What's new

The Ball is in your Court Sir

The funniest post in this thread. Please dont waste your valuable time here as this thread has nothing to do with India or your thoughts and intentions towards Pakistan. Enough said. Thnks
Plausible Deniability? Don't want to face the facts as usual? Please don't advise me whether I should be wasting my valuable time on this thread or not. That is not for you to decide.

If you didn't know, the topic is about allocation of funds for defense from the federal budget, isn't it? Understanding the issue at the macro level is beyond your comprehension. I suggest you do some reading and research first before coming out with such gems and posting baloney here.

Thanks.

yesterday the finance minister offered to reduce the GST from 17% to 16% if the defence secretary would reduce the defence allocation by 50 billion PKR from their non-developmental budget.......

hail the mighty 'used car salesman' has spoken...! go get a life...!

Hi,

First time you wrote something of your own---instead of stealing it from magazines and pasting and posting it----I will give an E for effort.

What does a 'used car salesman' has to do with my comments.

Bottomline is---if the military gives away its funds---the civilians will steal it.

As for 'majority of posters are agreeing with you'---that is another RED FLAG---see when most pakistanis agree on something---they would do better if they did just the opposite---.

Plausible Deniability? Don't want to face the facts as usual? Please don't advise me whether I should be wasting my valuable time on this thread or not. That is not for you to decide.

If you didn't know, the topic is about allocation of funds for defense from the federal budget, isn't it?.

yes the post was bit harsh but the line you adopted is beaten to death on almost every existing thread in the forum.
the thread is about the idea of what the military already has allocated to itself for the present and future.

the article suggests even a more radical thinking about defence cuts due to the current circumstances state of Pakistan finds itself. the usual line that army "will never let go of its share and will demand for more" is a bit off now because a lot of its projects , programs, acquisitions, trainings etc have seen a significant cut or even a shut down.

the budgetary defence figures are as realistic as they are for health and education (sorry for the lack of term) what is actually received is even less and past government was even using the funds from Americans for Pak Army's military assistance for its debt servicing. the real figure that rivals the defence figures is the non developmental funds or discretionary funds that are distributed to the members of the ruling party. there is no danger of denting that amount on the other hand they are getting further boasts.

the military has already scaled down itself due to the financial constraints and will continue to do so because there is no other sector left standing that can be sucked out of life.

as long as India keeps 80% of its military deployed along the Pakistani borders (I can run the figures with you if you want) Pakistan army will continue to use this "excuse" to respond in kind and will have the support of the people like myself.

Hi,

First time you wrote something of your own---instead of stealing it from magazines and pasting and posting it----I will give an E for effort.

What does a 'used car salesman' has to do with my comments.

Bottomline is---if the military gives away its funds---the civilians will steal it.

As for 'majority of posters are agreeing with you'---that is another RED FLAG---see when most pakistanis agree on something---they would do better if they did just the opposite---.

sir gee you remind me of an Old Baloch fart (no pun intended, he was a real deal bless him) who would treat people with Milk & more.
that more used to be termed as goat droppings. I think there is a saying about that.

I do agree with you, what you say (red flag?) yes whatever military lets go will be looted and wasted by the civilians I am as certain about it as you and I being Pakistanis. but then again, some posters say that the money still with military is also being wasted one way or another

so I say.. why bother.

its like..

why does it matter to a victim of a collateral damage if he was killed by a "smart bomb" or a dirty bomb? he is dead anyway

so the money is gone one way or another so why loose any sleep over it?

hail the mighty 'used car salesman' has spoken...! go get a life...!

that was lower than low ....i never expected this from you or ever seen such insensitive personal remark in my life....

so I say.. why bother.

its like..

why does it matter to a victim of a collateral damage if he was killed by a "smart bomb" or a dirty bomb? he is dead anyway

so the money is gone one way or another so why loose any sleep over it?

Those are the words of a wise man indeed.

