What's new

The Amazing story of Raziya sultana - The woman who became Sultan leading a vaste empire

Qutb-ud-din-Aibak

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Her story is amazing and something taken out of a fictionalized movie but it is real story
Raziya-of-Delhi.png

portrait of Raziya Sultana

In India, we read about her in History in 7th grade and she is portrayed very positively. Also there was an Indian TV drama too about her life.

Yes, I agree...She is rated very positively and respected in our history..I think along with Dara Sikoh, she is another Moghul queen and ruler who is admired.

Her rule lasted for 4 years only and she died (killed) at the age of 35. She is buried with her sister Shazia in Mehruli, Delhi if I am not wrong.

Lol at Atuniya falling in love with her while she is in his prison and him being sent to elimimate her. Dude gave in to his emotions..

Major change of heart he was there to kill her not love her

Her story is amazing and something taken out of a fictionalized movie but it is real story
Raziya-of-Delhi.png

portrait of Raziya Sultana

There is a wonderful book by Rafiq Zakaria on her and the history of her reign. Worth reading if you are interested in the history of the sub continent.

I had seen that movie decades ago when it came out on a VCR in Karachi! LOL! And thanks to You Tube, can and have been watching it as many times I'd like to!! Wonderful movie and from the Wiki accounts, the movie is fairly based on Razia's real life.

Back
Top Bottom