What's new

Thailand leads ASEAN in 5G

Our current situation in Malaysia any economy planning is impossible. Vietnam is lucky to have a stabil government. About South China Sea I personally think it is stupid. We also built a runway in layang layang Island. It is so hard to maintain under the scorching sun. It is only good for scuba diving and it cost 1000 usd to go there and worst you cannot stay overnight because the high tide might wash you away. Hence basically they are useless. Due to political rhetoric people is talking nonsense. The smartest is still Singapore they don't get involve at all. Vietnam claimed the most of all these islands. What can people do with these called tiny island. Mass media nowadays is unbelievable filled with fake news. US is also spending more money in creating more distorted news. Perhaps the CIA wishing Asian to fight Asian so that they will still hold on to be world hegemon. News said US is declining in fact they are not, but other nations had developed and progress hence they felt out of place. For Malaysia we are neutral and we don't feel the threat even from China, as we had live for centuries together they did not conquered us even when they were superpower before 19th centuries. Only the west does that to the whole world.
Singapore and Malaysia not doing what you mentioned it is due to economical fore sight. We are too small.
Most probably Intel moved from Penang Malaysia to Vietnam. They stayed in malaysia big for almost 25 years. Believed they will stayed in Vietnam for a certain period then they perhaps will move somewhere else when Vietnam becomes expensive. That is the cycle.
Don't be naive, these big tech company will not share their technology, even when the transfer is done. There is already new one out.
My personal experience building roads, utilities, all the basics it is more important for Asean. I also worked in India, their roads are terrible, how are going to attract foreign investor when the basic is not there. In the 50 and 60s malaysia started to ensure basic utility is developed. In the 70 to 90s many roads, highway are built. In the 2000s we venture to technology but not so successful. Then corruption takes it toll when money is there. You are right we are stucked in the middle income trap whereas Singapore is free of these. For a country to get out of the income traps, corruption should not be there. Education and planning is most important. If Vietnam is successful we are happy for Asean. For now we are not in good situation. If Vietnam does not keep good relationship with China like what you said a small war or whatsoever, investors will runaway. And then we Asian is pushed into poverty again. The West will watch TV and enjoyed.

Our current situation in Malaysia any economy planning is impossible. Vietnam is lucky to have a stabil government. About South China Sea I personally think it is stupid.

We also built a runway in layang layang Island. It is so hard to maintain under the scorching sun. It is only good for scuba diving and it cost 1000 usd to go there and worst you cannot stay overnight because the high tide might wash you away. Hence basically they are useless. Due to political rhetoric people is talking nonsense. The smartest is still Singapore they don't get involve at all. Vietnam claimed the most of all these islands. What can people do with these called tiny island
SCS(east sea) is a crucial shipping lines for East Asia ( abt 70 % CN-SK-JP merchant ships must pass through there), not mentioning who can control 80 % of the sea will control the economy of East Asia,too. thats why CN badly wanna control this sea, so she can brake the US's containment.

Those tiny islands will help VN control this sea, if VN cover the sea with sea mine, then no merchant ships can pass through, it means CN-TW-SK-JP economy will collapse.
Most probably Intel moved from Penang Malaysia to Vietnam. They stayed in malaysia big for almost 25 years. Believed they will stayed in Vietnam for a certain period then they perhaps will move somewhere else when Vietnam becomes expensive. That is the cycle.
Bro, even chips factories in SK-Taiwan also still can earn a huge benefit, so I dont think Intel need to move somewhere else when Vietnam becomes expensive bcs TW-SK salaries are much higher than in VN now.

Don't be naive, these big tech company will not share their technology, even when the transfer is done. There is already new one out.
My personal experience building roads, utilities, all the basics it is more important for Asean. I also worked in India, their roads are terrible, how are going to attract foreign investor when the basic is not there. In the 50 and 60s malaysia started to ensure basic utility is developed. In the 70 to 90s many roads, highway are built. In the 2000s we venture to technology but not so successful. Then corruption takes it toll when money is there. You are right we are stucked in the middle income trap whereas Singapore is free of these. For a country to get out of the income traps, corruption should not be there. Education and planning is most important. If Vietnam is successful we are happy for Asean. For now we are not in good situation. If Vietnam does not keep good relationship with China like what you said a small war or whatsoever, investors will runaway. And then we Asian is pushed into poverty again. The West will watch TV and enjoyed.
They may transfer old tech to us, but it may still useful. For example, BMW sold Vinfast Euro 5 engine (while EU is applying Euro 6 now), then its still good enough for VN market (and even ASEAN market,too) when Vnese can buy German standard cars in just half price plus good after sale service from Vinfast. ( I think your Proto car can't sell well and had to sell abt 50% to CN Geely bcs u failed to make good after sale service ).

Many old techs (car, EV battery) actually are good enough when we can make cheaper prices than the new tech one, at least they are good enough for our own use, so we dont have to import everything from CN.

