What's new

The Attack on Pakistan's Erieye

I am of the opinion that the aircrafts were transmitting their position,and thats why such accurate knowledge of their position.............

Is there any credible basis to your opinion in this case?

This is childish. Neither of you has any proof. One side has the official statements, the other 'insider reports'. You both have stated your points now please get out. Stop acting like this is a matter which can be solved through a debate. You're debating for the sake of debate, a debate which has no logic except A said X and B said Y.

Its funny how you Sherlocks depend on the likes of Taimi and Fatman for your info and now, suddenly, you have all of these insiders popping up. Your insiders can't ever tell anything useful otherwise but now, yeah they were definitely there roasting marshmallows on the burning wreckage.

You have stated what you have heard, we have heard what the officials have stated, that's that. So unless you have any proof you don't get to tell anyone what is and what is not.

PS: Mafya the reporter you keep quoting made a whole Mirage rebuild factory blow up without a sliver of truth in it......and you still keep quoting him?

good recee plus inside info. Recee in a sense they had observe the awac flying and landing at which times and also after landing it rests in which hanger. As nukepak said, there are couple of locations around kamra through person can observe all these activities.

There is only one regret i always feel. Before GHQ attack, there was specefic intel. Before mehran base there was specefic intel. Before kamra there was specefic intel and all the attacks occured with in a week. Show how much importance is given to intel.

There is only one regret i always feel. Before GHQ attack, there was specefic intel. Before mehran base there was specefic intel. Before kamra there was specefic intel and all the attacks occured with in a week. Show how much importance is given to intel.

That is the sad part..About Kamra i have friends living there and in December 2011 the security was tightened based on intelligence of an upcoming attack...All civilians were barred from entering the premises,and boom,4 months later 800 million dollar worth of critical equipment was toast...
There is some serious lack of communication among institutions and base commanders upto now have proved to be idiots...
I don't know whats the armed forces criteria for a base commander,but i guess there isn't much check on them.

1 has been damaged considerably, Saab team was / is in Kamra and looking what to do with it. May be the radars system is taken off and installed on another platform, platform may have damaged considerably, but equipment seems to be usable, platform might need extensive repair but it depends on the decision and am not sure as of now what final decision has been taken, when will come to know would do share.

And do thank Allah as from what i have known, the militants had planted a bomb on the shelter where the aircraft were parked, but it failed to explode. Otherwise consequences would have been devastating.

And also there is a strong feeling that the attack may have a foreign hand in it, as the Erieyes have been and are being extensively used to monitor the border and inside the country on our north-western border.

The militants knew exactly the location of the aircraft and they specifically came to target them.

And one of the RPG fired on the shelter went through it without exploding, which again would have resulted devastation.

The militants were very highly trained and knew where they were and what they had come for.

I think the Navy and Airforce both need to build hardened shelters for these aircraft, and FREAKIN use them when Aircraft are on the ground!!!!

Aircraft comes back from sortie, put it in hanger. Put fire extinguishing measures in place and all the maintenance equipment.

I think the Navy and Airforce both need to build hardened shelters for these aircraft, and FREAKIN use them when Aircraft are on the ground!!!!

Aircraft comes back from sortie, put it in hanger. Put fire extinguishing measures in place and all the maintenance equipment.

Base commanders have been pricks...
Armed forces need to up their criteria for base commanders....Such useless unprofessional careless people become custodians of country's critical assets.

Hardened shelters would be good against the likes of aircraft bombings, but from close up, when the enemy is already on the ground and within touching distance of them, hardened shelters won't do any good IMO.

And I second Taimi on the part where he said that planted explosives were also placed by the militants near the Saabs.

really-a-pony-version-of-a-meme-some-bronies-really-_2fb4eedd3de7d2f02ac5b5b683891f6d-jpg.376

sir ! koi ghalati ho gyi ?

After all that I still do not know what is the truth!!! My gut feeling is that the kamra attack resulted in some major damage. I am also at a loss to explain why the TTP would go after the electronics other than to hurt PK economically, but these ACs cannot be used against them. I am also at a loss as to how a fellow member can state a P3C can be used over a mountainous land mass when it is specifically designed for anti-ship and ant-sub operations. It is not a JSTARS.

Oh well time will tell, in the mean time fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Bhai jan, P-3c is maritime surveillance & Anti-Ship aircraft, it doesn't perform land attack/strikes or bombardment.

i know that sir but can it not be used for signal intelleigence and precision attacks ?
it is given on wiki as
In 2007, the P3C aircraft were used by the Navy to conduct signal intelligence missions, airborne and bombing operations in a Swat offensive and the final operations in North. The precision and strategic bombings were carried out by the P3C aircraft as well as conducting intelligence management on Taliban and al-Qaeda operatives in 2007

After all that I still do not know what is the truth!!! My gut feeling is that the kamra attack resulted in some major damage. I am also at a loss to explain why the TTP would go after the electronics other than to hurt PK economically, but these ACs cannot be used against them. I am also at a loss as to how a fellow member can state a P3C can be used over a mountainous land mass when it is specifically designed for anti-ship and ant-sub operations. It is not a JSTARS.

Oh well time will tell, in the mean time fingers crossed and hope for the best.

Because they weren't you Random Yabbo Taliban..Definately sent and trained by some powers who had interest in Destroying AWACS..
But they didnt go after Chinese AWACS?

Because they weren't you Random Yabbo Taliban..Definately sent and trained by some powers who had interest in Destroying AWACS..
But they didnt go after Chinese AWACS?

In karachi.. at Masroor.. which is relatively remote and away from larger patches of population.
Also, an attack at Masroor would have only hit the CHinese awacs which are replaceable easliy..
Here, not only did you have Multiple other targets than the SAAB.. the SAAB arent replaceable.

Base commander must have been a political appointee.

It is PPP ruling after all.

In karachi.. at Masroor.. which is relatively remote and away from larger patches of population.
Also, an attack at Masroor would have only hit the CHinese awacs which are replaceable easliy..
Here, not only did you have Multiple other targets than the SAAB.. the SAAB arent replaceable.

I agree that Boundary wall to hanger Distance at Kamra was Exceptionally short..
But Masroor base is too large to be scanned completely all the time and many hiding places and many weak spots..
We in our days used to go in and out from here at low tide when the tidal lake used to get drained out.

but on eastern side there is a very large colony here and distance to runway is less than a kilometer...Anybody can observe the base from here undetected...

Back
Top Bottom