What's new

The City that never sleeps (NYC)

Cheng -- first pic is Harold Square?

There are only 3 two way streets in midtown Manhattan. 57 St 42ST and 34St where Herald Square is located. But if you look at the set back of the building, with small sidewalks, is none of those streets. So it is not Herald Square. If this picture is in Midtown, I would say it is Vanderbilt Ave in Grand Central.

If it is not in Midtown, then it's anybody guess.

BTW, Vanderbilt Ave is a little short 2-way street by the Grand Central, from 42 St to 46 St. Its sidewalks are narrow and always full of pedestrians.

Cheng -- first pic is Harold Square?

Good guess, but no, it is not Herald Square. Please see below:

There are only 3 two way streets in midtown Manhattan. 57 St 42ST and 34St where Herald Square is located. But if you look at the set back of the building, with small sidewalks, is none of those streets. So it is not Herald Square. If this picture is in Midtown, I would say it is Vanderbilt Ave in Grand Central.

If it is not in Midtown, then it's anybody guess.

You got it!

im not an American (or resident of NYC) but i know that area (mid 40s east side) quite well. Almost like the back of my hand. Didnt recognize it.

Cheng -- Ali Baba is a Turkish cafe on 2nd ave -- between e46 & 47th sts. Go there and order their Iskender Kebab, it's pretty good. I dont know if youre married or not, but they have a 20 something hostess. She's gorgeous. I forgot her name though. :D

Is the hostess Turkish as well? Besides she's probably taken. And Chengs married afaik.

i used some of my "severence package" a few years ago to get an Omega @ Tourneau, the one @ Columbus Circle

i f*ckin love that area....but thats elitist territory, a bit beyond my standard of living at present :D

i took my first "date" there during the days i was in NYC before beginning grad school. Walked through central park too, humiliated myself by trying to "ice skate"

NYC --- great city. The only drawback is the fact that a pack of Marlboros sets you back almost $12.

Is the hostess Turkish as well? Besides she's probably taken. And Chengs married afaik.

100% Turkish..... :)

as for single or taken, well i didnt get that deep into conversation with her; i was fresh off the boat from Peshawar and still trying to get "familiar"

Let me show you my town again if I may.

1) The famous Irish Restaurant and Pub on West 54 St between 5 Ave and 6 Ave, which is also call Ave of America. I took an Irish date there once eons ago.

2) & 3) Same picture from different locations. The photographer looking north on 6 Ave, the building on the left is the Exxon Building, and the one in the background is the Time Life Building. Nice and quiet at night.

4) The famous St. Patrick Cathedral on 5 Ave and 49 Street. A dream place for a girl to have her wedding here.

Back
Top Bottom