Vietnam of course also wanna keep good relationship with China, but SCS(east sea) is too important we will not let CN take more islands, so it'd better for VN if CN collapse in trade war against US. VN could be the next target after CN collapse, but when VN control 80% SCS(east sea), then US dare not make any trouble for VN.:)

SCS(east sea) is a crucial shipping lines for East Asia ( abt 70 % CN-SK-JP merchant ships must pass through there), not mentioning who can control 80 % of the sea will control the economy of East Asia,too. thats why CN badly wanna control this sea, so she can brake the US's containment.

Those tiny islands will help VN control this sea, if VN cover the sea with sea mine, then no merchant ships can pass through, it means CN-TW-SK-JP economy will collapse.

Bro, even chips factories in SK-Taiwan also still can earn a huge benefit, so I dont think Intel need to move somewhere else when Vietnam becomes expensive bcs TW-SK salaries are much higher than in VN now.

The country that spent billions in a year is US navy. They are ensuring free navigation for all including China. If there is no freedom of navigation the country that loses the most is China as they export the most so now US is helping China to keep freedom of navigation. And even though China claimed the 9 dash line it does not state to disallow any one to cross there right ? How US is going to have a blockage there, even with the strongest navy , these ship need food water replenishment. Think ..........

Very childish to say Vietnam is going to put sea mine. Then first vietnam economy will collapse first. Asean, Europe, OIC and the world will have UN multilateral action on Vietnam.

For now it is cheap in Vietnam, malaysian salary also cheaper than Taiwan -SK they aslo move out to even cheaper my friend. When Vietnam reach a certain income there is Cambodia, Maynmar,etc cheaper than Vietnam dont be naive. I believe you are still very young wait another 20 years maybe Vietnam own company is going to move out of vietnam when they can make profit somewhere else. This is capitalism- coorperate world - profit first. Even today the bisggest GM factory is not in US but China.

Very childish to say Vietnam is going to put sea mine. Then first vietnam economy will collapse first. Asean, Europe, OIC and the world will have UN multilateral action on Vietnam.
U should understand that why VN war against US was too long (20 years ) and US tried everything in the war ( except nuke bomb) but still lost, its bcs SCS(east sea) is too important.

ASEAN navies are weak, NATO-US already lost in VN war, if they wanna stop VN covering the sea wt sea mine, then they must use Nuke bomb, otherwhile, they will lose again, there is No way to defeat VN in conventional warfare :cool:

They may transfer old tech to us, but it may still useful. For example, BMW sold Vinfast Euro 5 engine (while EU is applying Euro 6 now), then its still good enough for VN market (and even ASEAN market,too) when Vnese can buy German standard cars in just half price plus good after sale service from Vinfast. ( I think your Proto car can't sell well and had to sell abt 50% to CN Geely bcs u failed to make good after sale service ).

Many old techs (car, EV battery) actually are good enough when we can make cheaper prices than the new tech one, at least they are good enough for our own use, so we dont have to import everything from CN.

Vietnam of course also wanna keep good relationship with China, but SCS(east sea) is too important we will not let CN take more islands, so it'd better for VN if CN collapse in trade war against US. VN could be the next target after CN collapse, but when VN control 80% SCS(east sea), then US dare not make any trouble for VN.:)

Not after sale service our corruption take tolls as they are buying parts from crony company. That is the real reason. You can visit Malaysia and you will confused we have so many types of car from all over the world. If Vietnam want to invest here you are welcome. Even my German friend said it is crazy here so many types :) . The older model engine is better. New model too much of electronics once the car own it is totally down.

China is progressing fast. It is the biggest economy in term of PPP per capita since 2016. It wont collapse. If the yuan is at 6.0 against the US dollar in 2017 they are the biggest economy already. They already have local purchasing power to maintain and don't depend so much like in the 90s for export. EU, Japan , South Korea, US ,etc their number trading nation is China. China GDP per capita is more or less like Malaysia and imagine they have 1.4 billion people. Any nation that is smart now will think how to export to China. The trade war with china from the US is because they feel insecure that they are not number one economical power anymore - more towards hegemon politics.

What the world is seeing is how the financial is going to evolve as US is printing lots of money. The poorest government is the world is US government. They owed so much not sure how they are going to pay back. Now Biden is opting to print money from the thin air. He has given first round of trillion stimulus money by printing money. So these fund will end soon in another few month. So next is what? Printing again. That is why the whole world economist plus US one is confused. Believed US dollar will lose its value.

Vietnam is sovereign country they can decide what to buy from who they want to buy. You can choose to buy a Mercedes rather than a Toyota it is up to your country choices and capability my friend. If you have the money you can even banned all the imports and make your own car. But basic economy rules proves at the expand of the consumers.

