The Algerian Armed Forces.

camio10.jpg

78216122nn6zb5.jpg

4051normalkq5.jpg

t55_co10.jpg

btr-6010.jpg

38374510.jpg

ot6410.jpg

Their airforces are much better but navies n armies?

I would think that the Turkish Armed Forces as a whole would be better than that of Pakistan ! The things that would make us bridge that gap are our numbers, our experience, our training and our missiles (and I'm not talking about the nukes); throw in the nukes and we'd probably top the list ! Their navies (at least the Turkish Navy) is considerably better than their Pakistani counterparts ! So this is how I see it :

Army :
Turkey > Pakistan > Iran > the rest of the Muslim Countries !

AirForce :
Turkey > Saudi > UAEs > PAF > the rest !

Navy :
Turkey > Indonesia > PN > Iran > the rest !

AirDefense :
Turkey > Iran > A couple of Muslim Countries > Pakistan !

Their airforces are much better but navies n armies?but saudi training? and number of jets in Tuaf?

My friend, Saudi pilots got high scores in drills were taken with superpowers air-forces, especially in Red and Green Flags. No offence, You guys underestimate others to make yourselves feel better.

My friend, Saudi pilots got high scores in drills were taken with superpowers air-forces, especially in Red and Green Flags. No offence, You guys underestimate others to make yourselves feel better.

Why would we do it... a few war games dnt make much difference...what makes difference is real combat... how many real combat missions have saudis seen? how many kills in air to air or A2G combat have they scored? yes we feel proud to have one of the best airforces with one of the best kill record in the world.. be it against india,israel or even russia ....... we have shoot them down and touched the sky with glory...made records tht still exist even after 5 decades... thanks for the rude comment... but lets see what have saudis accomplished in the last century? they and other arabs still train "under" technical advisors from around the world......cant even overhaul their own tanks? You make me laugh....

I would think that the Turkish Armed Forces as a whole would be better than that of Pakistan ! The things that would make us bridge that gap are our numbers, our experience, our training and our missiles (and I'm not talking about the nukes); throw in the nukes and we'd probably top the list ! Their navies (at least the Turkish Navy) is considerably better than their Pakistani counterparts ! So this is how I see it :

Army :
Turkey > Pakistan > Iran > the rest of the Muslim Countries !

AirForce :
Turkey > Saudi > UAEs > PAF > the rest !

Navy :
Turkey > Indonesia > PN > Iran > the rest !

AirDefense :
Turkey > Iran > A couple of Muslim Countries > Pakistan !

Army :
PAK>Turkey etc.

Airforce:
KSA>tuaf>PAF etc
Navy:
TN>PN> rest....... By the time we induct our Nuclear sub we would be the leadin muslim navy.

Nukes:
Pakistan

Actual COMBAT EXPERIENCE:
PAKISTAN

Why would we do it... a few war games dnt make much difference...what makes difference is real combat... how many real combat missions have saudis seen? how many kills in air to air or A2G combat have they scored? yes we feel proud to have one of the best airforces with one of the best kill record in the world.. be it against india,israel or even russia ....... we have shoot them down and touched the sky with glory...made records tht still exist even after 5 decades... thanks for the rude comment... but lets see what have saudis accomplished in the last century? they and other arabs still train "under" technical advisors from around the world......cant even overhaul their own tanks? You make me laugh....

Yah whatever :blah:
Now, can we return to the main topic?

Mate, the PAF has seen actual conflict about half a dozen times and done us proud on more than one occasion ! PAF advisers are present everywhere from Sri Lanka to the UAE to the Kingdom...surely we must have been doing something right if our personnel are employed and thought highly of ! Additionally the PAF has had the unique advantage of operating with a massive disadvantage, which is to say that we've always trained ourselves to fight at our optimum level against an Airforce 3 times our size backed with an economy 10 times our size, otherwise we'd be completely obliterated ! And yes the PAF has engaged in countless dozens of drills and exercises involving everyone from China to the US to our Turkish Friends...so when we say that the PAF is good...its pretty darn good ! It might not have the equipment that the RSAF boasts right now.....but if ever pitted against it, I know who I'd be betting on ! So I think the statement should be rephrased : You guys underestimate us far too much !

