What's new

The Algerian Armed Forces.

Modern War specially in Ukraine has also proven that along with things you mention you still large and well-equipped infantry to hold ground. Otherwise, you can't win the war.
different region. Algeria is mostly open plains/desert with very little cover. There's no forests to hide in so drones/arty combo will decimate any infantry holding ground.

Algeria seems to be another Pakistan in one case. You are getting latest fighter jets, ships, submarines for your forces but your infantry soldiers are still using old rifles. no scopes or thermal or night vision sights. @Ceylal
I understand what you says, I partly share your idea, but indeed a modern army must be on top and give the best to these soldiers. What often gives the advantage to the armies is not that their clothing or more glass or that they have an M-4 modernized against an AKM, but rather the technological dominance, the support that the army sees again during a battle, for example in Afghanistan when NATO armies fell in ambush, they immediately asks for air reinforcement to have the advantage, otherwise they will be in troubles, despite their equipment.

Afterwards, yes, it's clear that when your soldier is better equipped, he has a better mind, when you give him more suitable shoes with better comfort, he will feel it on a daily basis, when you give him a lighter bulletproof vest , he'll feel it too, it'll be a plus for him, if you spend your days complaining about your foot pain and that your vest is getting in your way - you'll soon be in a bad mood for being there.

Also to have radios and individual NVGs, they should launch the mass production of this equipment which has become standard equipment in any soldier of the 21st century. I don't bury the Kalashnikov personally, it's an effective weapon, robust, reliable and above all easy to repair in the field with the first piece of scrap lying around on the ground so changing it would be a big mistake.

I understand what you says, I partly share your idea, but indeed a modern army must be on top and give the best to these soldiers. What often gives the advantage to the armies is not that their clothing or more glass or that they have an M-4 modernized against an AKM, but rather the technological dominance, the support that the army sees again during a battle, for example in Afghanistan when NATO armies fell in ambush, they immediately asks for air reinforcement to have the advantage, otherwise they will be in troubles, despite their equipment.

Afterwards, yes, it's clear that when your soldier is better equipped, he has a better mind, when you give him more suitable shoes with better comfort, he will feel it on a daily basis, when you give him a lighter bulletproof vest , he'll feel it too, it'll be a plus for him, if you spend your days complaining about your foot pain and that your vest is getting in your way - you'll soon be in a bad mood for being there.

Also to have radios and individual NVGs, they should launch the mass production of this equipment which has become standard equipment in any soldier of the 21st century. I don't bury the Kalashnikov personally, it's an effective weapon, robust, reliable and above all easy to repair in the field with the first piece of scrap lying around on the ground so changing it would be a big mistake.

Completely agree. It's the perfect firearm for large armies and ones that have challenging climates they have to defend. The cost/affordability, accuracy, access, learning curve and maintenance for cadets are all good qualities for AKMs. Until another revolutionary MG comes along, the AK will last a lot longer as the most principal firearm of large armies especially within Arab countries.

Algerian Army tank corps nighttime exercise with their T-90s.
How many of those do you have?

1691180294171.png

1691180395932.png

I believe this is an Mi-28 also participating. Good stuff!

1691180451363.png

1691180468713.png

Last edited:
Algerian Air Force MiG-29M.

1691181114665.png

1691181150642.png

Algerian behemoth helo Mi-24 MKIII

1691181210162.png

1691181231495.png

Brand new fire-fighting Beriev 200 just delivered a few months ago in May.

1691181404422.png

1691181338557.png

Algerian Army display a new domestic artillery system based on a 6x6 Mercedes-Benz Zetros chassis with a 122mm howitzer mounted at the rear of the chassis.
This new howitzer is equipped with a Chinese digital ballistic computer/fire control system (DFCS), and use the same 122mm gun as the Chinese CS/SH4 .

Le-journal-d-information-du-19-H-08-08-2023-7-14-screenshot.png
Le-journal-d-information-du-19-H-08-08-2023-7-12-screenshot.png
Le-journal-d-information-du-19-H-08-08-2023-7-15-screenshot.png

Last edited:
AK102 5.56×45mm NATO - AK101 NATO 5.56x45 and 5.56x45 mm AR-M4SF and AR-M12F Most Likely local Production

1691516629582.jpg
Screenshot_20230810-161216.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom