What's new

The Burning South - Live Simulation Thread

Thought you'd be the most unwilling one since you are doing all the hard work...but yeah sure.
We can always ask him to tabulate best practices and use that as a basis to let some other owner run it as vice-Administrator.

Wasn't it @Warking who said he owned a copy?

We can always ask him to tabulate best practices and use that as a basis to let some other owner run it as vice-Administrator.

Wasn't it @Warking who said he owned a copy?
Yes I do have it but I just got it like a few weeks ago. I am still learning to use it other than tank battles I cant really do much for now.

Yes I do have it but I just got it like a few weeks ago. I am still learning to use it other than tank battles I cant really do much for now.

Kuen mein khoodne se phele, patha karlo kitni gehri hai. Yahan pe sab aalsi bhediye hai.

You say you will do it, WE (and I mean everyone on this thread including your own countrymen) are more than happy to give you inputs in xls sheet!

Oscar will become non executive chairman and panzer will be biggest share holder. You will be CEO. And there is another word from C which is not Chief.:partay:

Should do a rerun once we get this first iteration done with more streamlined best practices.

You mean 'we' will run the software. As in management jargon 'we'.

Kuen mein khoodne se phele, patha karlo kitni gehri hai. Yahan pe sab aalsi bhediye hai.

You say you will do it, WE (and I mean everyone on this thread including your own countrymen) are more than happy to give you inputs in xls sheet!

Oscar will become non executive chairman and panzer will be biggest share holder. You will be CEO. And there is another word from C which is not Chief.:partay:

You mean 'we' will run the software. As in management jargon 'we'.
Bro I am currently reading the 200 page plus manual on how to use this game. Also thank you, I will ask help when needed but I already got a friend helping me on it.

Bro I am currently reading the 200 page plus manual on how to use this game. Also thank you, I will ask help when needed but I already got a friend helping me on it.
You got me COMPLETELY wrong. No freaking way I am helping :partay:
:chilli:

@Desert Fox 1 I think will devote lots of time 'helping' you! Not to mention @Princeps Senatus will also provide FULL support!

You got me wrong.

Once we have an extra copy or two, we can transfer all the date from SQ8 and experiment a bit.

The present game will go on, however, until we get to a logical end.

You got me wrong.

Once we have an extra copy or two, we can transfer all the date from SQ8 and experiment a bit.

The present game will go on, however, until we get to a logical end.
I have its files so I can send it to people

what is the timeline? i means as simulation how many days or hours have passed since kinetic operations started.

The results so far show this. Four naval vessels against one. Around sixty five aircraft against twenty or so. Carnage in the lorry park.

I understand its a simulator but loss of crew of 65 minimum over enemy territory play direct influence in future ops.

let me tell you a story: i was discussing cars with two customers who belong to same air force discussed while driving 2010 TX prado for DR CONGO.

while chatting regarding S-400 SAMs and counter ops among other topics they both seemed to be agreeing about LFE from indian Airforce and guess what the senior most said..i am not worried about the first wave but the 2nd and 3rd.

this where pilot to aircraft ratios starts

you might realize the first wave will always be contain 100% elite crew and 2nd wave with 25% elite and 75% average and 3rd wave mostly with Novice crew.
application and deployment of weapons changes so to the success rate.
So its a must that simulator apply pilot - aircraft ratio that will be dependent of future rate of sorties.
Just imagine losing 6 x Rafales with 6 x Crew over Pakistan..that means out of 42 Pilots total they have lost the best 6

I understand its a simulator but loss of crew of 65 minimum over enemy territory play direct influence in future ops.
I agree.

The simulator partly makes amends for its inability to grade the ability of pilots in 1st, 2nd and 3rd waves, by insisting on lesser numbers of aircraft from those surviving being available in each successive wave. Quality is substituted by quantity. Actually, it is not a continuous process of degradation of quantity, only the first and second waves are distinguished, after that, the percentage of aircraft remaining stays constant between one wave and the next.

you might realize the first wave will always be contain 100% elite crew and 2nd wave with 25% elite and 75% average and 3rd wave mostly with Novice crew.
Logical, but hard to quantify. Or to compute as a substitute.

That means that we should either have a fixed pattern that determines the quantity of aircraft in successive waves, and simulates what percentage of each wave is destroyed, OR can compute a systematic degradation of quality, and determines the arithmetic of each wave through applying this updated quality calculation.

Don't know if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Is the gameplay going to be uploaded somewhere ?
Can the mango people get a look ?
Personally, I can't answer that, in the sense that I don't know what traces of decisions taken, and links to the consequences, are available in the software.

But for my own curiousity, could I ask what an observer has gathered of events so far?

Back
Top Bottom