If their budget is really equal to Pakistan than yes no one is asking them to have Soldiers more than 300000 but they should have fare better equipment specially for their navy and Air Force for navy they should have at least 8 most modern frigates and at least 6 submarines with many Missile and Boats and their Air Force should have around 250 Fighter Planes of Su 30 level and also new AWACS the equipment which they have these days is not enough and indicates their leaders are doing huge amount of corruption

Algeria can field more than 500 000 soldiers in case of war (Millions if need be).

Due to some hardships it went through in the last 30 years; The attrition war in the western Sahara against Morocco, and its internal fightings for more than a decade, plus corruption and mismanagement of mega sized projects all lead to some obvious weaknesses due to these obvious causes.
But all in all they have managed to get out of it. So, do expect a yet more modern and powerful armed forces from Algeria in the near future.
Sir these problems are not equal to what Pakistan has faced main problem is they have far far far more corruption than in our Armed Forces with this budget they could have developed their forces up to the level of France and Germany because they don't have million soldiers only around 200000 soldiers combined and yet they lack equipment

I think Algeria has a bigger area and they will going to need more fighters than now!!!
So they should have taken some license production of about 70-110 Su-30MKAs along with about 70 MiG-35s when they got available and the upgradation for the 34 Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-29, 14 Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25 & 22 Sukhoi Su-24 with Russian help and then Moving towards 50 JF-17 Block-IIs and 50 JF-17s Block-IIIs when they got available along with PACs UAVs. So the fleet migh look like:
110 Su-30MKAs
110 JF-17s
70+34 Mig35/29s

If their budget is really equal to Pakistan than yes no one is asking them to have Soldiers more than 300000 but they should have fare better equipment specially for their navy and Air Force for navy they should have at least 8 most modern frigates and at least 6 submarines with many Missile and Boats and their Air Force should have around 250 Fighter Planes of Su 30 level and also new AWACS the equipment which they have these days is not enough and indicates their leaders are doing huge amount of corruption

Sir these problems are not equal to what Pakistan has faced main problem is they have far far far more corruption than in our Armed Forces with this budget they could have developed their forces up to the level of France and Germany because they don't have million soldiers only around 200000 soldiers combined and yet they lack equipment

The conflicts I have mentioned, have drained their economy, this budget is relatively new.
Although I agree with you on the size and numbers of equipments they should have by now, the immediate threat to Algeria is perceived as Israel and Europe (mainly France) somehow, not Morocco or Tunisia/lybia the neighbouring countries.
As far as corruption is concerned, I think the compromise reached with the Islamists comprised fighting that vice, since it was a very known fact that many high ranking generals and politicians were corrupt to the bones.

The conflicts I have mentioned, have drained their economy, this budget is relatively new.
Although I agree with you on the size and numbers of equipments they should have by now, the immediate threat to Algeria is perceived as Israel and Europe (mainly France) somehow, not Morocco or Tunisia/lybia the neighbouring countries.
As far as corruption is concerned, I think the compromise reached with the Islamists comprised fighting that vice, since it was a very known fact that many high ranking generals and politicians were corrupt to the bones.
Sir Still their budget is euqal to Pakistan defence budget so they should have far better Force than which they already have because if can manage around 1 million force with this budget and really equip them well Algeria can't even 200000 Soldiers sir first read what I am saying Military budgets are same of both countries still this huge difference How is that sir ?

Sir Still their budget is euqal to Pakistan defence budget so they should have far better Force than which they already have because if can manage around 1 million force with this budget and really equip them well Algeria can't even 200000 Soldiers sir first read what I am saying Military budgets are same of both countries still this huge difference How is that sir ?

Which country (s) does Algeria have excellent friendship and military co-operation if any?

And which countries are hostile? That it may need such a big defense budget?

Back
Top Bottom