"but when VN control 80% SCS(east sea), then US dare not make any trouble for VN.:)"
Today US is not making trouble is because they lost the war even though they won the battles. There is no interest for the US to make trouble for Vietnam for now. They are in fact financially tight. And in near future US will have less carrier group , too expensive to maintain and making new ones. If they want to take these island then they will be very stupid. Even tough they have the ability to do it. These islands are useless. Trust me another 10 years you see these island will remain as it is today. Unless VN is so rich want to turn these island into real island and make it like Hawaii. There are not even island. Just some sand atolls.

Only the media is making sensation out of it.

U should understand that why VN war against US was too long (20 years ) and US tried everything in the war ( except nuke bomb) but still lost, its bcs SCS(east sea) is too important.

ASEAN navies are weak, NATO-US already lost in VN war, if they wanna stop VN covering the sea wt sea mine, then they must use Nuke bomb, otherwhile, they will lose again, there is No way to defeat VN in conventional warfare :cool:

Without China and Russia, Vietnam is definately losing the war just like Iraq. However on land Vietnamese is one of the best. Without support from China and Russia you don't have a chance. And without VN fighting spirit you also cannot win the war. VN is under nationalism even before the VN war you guys kick the FR out for your independent. Then US came.

ASEAN navy is not weak my friend. I believe Singapore navy is most modern. Thailand also not so bad. Even malaysia navy can match your navy. Your can check. On land Indonesia army is the strongest. Of course if the war is in Vietnam main land then advantages goes to Vietnam. But on sea don't underestimate the Singaporean Navy.
Thailand even have a small aircraft carrier my friend.

Not after sale service our corruption take tolls as they are buying parts from crony company. That is the real reason. You can visit Malaysia and you will confused we have so many types of car from all over the world. If Vietnam want to invest here you are welcome. Even my German friend said it is crazy here so many types :) . The older model engine is better. New model too much of electronics once the car own it is totally down.
Actually my company had a plan to import Malaysian cars (Proton ,perodua etc) bcs we can get Zero tax from importing ASEAN cars, but we gave up bcs we could not find MY car part suppliers in VN :laugh:

What I mean here, ASEAN nations should discuss together to make our own ASEAN cars, we should stop using JP-SK- German cars , otherwhile, we will get stuck in the middle income trap for good.

Even buying license to manufacture old BMW engine (Euro 5) is also good enough for ASEAN market.
China is progressing fast. It is the biggest economy in term of PPP per capita since 2016. It wont collapse. If the yuan is at 6.0 against the US dollar in 2017 they are the biggest economy already. They already have local purchasing power to maintain and don't depend so much like in the 90s for export. EU, Japan , South Korea, US ,etc their number trading nation is China. China GDP per capita is more or less like Malaysia and imagine they have 1.4 billion people. Any nation that is smart now will think how to export to China. The trade war with china from the US is because they feel insecure that they are not number one economical power anymore - more towards hegemon politics.

What the world is seeing is how the financial is going to evolve as US is printing lots of money. The poorest government is the world is US government. They owed so much not sure how they are going to pay back. Now Biden is opting to print money from the thin air. He has given first round of trillion stimulus money by printing money. So these fund will end soon in another few month. So next is what? Printing again. That is why the whole world economist plus US one is confused. Believed US dollar will lose its value.

Vietnam is sovereign country they can decide what to buy from who they want to buy. You can choose to buy a Mercedes rather than a Toyota it is up to your country choices and capability my friend. If you have the money you can even banned all the imports and make your own car. But basic economy rules proves at the expand of the consumers.
True, China is progressing fast.Thats why Obama badly want to complete TPP deal , which help US stop buying everything from CN and turning to buy products from VN instead. Trump was too stupid to cancel the deal while Biden is only good at printing more Dollars that also doesnt help US economy get better in long term.

The only way for US to defeat CN in trade war is to slap 25 % tariff on all CN products and turn to buy those things from VN. CN also know that, thats why she has to try all ways to take control the SCS(east sea)
from VN, so she can force VN stop making a same TPP deal with US. Just look at the chart, even US is still buying a lot from CN now, but those ones suffering from 25% tariff are declining .

25 % tariff plus turning to buy products from VN can destroy CN economy easily

OG-FY850_Semico_4U_20210511151520.png

OG-FY852_Change_4U_20210511151610.png

"but when VN control 80% SCS(east sea), then US dare not make any trouble for VN.:)"
Today US is not making trouble is because they lost the war even though they won the battles. There is no interest for the US to make trouble for Vietnam for now. They are in fact financially tight. And in near future US will have less carrier group , too expensive to maintain and making new ones. If they want to take these island then they will be very stupid. Even tough they have the ability to do it. These islands are useless. Trust me another 10 years you see these island will remain as it is today. Unless VN is so rich want to turn these island into real island and make it like Hawaii. There are not even island. Just some sand atolls.

Only the media is making sensation out of it.

