What's new

The Burning South - Live Simulation Thread

Will ground forces' be simulated in Wargame: Red Dragon?
Yes.. whenever I can get to it

Well from what i have heard/observed, the AI in Wargame: Red Dragon is pretty bad, it likes to do helicopter spams, unsupported Armour Rushes etc... I have the game and have seen this.
At the moment for some reason some file got corrupted on the launch platform (separate to the game) so I'm currently fixing that.
It is, but against each other they even out

Nobody in this thread is going to try it. We are waiting for someone else to try it. Believe me when I tell you this. We got one bakra in oscar to do data entry. And @Princeps Senatus jumped into the deep water, without any dive gear and he has found there is no oxygen support.
He jumped right out again. Refuses to answer posts.
Do try it and tell us whether it has been simulated.

ROOTERS NEWS:
Explosions rock Pakistani Airbases as devastation unfolds in the subcontinent.
By Maria Jehove & Shireen Bangash

Following reports of a Pakistani attack on India there were massed formations of Pakistan Air Force aircraft seen returning by onlookers all over Pakistan. Amateur video showed some aircraft with damage along with a few seen shot down over Pakistani airspace. However, at around 7:15 PST several loud bangs were heard over towns and cities neighboring the Indian border before massive explosions likely from missile strikes were seen near and at Pakistani airbases in Karachi, Jacobabad,Sargodha and Peshawar along with reported explosions in other Pakistan bases. The missile explosions continued for at least 20 minutes with large fires seen coming from these airbases implying a massive amount of damage.

So far there has been no report from the Pakistani side but insider reports say there is absolute panic within the leadership circles. It seems India has struck back with some form of cruise or ballistic missile attack in retaliation for the Pakistani strike and has given a heavy blow in return.

AT 0700 Zulu after seeing Pakistan use strategic level weapons in the Babur and Shaheen systems India has retaliated with a massive barrage of Land launched Brahmos and Shaurya BMs with close to 170 launched.

The result is that Pakistan AFB Rafiqui, Jacobabad, Sargodha, Masroor, Bholari and Peshawar even with defenses were severely hit including both infrastructure and Runway operations have ceased for now.
Rafiqui has taken the worst with its runways and taxiways cratered in multiple areas along with massive damage to its aircraft shelters.
In addition , one of the very strategic and expensive HQ-9B sites were completely destroyed.

1x A/C Hangar (2x Large Aircraft)
4x A/C Hangar (2x Medium Aircraft) - Destruction took out 4 JF-17s
5x A/C Hardened Aircraft Shelter (1x Large Aircraft)
1x A/C Hardened Aircraft Shelter (1x Medium Aircraft)
8x HQ-9B TEL [Cargo]
2x Vehicle (China HT-233 [HQ-9]) [Cargo]
1x YLC 2V

Air operations at the PAF bases will not resume for at least a few hours leaving the door open for Indian forces.

Attachments

• 1653104474758.png
    1653104474758.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 39
Will the battles be recorded and posted here? Also any mods being used for Wargame?

Last edited:
I know we put missile strikes away from the sim but seeing how 27 Feb played out, I think next time such conflict arises, we might see air warfare followed by conventional missile strikes and then land intrusion with naval deployments simultaneously. The initial days will be very high-intensity followed by a kind of stalemate at the engagement points and at that period, the political decisions will be the pivot point to either cessation/cool-down of hostilities or revamp of military operations potentially hot - deploying second-strike capabilities by both sides and also spreading out the first strike with mated-weapons.

Nuclear weapons are a deterrent but they will come into operational use once a certain threshold is reached.
Who knows, maybe next time, we see the skirmish start with missile attacks at alleged terror camps in Pakistan territory. Seeing how we reacted with the Brahmos in Mian Channu recently even by mistake (which is hard and potentially was by rogue elements), it is a safer option than using manned aircraft. And we might see a more reactive military response too than given by current/past leadership unlike how we didn't attack back in India (i.e attacked in J&K) and didn't react to Brahmos launch.

The next conflict will both have airforces clashing and missiles with conventional load (cruise + Ballistics (most probably liquid-fueled due to better control and accuracy) taking the charge in initial days.

========FLASH========
CMDR-INAS Dalboim
TAG: DALBOIM Z033000HRS

INS KOLA & KULISH report severe damage from Zarb barrage - INS BRAHMAPUTRA SINKING. STOP.
What happened since!!

I know we put missile strikes away from the sim but seeing how 27 Feb played out, I think next time such conflict arises, we might see air warfare followed by conventional missile strikes and then land intrusion with naval deployments simultaneously.
The lesson is very clear - there is a first-mover advantage only if used to deploy the maximum permissible powerful missile forces below nuclear devices. That is not a narrow space; there are lots of options and alternatives, and using lower level options for the sake of not spooking the opposition into a terrible error is a self-defeating strategy. Not the first mover, but the first mover who uses the maximum permissible force short of nuclear force will be the gainer.
The initial days will be very high-intensity followed by a kind of stalemate at the engagement points and at that period, the political decisions will be the pivot point to either cessation/cool-down of hostilities
It is quite possible that there may be deviation from the simulated game-play in the real world. It is clear that both sides, or either side, may consider that a pause to cool down the situation may be a good idea.
There is no guarantee that this will happen.
Also, there is no reason for a pause due to a 'stalemate'; it is put into quotation marks due to the uncertainty of such a pause occurring. It might, it just as well also might not.
or revamp of military operations potentially hot - deploying second-strike capabilities by both sides and also spreading out the first strike with mated-weapons.
Again, in the real world, this may be precisely the situation; that one side might want to status quo.
In this simulation, use of nuclear devices is not included.
Nuclear weapons are a deterrent but they will come into operational use once a certain threshold is reached.
It is possible.
Who knows, maybe next time, we see the skirmish start with missile attacks at alleged terror camps in Pakistan territory.
This is a distinct possibility.
It became clear during even the first two steps in the simulation that using manned aircraft is pointless and will lead to heavy casualties.
Seeing how we reacted with the Brahmos in Mian Channu recently even by mistake (which is hard and potentially was by rogue elements),
Completely disagree with this. There is no point in this kind of speculation.
it is a safer option than using manned aircraft. And we might see a more reactive military response too than given by current/past leadership unlike how we didn't attack back in India (i.e attacked in J&K) and didn't react to Brahmos launch.
No comment. On our side/my side, I can say with confidence that the Army is prepared for what has just been suggested, and also has the capability of striking back.
The next conflict will both have airforces clashing and missiles with conventional load (cruise + Ballistics (most probably liquid-fueled due to better control and accuracy) taking the charge in initial days.
It is unlikely that aircraft will be risked in initial combat missions. but once opposing AD is fairly comprehensively degraded, that might change.

Back
Top Bottom