What's new

The collapse of the myth of German tanks series of "Leopard-2", as the best tank of the world

Don't think anyone every claimed the Leopard-2 was the best, certainly a fine piece of engineering. It all comes down to training and tactics at the end of the day.

Whilst training does count, the Leopard 2 is still the best tank in the world according to most sources.

Doesn't the Leopard 2 looks a tad bit similar to the Arjun tank?
I think the design philosophy was inspired by the German tank.

So if the Leopard 2 is one of the best tanks then Arjun should also be good.:bunny::D

fb_img_1482478279109.jpg

I'd take the Leopard II over the T-90 any day.
It's not correct to make a tank-to-tank comparison; you have to consider how these tanks are meant to be used in battle. Western tanks are designed to engage enemy units on a one-on-one basis, whereas Soviet-era tanks are meant to be employed en masse, in formations. So Western tanks have to be all-around well-armored and well-performing vehicles, whereas the Soviet-era tank concepts emphasized superior frontal armor and mutual support.

don't forget that the armor is standard armo, if they had add reactive armor that tank would have little damage. Look to the sabra, they are hit several time and still are ok.

Note that on the turret, the blow-off panel has performed as it should have. Since the turret is still on the hull, there was no explosion of the ammunition stored in the bow. Note the turret is fully towarss the rear: either it was caught by surprise while in transit or it was running away from some target (but that is unlikely, given the damage to the front hull)

508447d1367704763-leopard-2-drivers-periscope-leopard-2.jpg

It's a damaged/abandoned Leopard tank captured by ISIS.
Captured from who? The Turks?

I'd take the Leopard II over the T-90 any day.
I think that the design of Leopard 2A6/A6M is superior to any tanks in the world even the new models of Abrams. But it is not the main factor of superiority of a tank. If Germans didn't use the depleted-Uranium armor for Leopards, i have no doubt Abrams VS Leopard will absolutely lead to the victory of Abrams. In addition, Tank That Sees Enemy First Almost Always Wins the Fight, it says, neglecting the irony of the fact that Abrams is already able to be superior to Leopard.
So Leopard VS T-90 is not predictable.

Tanks can't stand against new generation ATGMs. It is proved many times in battlefield.
Altay + AKKOR protection system will solve this problem in 2018-19.
Stationary tanks, i.e. employed as mobile pill box.

It is a different thing to try and kill this when it is coming at you guns blazing at 50km/h.

Doesn't the Leopard 2 looks a tad bit similar to the Arjun tank?
I think the design philosophy was inspired by the German tank.

So if the Leopard 2 is one of the best tanks then Arjun should also be good.:bunny::D
Lots of tanks look like Leo2 (Ariete/Italy, Type 90/Japan) but that doesn't mean anything.

Back
Top Bottom