Not so sure, when CN collapse, US may wanna invade VN again. Its just like Mongol was defeated by VN in the first time, but they didnt stop. After they successfully conquered CN, Mongol tried to attack VN two more times.

So, maybe US will act the same thing like Mongol did to VN, she may try to attack VN tow more time, who knows. SO, VN'd better try to control 80% of SCS(eas sea) to make sure US never can defeat VN in conventional warfare :)

Without China and Russia, Vietnam is definately losing the war just like Iraq. However on land Vietnamese is one of the best. Without support from China and Russia you don't have a chance. And without VN fighting spirit you also cannot win the war. VN is under nationalism even before the VN war you guys kick the FR out for your independent. Then US came.
North Korea also got support from Soviet-CN and they still lost, thats why NK has to make her own Nuke, so at least no one dare to attack her now.

VN can make nuke bomb like NK, too if Russia dont support us anymore and thats enough for to cover 80% SCS(east VN sea) in 5 years without being attacked by US-NATO.

ASEAN navy is not weak my friend. I believe Singapore navy is most modern. Thailand also not so bad. Even malaysia navy can match your navy. Your can check. On land Indonesia army is the strongest. Of course if the war is in Vietnam main land then advantages goes to Vietnam. But on sea don't underestimate the Singaporean Navy.
Thailand even have a small aircraft carrier my friend.

ASEAN navy cant compete wt VN one, bro. VN has 6 Kilos sub that can attack any ASEAN warship from 220km without suffering a scratch and Kilos also can attack any ASEAN islands from 300km ,too :cool:

----------------------------

The submarines feature 533-milimeter torpedo tubes and are armed with torpedoes, mines and Kalibr 3M-54 (NATO SS-N-27 Sizzler) cruise missiles, mainly intended for anti-shipping and anti-submarine missions in relatively shallow waters.
8_2.jpg

w1.png
AIR-LAUNCHED ANTI-SHIP 3M-54E/E1 MISSILE
3M-54E missiles carry a 450-kilo (992-pound) warhead with a range of 220 kilometers, and are capable of destroying a large surface ship. The subsonic 3M-54E1 variant has a range of 300 kilometers.
w2.png
ANTI-SUBMARINE 91RE1/RE2 MISSILE
The missiles have a 50-kilometer range, carry 76-kilo warheads and are designed to defeat modern and advanced submarines in all areas of the ocean, including in shallow depths.
w3.png
LAND ATTACK 3M-14E MISSILE
The missile is designed to destroy targets protected by sophisticated active air defenses and countermeasures and is capable of long-range precision strikes.

Actually my company had a plan to import Malaysian cars (Proton ,perodua etc) bcs we can get Zero tax from importing ASEAN cars, but we gave up bcs we could not find MY car part suppliers in VN :laugh:

What I mean here, ASEAN nations should discuss together to make our own ASEAN cars, we should stop using JP-SK- German cars , otherwhile, we will get stuck in the middle income trap for good.

Even buying license to manufacture old BMW engine (Euro 5) is also good enough for ASEAN market.

True, China is progressing fast.Thats why Obama badly want to complete TPP deal , which help US stop buying everything from CN and turning to buy products from VN instead. Trump was too stupid to cancel the deal while Biden is only good at printing more Dollars that also doesnt help US economy get better in long term.

The only way for US to defeat CN in trade war is to slap 25 % tariff on all CN products and turn to buy those things from VN. CN also know that, thats why she has to try all ways to take control the SCS(east sea)
from VN, so she can force VN stop making a same TPP deal with US. Just look at the chart, even US is still buying a lot from CN now, but those ones suffering from 25% tariff are declining .

25 % tariff plus turning to buy products from VN can destroy CN economy easily

View attachment 747762

View attachment 747763

Not so sure, when CN collapse, US may wanna invade VN again. Its just like Mongol was defeated by VN in the first time, but they didnt stop. After they successfully conquered CN, Mongol tried to attack VN two more times.

So, maybe US will act the same thing like Mongol did to VN, she may try to attack VN tow more time, who knows. SO, VN'd better try to control 80% of SCS(eas sea) to make sure US never can defeat VN in conventional warfare :)

Proton started getting engine from Mitsubishi. Then it built it's own engine and even we bought Lotus. It is not going to be that simple , as said before even Thailand, Singapore and Indonesia do not attempt to try this. Maybe VN can make it.

The world history had shown tariffs does not work. With the tariffs consumers has to pay more. Companies investing in Vietnam is even before the tariffs. VN main investors is Singapore, follow by South Korea and thirdly China. The reason they moved to Vietnam is not because of the tariff alone but because Vietnam labor is still very cheap. Sorry to say the 25% will not collapse China. Even 100% will not also. If it works US should have done it already 200% . Due to Vietnam location also is nearer to China so for convenience sake they move some there. Even before the tariffs China already into automation as they knew labor is getting expensive and they don't want to trap in the middle income had move their manufacturing to other countries.