The present system works very well for those in control, and not as well for the people at large, and that has been accepted by just about everybody. The stability of the system, right or wrong as it is, should not be challenged, for the alternatives are even worse.

that was lower than low ....i never expected this from you or ever seen such insensitive personal remark in my life....

which planet you been living on? welcome to the real world. if you need counselling then please let me know
and by the way

both Mastan & Fatman have a long history of love and hate relationship and I dismiss it as two old relatives bickering about what used to be right and wrong and how one had done the other wrong back about 40 years ago.
when the sparks fly between them then i see some interesting posts so dont lose any tears over it get hold of yourself son :)

Yeah well, I do not have an opinion on the write-up, but I'd like to say what a pleasure it was to read the word 'whopping' spelled correctly by the OP. To me that is old school and the mark of someone who knows his stuff, an educated man. :tup:

For the internet illiterati who mean 'very large' or 'massive', please do not write 'whooping' because that is a high pitched cry. It's not 'whup' because that is to beat the tarnation out of someone.

In other word when I see you misspelling 'whopping', I feel like whooping and then whupping your blessed backside.

The Ball is in your Court Sir…..!

dated 15th June 2013

The allocation for Defense in the Federal Budget announced on 13th June is a whopping ...

FM17

I am not taking sides here or being emotional patriot , but I suggest money stays with Military, as it will not be utilized in the way it should be with Civil Govt. Even if they do this just to merely get in liberal's good books, it won't make a difference, as it did not make when they gave up CSF. they will always be criticized no matter what they do for there wrong doings.

from PA to PN , NDC to PMO every department has its flaws but comparing that to civilians where a head clerk will shoot you in the face ; asking for bribe, but no one cares about that.

If you didn't know, the topic is about allocation of funds for defense from the federal budget, isn't it? Understanding the issue at the macro level is beyond your comprehension. I suggest you do some reading and research first before coming out with such gems and posting baloney here.

Thanks.

Ok very well.

First of all this thread is about Pakistani budget and an idea by our respectable member about giving away part of defence budget for budgetary support. Alright??
You in your last post cried wolf that Indians are an angel and Pakistan Army has created a self-serving hype regarding India to get a huge dough from Pakistani tax-payers. For that reason i told you very politely that this thread has nothing to do with India or Pakistan threat perceptions via-a-vs India.

If you have got anything factual as you mentioned in your post, then please create a new thread about Indian Defence budget. Tell us what are the threats which compelled India to spend such a huge money on her armed forces, when 80% Indians live below poverty. When huge population of India dont even have access to toilet. We shall discuss the relevant facts in that thread.

Dont poke your nose in everything related to Pakistan army and we dont need your comments, which are purely based on bias and wrong perceptions.

Hi,

Since when has the military become the step child of pakistan----. The problems with pakistan is corruption and nepotism and not the military expenditue.

So---who will suffer if military gives away its funds---the defence. Instead of looking at the core issue----there is a white wash recommended.

Who's friend is the writer----doesn't look like to be that of pakistan and pakistan's military----. The enemy must be happy that here is the 2 time chairperson of TT of the one of the largest defence related web-site telling the pak military to lay down its weapons---.

I have been at times critical and brutal at commenting at pak military but never even imagined to ask them to be impotent.

I have been at times critical and brutal at commenting at pak military but never even imagined to ask them to be impotent.

REVERSE psychology maybe. bring up the debate and see if its even possible? we all have opinions that are dictated by our likes and dislikes. at least we can reach a point if debated objectively if doing so will result in a long term good?

LeJ and Lal masjid episode has pretty much made our military sterile anyway that I find far more appalling that all those who throw their uniform and join the terrorists excel at killing their former colleagues.
drone, AK2, JF17 Block 2, and missile programs have to halt for now because country is grinding to a full stop and everyone is looking at army and dishing the entire blame on it. army takes over Wapda? did help back in the days with collections why not the entire setup? it has bakeries, cement , banking and fertilizers under its belt anyway,

let Aishya sadiqa cry and sell her sequel to Army Inc 2

forget it

i dont have an opinion about these long term plans. my worry is how the terrorists will shame the military once again in their next spectacular attack.

No arguments there Sir

Best example would be Government of Balochistan. After years of crying for an increased budgetary support, their budget was tripled. They still have nothing to show for that budgetary increase, nobody knows where that money went.

Pakistan cannot such high budget for the armed forces. It must be reduced until our economy is recovered.

Back
Top Bottom