What's new

The Elusive Panjpeer Rocks Pakistan.

Djinn

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Not sure if shared before.
The place is called PunjPeer and is an amazing rock formation stretching over a large area. The rocks are located in Kahuta district. It takes about two and a half hours (from Islamabad) to reach the place, followed by a hike of about 40-45 minutes. If you have the stamina, you can hike all the way up to the ridge which will take about three hours or so.

The place is called PanjPer because locals believe that once five saints came to the area and got settled here. There is a shrine up in the area as well. The plateau or the ridge of the Panjpeer is at an altitude of about 1800 meters and gets some snow in winters as well. Panjpeer is the highest point of Danoi Ridge in Kotli Sattian, Kahuta. You can also see River Jhelum from the ridge.

The place not only offers the amazing rocks but also water falls, streams, a thick forest and local species of plants and animals. The village around the path offers a lot to understand the local life and the hospitality of the local people.

The road is fine till the main bazar of Kahuta. It turns into a single road when u take left turn from the bazar and keeps getting smaller and bumpy. Be careful while driving as the vehicles coming from the opposite side might challenge you. Carry water, eatables and nibbles with you as there are no shops up on the rocks or in the village.
Panjpeer Rocks, Pakistan | World From Another Angle
img_1852edited.jpg

img_1908edited.jpg

1236879_704426056237622_1993364443_n.jpg

Panjpeer.jpg

dsc_0759.jpg

BRtKyDpCMAANk3c.jpg

@Djinn , except for the photo shot from among the trees and the snow pictures, the remaining ones look so tropical, including the sunlight level... i could have mistaken them for shots from western india or southern india... this is surprising to me.

you are correct, you islooites are blessed with much.

the from-among-trees shot looks a himalayan setting from kashmir or himachal... that shot is so peaceful.

I lived not far from there, for a few years.
Ahan, good to know, at least you lived in a healthy environment in Pakistan

@Djinn , except for the photo shot from among the trees and the snow pictures, the remaining ones look so tropical, including the sunlight level... i could have mistaken them for shots from western india or southern india... this is surprising to me.

you are correct, you islooites are blessed with much.

the from-among-trees shot looks a himalayan setting from kashmir or himachal... that shot is so peaceful.
I find natural scenery soothing as well, not a big fan of man made structures.

not me...Pakistan has soo many hidden jewels just too much chawal sitting in positions like ullo on a shakt :unsure:
Yeah just imagine, if we had even one national department sincerely dedicated to proper management & development of these tourist destinations. Pakistan would have been famous for something positive as well.

Back
Top Bottom