So what you are experiencing now in VN is what we had experience 30 years ago. The imports of CN furniture to US drop is not due to the tariffs my friend, China only have 20% left of jungle area. They are into zero carbon emission. And the semiconductor also not due to the tariffs my friend. China themselves had shortages of chips. So whatever made in China is already sold in China. Besides Huawei and others hoarded all the chips. Don't you know that the world had shortages of chips?

Talking about laying sea mines , Malaysia can do better we had the Melaka straits. It is very stupid to do that. Then the world world will go against us. Thailand will build the canal. All our neighbors, Japan, South Korea, China, US, and EU will screw us nicely, even VN, now you cannot export your furniture to beyond Melaka strait . Maybe the ships had to use indonesia sea. And the sea policeman, the US will come and get us. Come on be real not just emotion whacking. VN is Asean now.

North Korea also got support from Soviet-CN and they still lost, thats why NK has to make her own Nuke, so at least no one dare to attack her now.

VN can make nuke bomb like NK, too if Russia dont support us anymore and thats enough for to cover 80% SCS(east VN sea) in 5 years without being attacked by US-NATO.

ASEAN navy cant compete wt VN one, bro. VN has 6 Kilos sub that can attack any ASEAN warship from 220km without suffering a scratch and Kilos also can attack any ASEAN islands from 300km ,too :cool:

----------------------------

The submarines feature 533-milimeter torpedo tubes and are armed with torpedoes, mines and Kalibr 3M-54 (NATO SS-N-27 Sizzler) cruise missiles, mainly intended for anti-shipping and anti-submarine missions in relatively shallow waters.
8_2.jpg

w1.png
AIR-LAUNCHED ANTI-SHIP 3M-54E/E1 MISSILE
3M-54E missiles carry a 450-kilo (992-pound) warhead with a range of 220 kilometers, and are capable of destroying a large surface ship. The subsonic 3M-54E1 variant has a range of 300 kilometers.
w2.png
ANTI-SUBMARINE 91RE1/RE2 MISSILE
The missiles have a 50-kilometer range, carry 76-kilo warheads and are designed to defeat modern and advanced submarines in all areas of the ocean, including in shallow depths.
w3.png
LAND ATTACK 3M-14E MISSILE
The missile is designed to destroy targets protected by sophisticated active air defenses and countermeasures and is capable of long-range precision strikes.

. We already have our national car in 1986, you just wanting to start we will see . True?

Singapore navy had the Gotland submarine that beats the US nuclear submarine. And Singapore Gotland submarine has AIP system. Indonesia and Thailand also had submarines. Malaysia also got 2 that hardly submerged. Today in Asean strongest military is Indonesia. Second in Vietnam. But Navy is Singapore and Airforce is also Singapore. Singapore airforce is trained by Israel, Singapore arm forces in not located in Singapore itself. They are located in Thailand, Taiwan and Australia as well. If war take place lets say in some other place rather than in Vietnam land forces and it involves asean country. Indonesia vs Vietnam - Indonesia have the number and figthing in jungle also their traits. 50-50% Thailand vs VN- 50-50% Singapore vs VN- 50-50% . Singapore more advanced and it is commonwealth country Australia, US,UK, Malaysia will be in and not to mentioned their good buddy Israel. And worst Singapore is also a good friend to Thailand, Taiwan and even China. Even Australia arm forces admit that SG is more lethal than them. Hence to say it is better don't be like India beating it chest.
Asean culture is peace and face to face slow talk,

NK is totally a different scenario. They don't have jungle like Vietnam. At that time Russia and China vs US hardware gap is still big. NK did not lost the war my friend, technically they are still at war. And you saw in the news that SK and NK are enemies that is bullshit. I worked a year in SK. SK is actually supporting NK. only US refused for them to unify. There is many SK people in VN you can talk to them and find out.
And the news also tell you NK is communist also bullshit. NK rise is in fact nationalism just like VN. Apart from that is imperialism as for the Korean in history they are always superior to JP. Same as JP in WW2 it is all about imperialism. Not some communist bull shit.

And if Vietnam build the nuclear bomb then Asean members will not include Vietnam. Asean is no nuclear weapons in our area. If a poor country like NK can build nuclear weapons do you think other cannot build? It is we don't want to do it. SK also can do it.

. We already have our national car in 1986, you just wanting to start we will see . True?

