What's new

The F35 will be cancelled before 500 planes are made (prediction by Pierre Sprey)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dubbed this infinity trolling.

The reference of the article is the article in this very webpage itself.

NOW THIS IS THE HIGHEST POINT OR FORM OF TROLLING ANYONE CAN DO

R.E.S.P.E.C.T
Recursive tolling at its best

Reactions: 500
Recursive tolling at its best

It would actually never stop, in fact, I opened 10 page trying to find the source of his article before realising that the reference is actually self referencing...

lol
f35t.JPG

Give this guy some awards :lol:. He is his own source. :laugh:

Actually guys, he's not going circular anymore than usual. He only does not know how to reference
a piece. Lucky for him and you that some of us have good if not eidetic memories :

"Sprey, the fighter engineer, said he expects the Pentagon to eventually come to terms with the unpleasant truth, that its new universal jet fighter with the foolhardy vertical-takeoff capability could spell the end of an epochal half-century in which America truly dominated the world’s skies. “My prediction is the F-35 will be such an embarrassment it will be cancelled before 500 are built,” he said."
From this August 2013 War Is Boring piece quoting Pierre Sprey :
F’d: How the U.S. and Its Allies Got Stuck with the World’s Worst New Warplane — War Is Boring — Medium
Scroll down to last image and go up three paragraphs and voilà!

Still doesn't make that prediction valid or even realistic of course ;)
Have a great day all, Tay.

Some big money spent. Someone say Negative, other say Positive
But the experience gathered in building F-22, F35 ... is priceless.

Then someone would make a question: How many a model of Russian, China aircrafts built before cancellation?
1 ? 2 ? 4 ? 12 ?

500 isn't too bad. Let see how many F-22 made? less than 200. Do you think that big money we think is for F-35, actually is for F-22 which F-35 derives some features from?

Why don't build the first batch of your aircraft, ie 100. before say this or that?

Last edited:
Not true at all. F35 will be sold to Japan India Korea Taiwan may be to some middle east countries. So it will be sold in 1000s even with a cost of $200 million per piece.

You think a jet backed up by the most advanced sensors and tech ever built, with cooperation and investments from like 6-7 countries will just be cancelled just like that? Also, you forgot, its an American product :usflag:, backed up by the most powerful military, its allies and its experience to sell its products and services to others for well over a century.

Trust me, the -35 will eventually replace about 60% of the -16's in service today. That's over 2000 -35's sold worldwide in the next 15-20 years, as there well over 4400 F-16's built requiring replacements in the near future.

Remember, a brand new product is the most expensive in the first ten years, and as its produced in masses, per unit cost decreases a little and the platform matures up overtime.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom