Anyway, here is a thing I read today:

PKK plans to use guided missiles in countryside attacks

Ankara receives intelligence that PKK terrorists will use stringer and Katyusha missiles in countryside attacks, media report says.

PKK has Stinger and Katyusha missiles in its hands, the report said. highlighting that it had received most of the advanced-technology missiles from the PYD terrorist group in Syria.

If you want to read the whole article:
http://www.yenisafak.com/en/news/pkk-plans-to-use-guided-missiles-in-countryside-attacks-2465313

Manpads = already existing threat. No stingers were officially given out, mainly Chinese/Yugo stuff.
Katyusha = based on recent developments, either taken over via-via or focusing on DIY IRAM stuff like seen in general M-E.

Couple weeks ago a statement by military said that they'd destroyed multiple Katyusha-type launchers in an airstrike in N. Iraq.

Most probably today pkk shot down one cobra helicopter in hakkari province.

The worst thing is that you hear news about killed soldiers and bombs almost every day and people are getting used to it so much that it's not even shocking to them anymore when they hear such news. That's the worst thing of all this war against terrorism- not the terrorist acts themselves but the thing that people don't even care about their victims, that people dying from terrorism is becoming just a part of every day life. Turkey is turning into Iraq. To me it looks like the government is doing nothing to keep the patriotic spirit of the population high, the medias are passive, people are caring less about what happens in their own country which is the most disturbing thing.

I mean it's not the first time in modern Turkish history when there is a mini civil war in Turkey but things like this don't happen nowhere in the civilized world and in strong countries. Our government should be much harsher before things turn even worse.

Hey guys, I will try to sum up my impression from the first six month period of my time. From Kirpi mraps to cobra ifvs and more. But first, I need to breath the weather of Kızılay back again first!

Welcome back.

Hey guys, I will try to sum up my impression from the first six month period of my time. From Kirpi mraps to cobra ifvs and more. But first, I need to breath the weather of Kızılay back again first!

Neptune brother,

Welcome back.
Take some time to fall back into a normal cycle.

And brother, be very cautious about what you speak. I advice you message me privately before discussing anything here. I know first hand who comes calling when you discuss the wrong things online after deployment.

Our famous desperate troll called Hurshit started opening new accounts with using the names of orko and jackal ! Cleaned !

Last edited:
Did I read @orko_8 ?? You are very welcomed here brother! IKK? What thing does have to do with IKK anyways.

Good evening everyone.
As you know every one of us was a "bazooka gunner" during his time :lol:, I will rather focus on things related to our platforms.

First one is Cobra, most times we were complaining about its armor and V-chasis that makes it hard for fast turns. Here in our bases they are the perfect solution for overwatch at night, and the rats know that very well. It covers the base area very well.

Finally Kirpi MRAP, I believe after PKK's decision to put hundreds of kg more explosives to IEDs, we generally use Kirpi for all puroposes as it is supposed to. This is said to be a ritual for over a couple years. Tarama, intikal, ikmal, sevk and for more missions we go with Kirpi. As it really makes you feel safe, I can assure that. I had seen it from pictures only but that monster was insanely big, large. But the only thing I hate (for the personnel inside I think) is that, it has a devastating engine sound. Sometimes the road takes more than an hour and once you get out, you realize that you have an organ named ear :lol:. In general, I found Kirpi successful. IMO it's the best we could come up with.

@Dazzler and here we must have a gentleman complaining about the overly expensive, cost-ineffective Turkish product. Those I saw, RCS, MRAP, IFV, targeting binocular and more were pretty much first quality stuff..

Neptune brother,

Welcome back.
Take some time to fall back into a normal cycle.

And brother, be very cautious about what you speak. I advice you message me privately before discussing anything here. I know first hand who comes calling when you discuss the wrong things online after deployment.

Thanks man, I get you. Just some things related to our platforms and a summary of situation in the field.

Edit: i realized now, even a publicly predictable update can help them so yeah, its ok, some restrictions.

Last edited:
Did I read @orko_8 ?? You are very welcomed here brother! IKK? What thing does have to do with IKK anyways.

Good evening everyone.
As you know every one of us was a "bazooka gunner" during his time :lol:, I will rather focus on things related to our platforms.

First one is Cobra, most times we were complaining about its armor and V-chasis that makes it hard for fast turns. Here in our bases they are the perfect solution for overwatch at night, and the rats know that very well. It covers the base area very well.

Finally Kirpi MRAP, I believe after PKK's decision to put hundreds of kg more explosives to IEDs, we generally use Kirpi for all puroposes as it is supposed to. This is said to be a ritual for over a couple years. Tarama, intikal, ikmal, sevk and for more missions we go with Kirpi. As it really makes you feel safe, I can assure that. I had seen it from pictures only but that monster was insanely big, large. But the only thing I hate (for the personnel inside I think) is that, it has a devastating engine sound. Sometimes the road takes more than an hour and once you get out, you realize that you have an organ named ear :lol:. In general, I found Kirpi successful. IMO it's the best we could come up with.

@Dazzler and here we must have a gentleman complaining about the overly expensive, cost-ineffective Turkish product. Those I saw, RCS, MRAP, IFV, targeting binocular and more were pretty much first quality stuff..

Thanks man, I get you. Just some things related to our platforms and a summary of situation in the field.

Edit: i realized now, even a publicly predictable update can help them so yeah, its ok, some restrictions.
I dunno what earmuff you use, but u should take care of those ears in Kirpi :D

@Neptune did u try the mpt-76
Mpt-76 just started line production very recently bro

Our famous desperate troll called Hurshit started opening new accounts with using the names of orko and jackal ! Cleaned !

I am Hurshid ?
Really.....I've known you since Military Photos mate. Your not thinking straight. MY pictures were on military photos a long long time ago. Tolga can attest to who I am.

Just be careful before posting anything. Strictly stay clear of operational information. Do not mention your unit or your region of deployment. Be careful also when speaking of the performance of equipment as it can give someone a benchmark to counter.

Also what is very important is to realize that what you post may not be important to enemies but it can still be a topic the military does not want going public.

Best of luck acclimatizing to everyday life. Rest plenty and spend time with family and friends. Most importantly keep in touch with your friends from your unit. You may be fine, but they may need to speak to someone who will understand.

If there is anything I can do let me know.

Back
Top Bottom