Singapore navy had the Gotland submarine that beats the US nuclear submarine. And Singapore Gotland submarine has AIP system. Indonesia and Thailand also had submarines. Malaysia also got 2 that hardly submerged. Today in Asean strongest military is Indonesia. Second in Vietnam. But Navy is Singapore and Airforce is also Singapore. Singapore airforce is trained by Israel, Singapore arm forces in not located in Singapore itself. They are located in Thailand, Taiwan and Australia as well. If war take place lets say in some other place rather than in Vietnam land forces and it involves asean country. Indonesia vs Vietnam - Indonesia have the number and figthing in jungle also their traits. 50-50% Thailand vs VN- 50-50% Singapore vs VN- 50-50% . Singapore more advanced and it is commonwealth country Australia, US,UK, Malaysia will be in and not to mentioned their good buddy Israel. And worst Singapore is also a good friend to Thailand, Taiwan and even China. Even Australia arm forces admit that SG is more lethal than them. Hence to say it is better don't be like India beating it chest.
Asean culture is peace and face to face slow talk,
Yeah ...but how can SG navy fight against VN Kilos in SCS(east sea) when our Kilos just simply ambush somewhere there they cant find and suddenly fire the torpedo from 50km to sink SG subs ??

For Thai army, if u dont know, then let me remind u that VN attacked Thailand from 1979 to 1988, we could occupied Bangkok easily, but we just didnt do that. So, I bet that Thai army wont fight against VN when we cover the sea with sea mines, they dont want VN to occupy their Bangkok, bro :cool:

Not mentioning , after defeating Pol Pot (leader of Khmer rouge) in 1979, VN has stationed a tank base in Camb ( Kampong Speu ), near Thai's border, so Thai'd better be friendly with VN now

---------

• 6 November: Vietnamese troops attacked a lightly manned Thai Border Patrol outpost near Surin on the border. Two Thai soldiers were killed, 25 wounded and 5 missing in fighting for control of Hill 424 at Traveng, 180 miles northeast of Bangkok.[30] About 100 soldiers from the PAVN 73rd Regiment pushed about a mile into Thai territory but were later forced back into Cambodia by Thai forces. A Thai military source said the Vietnamese crossed the border in pursuit of Khmer Rouge guerrillas.[31]

NK is totally a different scenario. They don't have jungle like Vietnam. At that time Russia and China vs US hardware gap is still big. NK did not lost the war my friend, technically they are still at war. And you saw in the news that SK and NK are enemies that is bullshit. I worked a year in SK. SK is actually supporting NK. only US refused for them to unify. There is many SK people in VN you can talk to them and find out.
And the news also tell you NK is communist also bullshit. NK rise is in fact nationalism just like VN. Apart from that is imperialism as for the Korean in history they are always superior to JP. Same as JP in WW2 it is all about imperialism. Not some communist bull shit.

And if Vietnam build the nuclear bomb then Asean members will not include Vietnam. Asean is no nuclear weapons in our area. If a poor country like NK can build nuclear weapons do you think other cannot build? It is we don't want to do it. SK also can do it.
Jungle didnt help much, bro. B-52 bomber can bombard anywhere in VN, they even bombarded Ha Noi in 1972 (but got shot down a lot). Of course its very hard to shoot down B52 having well protected by F4, F111 and Wild weasel squadron to seek and destroy VN radar.

NK failed to shoot down US bombers, so they lost the war, even when CN army came and help, its still no use.

-------------------

The F-4E, the most advanced Phantom variant with extensive ground-attack capabilities and an internal gun, became the basis for the F-4G Wild Weasel V (also known as the Advanced Wild Weasel). This modification consisted of removing the gun and replacing it with the APR-38(t) Radar Homing and Warning Receiver (later upgraded to the APR-47), and a cockpit upgrade for the back seat to manage the electronic combat environment. A total of 134 F-4G models were converted from F-4Es with the first one flying in 1975. Squadron service began in 1978.

F-4Gs were deployed to three active wings. One was stationed at George AFB, Victorville, California, as part of the Rapid Deployment Force; one wing was assigned to USAFE (US Air Forces in Europe) at Spangdahlem AB, Germany; and the other to PACAF (Pacific Air Forces) at Clark AB, Philippines. F-4Gs from George AFB, Clark AB and Spangdahlem AB saw combat during Operation Desert Storm in 1991, successfully protecting strike packages from enemy air defenses. During this conflict the F-4G saw heavy use, with only a single loss: an aircraft from Spangdahlem AB crashed in Saudi Arabia while returning from a mission, after one of the AGM-88 HARM anti-radiation missiles hang fired which left the aircraft's instruments not displaying the correct altitude information and a significant frame tweak from the damage made the plane hard to control. After an investigation into the loss of the aircraft which occurred during several aborted landing attempts in a sandstorm, it was determined that a fuel cell was punctured by anti-aircraft fire. The pilot and EWO safely ejected after the engines shut down when the aircraft ran out of fuel attempting to land at a forward airstrip.

After Desert Storm, some of the George AFB aircraft were assigned to the 124th Wing of the Air National Guard at Boise, Idaho, 190th Fighter Squadron. Aircraft from Spangdahlem, Clark, and the remainder from George were assigned to the 561st Fighter Squadron, 57th Fighter Wing (Active Duty) at Nellis AFB, Las Vegas. The aircraft remained in service until 1996, with both squadrons participating in frequent deployments to Saudi Arabia and Turkey in support of Operation Provide Comfort, Operation Southern Watch, and Operation Vigilant Warrior enforcing the no-fly zones over Iraq. By this time the F-4G was the last operational variant of the Phantom II in the US forces. Many of the airframes were later used as target drones and Aircraft Battle Damage Repair training aids.

