What's new

#ThankyouMisbah and #ThankyouAfridi – You will be missed!

No matter how much Pakistanis dislike these two for their latest endeavours but a logical person will always remember them for their whole career.

One might dislike them for their missed opportunities but post retirement their complete journey will be observed and that surely make these guys legends in Pakistani cricket.

Fock India and Australia . I want either NZ or South Africa to win. And i will be more pissed if SA dont win the world cup this time.

We will troll Sheikh Hasina if SA loses ---- i know there is no connection and no chemistry but still we will troll Sheikh Hasina
Coz you are a dickhead. :D
Even I will be one of I troll Pakistanis for Argentina losing the world cup final. :rofl:

#THANKYOUMISBAH
But Afridi absolutely NO the damage that 37 ball fluke century has done to modern Pakistani batsmanship will take years to undo
If this guy was playing for AUS or S.A he wouldn't have lasted for more than 50 odis

Will miss Misbah ul Haq. Afridi should have left a long time ago with dignity. The biggest loss for cricket at this world cup however is Sangakara. What a legend.

They both are wonderful players... they have been pillars of pak cricket team for a long time....
It was sad to see people rejoicing their retirement...

Playing cricket in sub continent is a thankless affair

I do remember once Ravi Shastri giving a shut up call to a live caller who was demanding early retirement from Sachin Tendulkar on live show because his bad form was getting continued for a while...Shastri's words were..." There is pill called Prevagen which is made for people like you who do suffer from short term memory loss, so that you might be able to recall how well Sachin has served India and Indian cricket "...!! Can't forget his words man. Indeed serving cricket in sub continent is a thankless job.

Michael Holding & Ian Chappell say about Misbah & Afridi.

Holding clearly says Pakistan will miss Misbah for his calmness, batting & leadership but can't be said same about Afridi.

Ian Chappell seconds Holding and has already called Afridi an idiot on another famous occasion.

While people in Pakistan who have never even played at a club level ridicule Misbah while glorify Afridi mainly because of media's influence.

I'm sure people will find other references to negate it. And, yes all they are left with is testimonies by Yahya Hussainis & Naseem Rajputs

Afridi was alrightish nothing special & wont miss him not even a bit .

Misbah though was the one man who held Pakistan when we were on the floor after the no ball scandal ,he alone held this team together and now he's gone i fear for Pakistan cricket as he was the right man right leader .
I hope Misbah can be our team manager otherwise our crickets finished due to our own doing
Remember when we ruled the world at Hockey our national sport
Remember when we ruled the world in Squash ,champion after champion after champion ,now look and see how WE ruined these sports and where we are now .
Pakistan still needs Misbah in some form or another .

Great Analysis on PTV

Misbah though was the one man who held Pakistan when we were on the floor after the no ball scandal ,he alone held this team together and now he's gone i fear for Pakistan cricket as he was the right man right leader .
I hope Misbah can be our team manager otherwise our crickets finished due to our own doing
Remember when we ruled the world in Squash ,champion after champion after champion ,now look and see how WE ruined these sports and where we are now .

Great Analysis on PTV

Great Analysis on PTV

What ever happen to this talent?????????????????????????

10376342_1578664689058782_3976400506979598128_n.jpg

Thank you for everything !
26804-cover-1426935097-663-640x480.jpg

Dear Misbah and Afridi, thank you for making us laugh and giving us incredible memories. You will always be remembered in the history of Pakistani cricket. PHOTO: AFP

“It looks bad. Who will save the middle-order now?”

“Don’t worry, Misbah is still about to play.”

“Oh man! The strike rate is so low! We are definitely losing this.”

“I am counting on Afridi. He can save the game.”

These are some of the many conversations that take place between Pakistani cricket fans during any important match. But sadly, it will not happen anymore.

Misbahul Haq and Shahid Afridi will no longer accompany our heated discussions. They will no longer dominate our debates. And I wonder if there will ever be another duo about whom we would be as passionate as we are for these two.

misbah-and-afridi.jpg

Shahid Afridi and Misbahul Haq, during a match against Sri Lanka. Photo: AFP

Will there be a new Tuk Tuk and a new Boom Boom?

Not in the distant future.

