What's new

The boy who polished shoes near PTI protest in Sargodha

Education is the key to success. Great story.
Only education is not key to success. There are tens of thousands of educated roaming around without jobs. Education without jobs is a burden of its own kind. We need more vocational schools/colleges where kids get trained in marketable skills so after completing their diplomas/courses, they could find job or start their own business.

SAMAA reported a little boy who was polishing shoes near PTI gathering in Sargodha, his father was ill and he is unable to go to school, so he was polishing shoes to earn food for his family..

he was asked what kind of Pakistan he wishes to see, he said "Acha sa Pakistan.." he said mein naya Pakistan chahta hon, takay mein school ja sakon, or mere behan bhai bhi school ja sakain..

It took us 2 days to find him and finally we found him..

now going to his home to assess the situation.

B0Y80AACQAA-PUP.jpg

atleast one boy's life saved today..

thank you PTI for giving us the courage to take initiatives.
Awesome!!

who is that boy with?

Time to protest against child labor in beloved country :( .
Child labor you are talking about is a Western concept and I don't agree with that concept. It works for them because of their system. These children are playing an important role in our economy (and of their households) and what is needed is to reduce their work hours, give them formal training in skills and help them with starting their own work. Taking them out totally will spell disaster for the families they are supporting.

Child labor you are talking about is a Western concept and I don't agree with that concept. It works for them because of their system. These children are playing an important role in our economy (and of their households) and what is needed is to reduce their work hours, give them formal training in skills and help them with starting their own work.
they're not treated well and they're exploited.
A child should be playing and learning...his shoulders are too weak to carry the burden of a family.
Child labor should stop!!!
Pls.

Child labor you are talking about is a Western concept and I don't agree with that concept. It works for them because of their system. These children are playing an important role in our economy (and of their households) and what is needed is to reduce their work hours, give them formal training in skills and help them with starting their own work.
Agreed but quality education is more important then formal trainings. Isn't it . Sir i have a better option for them like they can be provided scholarships by government.

Agreed but quality education is more important then formal trainings. Isn't it . Sir i have a better option for them like they can be provided scholarships by government.
I am a teacher by profession and I have observed and studied these issue very closely. First you need to define education, once definition in hand, we talk about quality of the education. Type of education we have in Pakistan is no education but what I call 'information burden'. What I have studied in School has, for the most part, never helped me in my practical life or profession and I bet this is also true for you or for anyone else for that matter. Type of syllabus we currently have was designed in colonial era when preferred profession were pretty different than the ones many like to choose today. Now it is about specialization, and in order to move forward, one needs to be super focused. I see need for only three subjects, that are, English, Maths, and Science. We need to get rid of the remaining subjects or made them ancillary subjects. We are wasting too many resources on subject that yield nothing for the students and waste their precious time. When it comes to become a master, one needs to start early on, at very young age and remained focused throughout.

For instance, how the great masters of music are trained/groomed/made? They are trained from childhood, they learn continuously from their teachers, and they practice their skills, and practice, and practice, and after 15 or so years, they are finally graduated as masters. It would still take them another couple of decades to become Ustad Barey Ghulam Ali Khan, Pandit Ravi Shankar, Mehdi Hasan, Iqbal Bano, Fareeda Khanum, Ustad Tafoo and many others of their rank. Now this is not restricted to music only but applies to all the skills/professions.

Last edited:
I am a teacher by profession and I have observed and studied these issue very closely. First you need to define education, once definition in hand, we talk about quality of the education. Type of education we have in Pakistan is no education but what I call 'information burden'. What I have studied in School has, for the most part, never helped me in my practical life or profession and I bet this is also true for you or for anyone else for that matter. Type of syllabus we currently have was designed in colonial era when preferred profession were pretty different than the ones many like to choose today. Now it is about specialization, and in order to move forward, one needs to be super focused. I see need for only three subjects, that are, English, Maths, and Science. We need to get rid of the remaining subjects or made them ancillary subjects. We are wasting too many resources on subject that yield nothing for the students and waste their precious time. When it comes to become a master, one needs to start early on, at very young age and remained focused throughout.
Then how we upgrades our Education level it is responsibility of a government. Isn't it?

Then how we upgrades our Education level it is responsibility of a government. Isn't it?
Private sector has to come forward. There already are many quality Schools/colleges but they are for elites and do not cater 99.99% Pakistani kids. It is my wish to establish a School system in Pakistan which is top notch in quality but affordable for everyone, in-fact free if possible. Me and my wife (who is a School administrator here) has discussed about this but situation in Pakistan does not allow us to go back and attempt to invest into this. Pakistani philanthropists need to come forward, and help those who wish to establish such school systems. It is not impossible but very hard to get anything established of quality in the public sector and maintain it.

Politician Kissing babies

ALMIGHTY says, when you give with your right hand make sure your left hand doesn't know and vice versa

Back
Top Bottom