Last edited:
Yeah ...but how can SG navy fight against VN Kilos in SCS(east sea) when our Kilos just simply ambush somewhere there they cant find and suddenly fire the torpedo from 50km to sink SG subs ??

For Thai army, if u dont know, then let me remind u that VN attacked Thailand from 1979 to 1988, we could occupied Bangkok easily, but we just didnt do that. So, I bet that Thai army wont fight against VN when we cover the sea with sea mines, they dont want VN to occupy their Bangkok, bro :cool:

Not mentioning , after defeating Pol Pot (leader of Khmer rouge) in 1979, VN has stationed a tank base in Camb ( Kampong Speu ), near Thai's border, so Thai'd better be friendly with VN now

---------

• 6 November: Vietnamese troops attacked a lightly manned Thai Border Patrol outpost near Surin on the border. Two Thai soldiers were killed, 25 wounded and 5 missing in fighting for control of Hill 424 at Traveng, 180 miles northeast of Bangkok.[30] About 100 soldiers from the PAVN 73rd Regiment pushed about a mile into Thai territory but were later forced back into Cambodia by Thai forces. A Thai military source said the Vietnamese crossed the border in pursuit of Khmer Rouge guerrillas.[31]

Jungle didnt help much, bro. B-52 bomber can bombard anywhere in VN, they even bombarded Ha Noi in 1972 (but got shot down a lot). Of course its very hard to shoot down B52 having well protected by F4, F111 and Wild weasel squadron to seek and destroy VN radar.

NK failed to shoot down US bombers, so they lost the war, even when CN army came and help, its still no use.

-------------------

The F-4E, the most advanced Phantom variant with extensive ground-attack capabilities and an internal gun, became the basis for the F-4G Wild Weasel V (also known as the Advanced Wild Weasel). This modification consisted of removing the gun and replacing it with the APR-38(t) Radar Homing and Warning Receiver (later upgraded to the APR-47), and a cockpit upgrade for the back seat to manage the electronic combat environment. A total of 134 F-4G models were converted from F-4Es with the first one flying in 1975. Squadron service began in 1978.

F-4Gs were deployed to three active wings. One was stationed at George AFB, Victorville, California, as part of the Rapid Deployment Force; one wing was assigned to USAFE (US Air Forces in Europe) at Spangdahlem AB, Germany; and the other to PACAF (Pacific Air Forces) at Clark AB, Philippines. F-4Gs from George AFB, Clark AB and Spangdahlem AB saw combat during Operation Desert Storm in 1991, successfully protecting strike packages from enemy air defenses. During this conflict the F-4G saw heavy use, with only a single loss: an aircraft from Spangdahlem AB crashed in Saudi Arabia while returning from a mission, after one of the AGM-88 HARM anti-radiation missiles hang fired which left the aircraft's instruments not displaying the correct altitude information and a significant frame tweak from the damage made the plane hard to control. After an investigation into the loss of the aircraft which occurred during several aborted landing attempts in a sandstorm, it was determined that a fuel cell was punctured by anti-aircraft fire. The pilot and EWO safely ejected after the engines shut down when the aircraft ran out of fuel attempting to land at a forward airstrip.

After Desert Storm, some of the George AFB aircraft were assigned to the 124th Wing of the Air National Guard at Boise, Idaho, 190th Fighter Squadron. Aircraft from Spangdahlem, Clark, and the remainder from George were assigned to the 561st Fighter Squadron, 57th Fighter Wing (Active Duty) at Nellis AFB, Las Vegas. The aircraft remained in service until 1996, with both squadrons participating in frequent deployments to Saudi Arabia and Turkey in support of Operation Provide Comfort, Operation Southern Watch, and Operation Vigilant Warrior enforcing the no-fly zones over Iraq. By this time the F-4G was the last operational variant of the Phantom II in the US forces. Many of the airframes were later used as target drones and Aircraft Battle Damage Repair training aids.
If VN laid mines and all shipping is disrupted only at Vietnam proximity areas. others also can laid their mine surrounding all VN cost. All foreign investors froze their manufacturing. A lot of people will out of job. That will be disaster for Vietnam being isolated by all. Vietnam ship also cannot leave proximity water. Many other country also own the Kilos even though it is silent buy aip submarine is also as silent and can submerged for a long period.

Jungle do help in guerrilla warefare with tunnels. Yes the B52 can do carpet bombing but it is bombing the jungle and civilian and croops only, without SAM from the communist block how Vietnam going to shoot down the B52?
As I said without the big power in fact Vietnam is another Iraq.
That is why Vietnam adventures is stopped.
At the same time Vietnam also suffered from the long war. Vietnam will be defeated easily without China and Russian support in today warefare. Tunnel is also at risk with bunker buster.