Who will perform in spite of being hated by many?

Who will hit the shots and aim for the boundaries during pressure?

Their absence will be sorely felt. And those who hated Misbah or thought Afridi was irrelevant, will now know how an ODI team looks like without these two powerhouses.

Pakistan played its last match of the World Cup against Australia yesterday and said goodbye to the trophy for another four years. While the tournament had some great individual performances, we had our lows. Our dismal start made things a lot harder for us. And that is something that the existing players should understand.

But for now, that doesn’t matter. We can review our mistakes and hope to make things better later on. But it doesn’t matter right now.

What matters is highlighting the two players who have always tried to help the team and bring it to victory. What matters is Afridi’s sixes and Misbah’s consistency. What matters is the tribute that these two legendary players most definitely deserve.

Shahid Afridi

We cannot ignore the outstanding and unpredictable innings of the man who made the fastest century for Pakistan, who served us for 19 years, who took some amazing wickets and caught some incredible catches. The man who made us exhilarate with joy by bringing home the T20 World Cup trophy. He gave our nation many reasons to laugh.

I am sure no one can ever replicate the pressure and fear he exerted on other players. I know that he failed in achieving his happy ending but we still have tonnes of happy moments to appreciate and respect him for.
11067514_430697670431371_5698214120713135490_n.jpg

11073200_862074743841701_4680977415850330076_o.jpg

Shahid Afridi. Photo: Reuters

Misbahul Haq

Many have misunderstood his patience, his intelligent cricket, his strength and his ability to give confidence to other players in the team. People have cussed him, abused him, have mercilessly criticised him and even questioned his role in the team. Yet, he has remained nothing but loyal to the game and steadfast to his vision.

He stood by his team in the toughest of times. He scored when the team needed him to. He never scored a century but made sure he was the leading run-scorer from our nation whenever it was required. He was the second Pakistani batsman to score 3,000 plus runs in ODI as a captain. Furthermore, he captained this bunch of amateurs to so many victories, saved the team from so many embarrassing totals and, shamefully, he is still the most criticised player in the history of Pakistan.

While it is thoroughly disheartening to see such a quality player retire, it is even more painful to know that many are happy to see him go.

misbah1.jpg

Misbahul Haq. Photo: AFP

They will be missed

These players gave us moments that nobody ever could. We owe them a lot of gratitude and we need to keep them in high esteem. It is their right to be respected. These are our real heroes and if we really appreciate their services to this country, then we need to give them a loving farewell to express our gratitude, like other nations do.

Our hero's.Thank you for everything.
11061777_10152730545717555_5410965514303302331_n.jpg

Thankyou Mishbah , he has faced unnecessary castigation from former players,and yet he has given it all for his country.

People are thanking god that he has retired.I would love to see their response when Pakistan team crumbles and he is not there to save it. We have taken him for granted,now that he is gone,people who abused him would miss him the most .

Not in a million year as a cricketing nation will ever forget these moment.

Thank you for everything,for all the good memories.
Guys watch these awesome tributes, @SpArK , @HttpError ,@rockstar08 @utraash ,@DESERT FIGHTER ,@Winchester ,@Blue_Eyes @Pomegranate .
@Pomegranate ,@syedali73 , @Green Arrow ,@DESERT FIGHTER ,@Zarvan ,@IrbiS ,@KURUMAYA ,@Menace2Society ,@Jazzbot ,@Imran Khan ,@WAR-rior ,@SpArK ,@Akheilos ,@terry5 ,@thesolar65 ,@levina ,@AZADPAKISTAN2009 ,@Leader ,@hunter_hunted , @Junaid B ,@Armstrong @Color_Less_Sky ...............
--
STARs ... glitter with full glowry when they have their time .. with time they go dim.. and fall out...
but they alwasy leave their legacy ..
so be these two guys ..
every cricket fan want these guys in his fav team when they were in their best ..
well journey ..
hope they will enconurage youg talent .. to amke nation proud

Misbah proved that his presence in middle order will be missed but not sure about Afridi...... I was very much impressed with misbah coolness n his temperament especially under pressure...
Afridi could not impress with his performance in this world cup but he had some impressive records in past....
Both deserve a standing ovation .....

Back
Top Bottom