What's new

THAAD System could be Vulnerable to Chinese Missiles: Report

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
THAAD_Missile_System.jpg

Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD), formerly Theater High Altitude Area Defense, is a United States Army Anti-Ballistic Missile System

Several types of Chinese ballistic missile are capable of penetrating the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense System about to be deployed in South Korea, Amanda Macias, defense correspondent for Business Insider, writes in a piece published on Oct. 18.

During Xi Jinping's visit to the United States last month, the deployment of the THAAD missile defense system to South Korea was the only point of opposition he had with President Barack Obama, Seoul's Yonhap news agency reported. Macias described the American THAAD as a system that can shield South Korea from a potential missile attack launched by either North Korea or China.

The South Korean president, Park Geun-hye, discussed the North Korean and Chinese missile threat with President Obama during her visit to the White House on Oct. 16. General Curtis Scaparrotti, the commander of United States Forces Korea, told Yonhap that he had personally recommended the deployment of the THAAD system.

However, Macias also pointed out that the THAAD is developed particularly to intercept short-range and medium-range ballistic missiles during the terminal stage of their flight path. This would make it no problem for the system to intercept any ballistic missile fired from North Korea. However, certain ballistic missiles including medium-range missiles like China's DF-26 could potentially get through, Macias wrote.

THAAD system could be vulnerable to Chinese missiles: report|WCT

Can any one compare THAAD and S400 systems?

According to Russian DW "Today USA first time tested naval air defence systems in Europe."

Command base which in Romania, fired air defnce system. SM3 shot the rocket Terrier Orion which has launched from Gebrids islands.

They mean, may be first time SM-3 used?

Опубликовано: 20 окт. 2015 г.
The Arleigh Burke-Class guided missile destroyer USS Ross (DDG 71) launches an SM-3 guided interceptor at a ballistic missile threat as part of the Maritime Theater Missile Defense (MTMD) Forum's At Sea Demonstration (ASD) 15. Nine MTMD nations took part in ASD-15.

Last edited:
THAAD (ABM) system is very good actually. It has 11 successful intercepts in its testing history.

THAAD (ABM) system is very good actually. It has 11 successful intercepts in its testing history.

I love this system. one day they would be deployed in Vietnam land.

@BoQ77
I am not good in international affair. Can I ask you something?
Vietnaw occupied and destroyed by USA, against whom do you need American systems?

Against PRC? Do you have problem with China about costs and seas?

Last edited:
i thought this was a given, it would really be news if it wasn't vulnerable to any chinese missiles, because that would mean the chinese second strike capability has been compromised. it'll be a cold day in hell before the chinese ever let that happen.

@BoQ77
I am not good in international affair. Can I ask you something?
Vietnaw occupied and destroyed by USA, against whom do you need American systems?

Against PRC? Do you have problem with China about costs and seas?

THAAD system is for Anti Ballistic.
You could spend some times and find around here in this forum, there're members from only one country keep threatening us by thousands of their short and medium range Ballistic Missiles aim to us.
And write down their flag name, ok?

@BoQ77
Which country has thousand of Ballistic Missile with range to Vietnam? MMM It might be People Republic of China???

Bro dont be unngry. May be i said something wrong.

i am really dont know and i dont have to read all subtitles of forum.

Back
Top Bottom