If VN laid mines and all shipping is disrupted only at Vietnam proximity areas. others also can laid their mine surrounding all VN cost. All foreign investors froze their manufacturing. A lot of people will out of job. That will be disaster for Vietnam being isolated by all. Vietnam ship also cannot leave proximity water. Many other country also own the Kilos even though it is silent buy aip submarine is also as silent and can submerged for a long period.
We have enough food to survive at least 5 years when we block SCS(east sea) wt sea mines while CN-JP-SK-TW economy will collapse in abt 6 months when their merchant ships, oil tankers cant pass through :)

Investors can leave VN that time, but they also cant manufacture anywhere in Asia when the shipping line is blocked.
Jungle do help in guerrilla warefare with tunnels. Yes the B52 can do carpet bombing but it is bombing the jungle and civilian and croops only, without SAM from the communist block how Vietnam going to shoot down the B52?
As I said without the big power in fact Vietnam is another Iraq.
That is why Vietnam adventures is stopped.
At the same time Vietnam also suffered from the long war. Vietnam will be defeated easily without China and Russian support in today warefare. Tunnel is also at risk with bunker buster.
US had Wild Weasel squadron to seek and destroy SAM, thats why Egypt also had SAM in "6 day war" against Israel, but lost badly.

Not mentioning US also had radar jamming devices, so SAM radars almost could not see B52.

U are too naive abt US air forces. Soviet also help Eguyt with SAM, but they lost. Ha Noi, capital of VN is not jungle area, my friend :).

Pls tell me how could u detect B 52 when she successfully jam your radar ?? not mentioning Wild Weasel squadron will come and destroy your radar when they detect the signal ??
----------
Among the Egyptian planes lost were all 30 Tu-16 bombers, 27 out of 40 Il-28 bombers, 12 Su-7 fighter-bombers, over 90 MiG-21s, 20 MiG-19s, 25 MiG-17 fighters, and around 32 assorted transport planes and helicopters. In addition, Egyptian radars and SAM missiles were also attacked and destroyed. The Israelis lost 19 planes, including two destroyed in air-to-air combat and 13 downed by anti-aircraft artillery.[81] One Israeli plane, which was damaged and unable to break radio silence, was shot down by Israeli Hawk missiles after it strayed over the Negev Nuclear Research Center.[82] Another was destroyed by an exploding Egyptian bomber

Last edited:
We have enough food to survive at least 5 years when we block SCS(east sea) wt sea mines while CN-JP-SK-TW economy will collapse in abt 6 months when their merchant ships, oil tankers cant pass through :)

Investors can leave VN that time, but they also cant manufacture anywhere in Asia when the shipping line is blocked.

US had Wild Weasel squadron to seek and destroy SAM, thats why Egypt also had SAM in "6 day war" against Israel, but lost badly.

Not mentioning US also had radar jamming devices, so SAM radars almost could not see B52.

U are too naive abt US air forces. Soviet also help Eguyt with SAM, but they lost. Ha Noi, capital of VN is not jungle area, my friend :).

Pls tell me how could u detect B 52 when she successfully jam your radar ?? not mentioning Wild Weasel squadron will come and destroy your radar when they detect the signal ??
----------
Among the Egyptian planes lost were all 30 Tu-16 bombers, 27 out of 40 Il-28 bombers, 12 Su-7 fighter-bombers, over 90 MiG-21s, 20 MiG-19s, 25 MiG-17 fighters, and around 32 assorted transport planes and helicopters. In addition, Egyptian radars and SAM missiles were also attacked and destroyed. The Israelis lost 19 planes, including two destroyed in air-to-air combat and 13 downed by anti-aircraft artillery.[81] One Israeli plane, which was damaged and unable to break radio silence, was shot down by Israeli Hawk missiles after it strayed over the Negev Nuclear Research Center.[82] Another was destroyed by an exploding Egyptian bomber

South China Sea is huge. Noone can blockage south China sea. With only 8 kilo class submarines imposible. Beside your Daddy Russia and Mummy China will not let it happened don't be naive. VN war is a guerilla warfare can fight another 200 years aslo no ending whereas Korean war is all out war. If VN is so great why not you send your army to help your comrade NK to unify with SK, I am sure the Korean will remember VN. NK is fighting UN and not US at that time. I think they need the Vietcom help. From here with NK and VN can bromance and they both of you can even share even nuclear weapons. Be realistic the world is pursuing economy advancement and conflict is being avoided.
Malaysia/Singapore gained independent even without firing a bullet. That is why when Vietnam joined Asean it started to learn the diplomacy method rather than being a fighting bull. No offends ya we are just talking in a mamak shop. Mamak shop in malaysia means coffee shop, free time talking for sake of talking.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom